Watch Out for Dodgey Fake SanDisk 32GB MicroSD Cards From ebay!!

Search This thread

Yoshi_523

Sep 11, 2010
I ordered a 32GB SanDisk MicroSD card for my Desire HD from a cheap ebay seller. He seemed to have ok feedback and the picture showed the Micro SD card in the standard red SanDisk retail packaging. I paid around 20-22 bucks. I later got a message from ebay saying they had removed the listing due to the owners copyright infringement / fraud and sayed if I had paid they highly recommended I seek a refund. I am still waiting on my case with paypal dispute. Hopefully all will come good there. Just the other day I received the card from China or Hong Kong. It's obviously got different print to "real" SanDisk MicroSD cards I've bought and it came without the retail red packaging. The card didn't work at all in the SD card adapter when put into my laptop running Windows 7. My Cannon SD870 IS Digital Elph camera did recognise the card. I low level formatted the card on the camera and still the SD card adapter on the laptop didn't want to use the card. A USB adaptor worked enough to format the card. I did a full lengthy format. Copying 30GB or so of .mp3s to the card resulted in only most mp3s not playing.

-BUYER BE WARNED-

Here's a pic of the real vs. the dogey:

fakemicrosdcard.jpg

monyozt

Mar 18, 2008
kudus
so wired...
i have opened 5 BNIB (sealed) HTC Desire HD.. but all of them had different brand and class of memmory card

1 come from Sandisk 8gb class 2
1 come from Sandisk 8gb class 4
1 come from Samsung 8gb class 2
1 come from Samsung 8gb class 4
1 come from Kingstone 8gb class 4

arielc

Dec 23, 2004
London
Yeah i got a 32gb sd card from ebay, fake
Got my money back via paypal protection, didnt have to bother returning the item either since they kicked the guy from ebay.
i think the cards around 4gb was copying at like 800 kbs not really worth me finding out how to sort it out so that it shows up as a 4gb.

Any recommendations on cards/cheap place to get them. 16gb class 4 is £15.99 at mymemory but their out of stock at the moment also you can get 10% cashback via quidco.

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
Got my money back via paypal protection, didnt have to bother returning the item either since they kicked the guy from ebay.
i think the cards around 4gb was copying at like 800 kbs not really worth me finding out how to sort it out so that it shows up as a 4gb.

Any recommendations on cards/cheap place to get them. 16gb class 4 is £15.99 at mymemory but their out of stock at the moment also you can get 10% cashback via quidco.

7 day shop

Reactions: arielc

olivierlee

Jun 21, 2010
Sydney
Have you ordered from here before?

&

Is there a way to find out what class your sd card is? (I hav a few cards lying around but they dont have class number printed on them.

Try to copy stuff to them and monitor the transfer rate, then compare with:
Class 2, 2 MB/s.
Class 4, 4 MB/s.
Class 6, 6 MB/s.
Class 10, 10 MB/s.

These are minimum sustained write speeds.

briand77

Jan 26, 2011
I ordered my Sandisk 32gb c2 from a normal webshop since I don't trust those ebay super-fantastic-discount deals. Write speeds are always above 5MB/s so I am pretty chuffed with it.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

arielc

Dec 23, 2004
London

Bought this exact card from your recomendation, thanks for that.

Thing is the write speed is around 2.5 Mb/s and towards the end of a file it drops down to 700Kbs half the time.

It's not the biggest deal in the world, but their are times when i need to drop a quick tv show or film on my dhd and it just takes its sweet time :S

Could it be a faulty card? should i speak to Dane-Elec. Didnt format the card when i got it, should i do that now? its fat 32 if that helps.

Dlog

Dec 30, 2011
most hardware is made in china these days

my complete pc says "made in china" and i bought it all from local stores...not even off the internet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yip, had exactly the same.

Probably stolen from the wheely bins outside a factory after they failed QA.
    There are some things that people just shouldn't buy on ebay.

-Flash Memory
    -Headphones
    -Bluetooth Headsets
    -Mobile phone batteries

In general all of the above will be fake. I have ordered at least one of all of those things on ebay and not a single one has been genuine.

7 day shop