All ICS Builds -Fixes Email exchange security bypassed, working calendar sync

Search This thread

vTeCz

Oct 10, 2010
Delete your exchange email account. Make sure no device admins then use root explorer or adb the files posted below to system /app. Reboot, add account, set up pin. Once email works you can remove your pin security if you wish.

http://www.mediafire.com/?oa2zi4k2d8oaow9

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Didn't work for me on FB17. Email keeps crashing after I pushed with rootexplorer, didn't even get add my account back.

jamesey

Aug 1, 2006
Didn't work for me on FB17. Email keeps crashing after I pushed with rootexplorer, didn't even get add my account back.

If you are odexed delete the odex files. Also make sure the permissions are an upside down L like the other files in the dir

Reactions: xpanmanx

r2xj

Feb 12, 2008
I don't suppose this will do anything for the required security when a cert is installed will it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

jamesey

Aug 1, 2006
I don't suppose this will do anything for the required security when a cert is installed will it?

I'm not really sure. I had to use this again for FB21 and this time I didn't even have to set the pin, but I did have to wipe the app cache for the exchange app, wipe cache & and davlik in recovery as I was getting fc. after that perfect

clshores

Sep 3, 2008
Middle Tennessee
Delete your exchange email account. Make sure no device admins then use root explorer or adb the files posted below to system /app. Reboot, add account, set up pin. Once email works you can remove your pin security if you wish.

OOPS! There is a problem with your download is what I get/ Will try again later. Will also try CM9 email apps as suggested by others.

jamesey

Aug 1, 2006
I just looked file appears to be there

ad4da0da-1fae-f599.jpg

iondokk

Dec 11, 2007
I wasn't able to get this to work, I think I read that there is a problem with this on FB21 can anyone confirm. I need exchange or ICS is a nogo for me.

Samsung Epic Touch 4G
(ROM) XPLOD SE V0.2
(KERNEL) Rogue14
(THEME) NONE
(MOD) Madoggin- LS Mod
(MODEM) EL29

jamesey

Aug 1, 2006
I wasn't able to get this to work, I think I read that there is a problem with this on FB21 can anyone confirm. I need exchange or ICS is a nogo for me.

Samsung Epic Touch 4G
(ROM) XPLOD SE V0.2
(KERNEL) Rogue14
(THEME) NONE
(MOD) Madoggin- LS Mod
(MODEM) EL29

I'm on fb21 with fb21 kernel. I pushed the apks to your system/app and fixed the permissions, cleared app cache etc? These apks worked on all fb leaks for me

iondokk

Dec 11, 2007
Finally got it thank you... anybody heard of a vvm fix for ICS?

Samsung Epic Touch 4G
(ROM) Callk's FB21 ICS
(KERNEL) Rogue FB21 (Odin mobile)
(THEME) NONE
(MOD) Exchange swap
(MODEM) FB21

Reactions: tshile

beleedat

Aug 17, 2010
Will this work on cm9 since I'm using the fb21 kernel (not sure if that makes a difference). If not does anyone know of a work around since I would like to be able to use the pattern unlock?

jamesey

Aug 1, 2006
Will this work on cm9 since I'm using the fb21 kernel (not sure if that makes a difference). If not does anyone know of a work around since I would like to be able to use the pattern unlock?

It should work, but I haven't flashed cm9 so I can't tell you for sure. You can certainly use any security type if you wish, but won't be mandatory

Sent from self nominated "A" team member's phone.

Reactions: beleedat

jamesey

Aug 1, 2006

Samsung Epic Touch 4G
(ROM) Callk's FB21 ICS
(THEME) NONE
(MOD) Exchange swap
(MODEM) FB21

I use google voice. I like it better since it let's you screen your calls and voice mails and also transcripts them

veggiebenz

Jun 19, 2010
VVM fix for ICS

I was having Visual Voice mail crash on me once moving to ICS. I closed the app, and deleted data. After that it ran fine.

Good luck.

evantribley

Nov 11, 2009
Dublin
You are a life saver, I was dead in the water without contacts and calendar. Works great with FB27 and I did not have to use a pin.

Delete your exchange email account. Clear app cache for exchange. Make sure no device admins then use root explorer (must fix file permissions using root explorer) or adb the files posted below to system /app. Reboot, add account, set up pin. Once email works you can remove your pin security if you wish.

## This is not a flashable zip

Full Disclosure: I am a Sprint employee. Any opinions are my own and in no way endorsed by Sprint.

Sent from my SGSII on the Sprint network.

jamesey

Aug 1, 2006
Glad it's working for others to. I can't be without my calendar and hate using pins passwords

tshile

Dec 1, 2011
ok, i may need some help here.
I don't have root explorer because i don't want to pay 4$ for it unless i absolutely have to...

i just flashed calkulins 1.1 e4gt 2 rom.
i downloaded this zip
verified no device admins, delete cache was not an option since no accounts were ever set up after the flash
opened android commander - installed both apk's as system apps
checked that settings matched the rest of the apps in sys/apps folder (chmod 644)
reset phone

right now here's the current state:
was able to add exchange 2010 account, however still asked for pin/password when adding account (this is not a problem, i want the security, but maybe this hints the apk's didn't install correctly??)
as of right now, about 5 minutes after adding the account, i have no email, calendar, tasks, or contacts. when i load email it just spins on 'loading'.
i'm hooked up to wifi, so it should not be a speed issue.

did I do something wrong? i'd love to get this fixed and be able to use calkulin's rom, but i have to be able to connect to exchange :(

edit: i did a factory reset and now the email is loading up. still no tasks/calendar/contacts but it may just take time to get all synced up. i'll remote back in an hour or so what the status is.

edit2: the exchange services are listed as 3.1 when i go to app manager, so clearly it didn't install correctly.
i'm going to try just deleting the exchange/email apks and moving yours over, setting permissions and then restarting.
also - whats the difference between exchange/email.apk and com.android.email/exchange.apk ?

edit3: ok this has been fixed. I've posted a new post replying to this with what I did. i was stupid and clearly didn't understand the process.

thanks for the apps everything looks great :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Delete your exchange email account. Clear app cache for exchange. Make sure no device admins then use root explorer (must fix file permissions using root explorer) or adb the files posted below to system /app. Reboot, add account.

## This is not a flashable zip

If you are odexed delete the odex files. Also make sure the permissions are an upside down L like the other files in the dir

Samsung Epic Touch 4G
    (ROM) Callk's FB21 ICS
    (THEME) NONE
    (MOD) Exchange swap
    (MODEM) FB21

It should work, but I haven't flashed cm9 so I can't tell you for sure. You can certainly use any security type if you wish, but won't be mandatory

ok, i may need some help here.
    I don't have root explorer because i don't want to pay 4$ for it unless i absolutely have to...
    [bunch of garbage i've edited out to save space]

thanks for the apps everything looks great :)
    on the off chance someone had problems like I did, here's where i went wrong:
    first, once you've installed the new apps - before you add the account make sure email and exchange (under manage apps) show up as 4.1
    If when you add an account it doesn't look drastically different - all white screen, icons are different, doesn't ask for security to be set, etc - then you did it wrong (like me :) )

i used ES file explorer, enabled root, mounting system, and enabled up to root directory.

deleted exchange.apk and email.apk, then copied over the ones in the zip.

do not remove com.android.exchange/email.apk. i'm not sure what those do but without them the phone is incredibly slow as it constantly tries to run email/exchange services, force closes, then retries. anoying.

in short, as usual, my problems were user error. :)