Adjust Touchscreen Sensitivity

Search This thread

swedbass

Mar 1, 2005
In WM5 there was a registry entry that determined the sensitivity of the touchscreen. I found it useful to increase the sensitivity since I use a screen protector.

Now I'm using WM6, and that registry key doesn't exist. Anybody have a clue how it can be done?

jlpk007

Apr 15, 2007
any one care to share if u know this...i find the touch sensitivity is not very good...i always have to press twice to get it right:confused:

Neverwork

Jan 12, 2007
I always thought that this was a big problem in porting the TouchFLO things to the Hermes, because the hermes doesnt have a pressure-sensitive Touch Screen?

but hell, prove me wrong :)

shafez

Jul 12, 2005
Cairo
In WM5 there was a registry entry that determined the sensitivity of the touchscreen. I found it useful to increase the sensitivity since I use a screen protector.

Now I'm using WM6, and that registry key doesn't exist. Anybody have a clue how it can be done?

What is the tweak for WM5? Can you share it with us?
I have not heared about it before.

I also need it as I use screen protector too.

Thanks and regards

stan23

Jun 29, 2006
Nürnberg
Isn't the sensitivity adjusted when you do the screen alignment in Settings -> System -> Screen according to your pressure?

shafez

Jul 12, 2005
Cairo

Is it top secret that you do not want to share ?

What is the tweak in wm5 please ?

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens
HKLM/SOFTWARE/Drivers/Touch

Inside there is a key named 'Pressure Threshold' which you can modify (remember ONLY to increase it, decreasing it may result a non responding touchscreen)

shafez

Jul 12, 2005
Cairo
HKLM/SOFTWARE/Drivers/Touch

Inside there is a key named 'Pressure Threshold' which you can modify (remember ONLY to increase it, decreasing it may result a non responding touchscreen)

I Flashed i-mate WM5 Rom and the Reg Key dos not exist.

Can you tell me exactly the path and values

Thanks and regards

victoradjei

Nov 8, 2004
Thank you very much

Regards

Go to HKLM/Drivers/TouchPanel/Pressure Threshold (Tested on HTC Touch)

I changed from 11000 to 12000 for testing and I feel some sensitivity icrease. I thought a lower figure would rather increase it because it is a threashold? Others should test and give feed back

Neverwork

Jan 12, 2007
Go to HKLM/Drivers/TouchPanel/Pressure Threshold (Tested on HTC Touch)

I changed from 11000 to 12000 for testing and I feel some sensitivity icrease. I thought a lower figure would rather increase it because it is a threashold? Others should test and give feed back

KEYWORD THERE: TESTED ON HTC TOUCH

The Touch has a different Touchscreen than the TyTN ALLOWING for Pressure Sensitivity.

The Hermes has no such screen, its either touched, or not.

not touched at what pressure

sorryy :(

jlpk007

Apr 15, 2007
my default value is decimal 9175....how come ur is so high 11000??anyway i changed mine to 12000 also...i dont feel any difference at all on my touch...sad:(

Last edited:

austinsnyc

Mar 24, 2007
New York City
www.austinluker.com
if this dos not exist in the hermes registry then why is it in the hermes forum? this is more than confusing. I don't understand why people with the HTC Touch/Elf are posting there results here. maybe it came up on a search and they didn't relize this was the hermes forum? in any case MODS should move this if there is nothing relivant to the hermes.