[ROM][KANG][2012.09.16] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Milestone XT720

Search This thread

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Haven't had any black screen's for a while with Cronos but keep getting them now with this ROM. It is still a mystery to me! Other than that everything was great.

Last edited:
Reactions: space4ace

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
So far, the latest build has been running very well.

I created an ext3 on my sdcard a long time ago. Using O.R., I changed it to ext4 a while back and recently was having all kinds of problems. I changed it back to ext3 after a restore using O.R. and it's been running great with many different roms.
I don't know if changing the ext on the sdcard to 4 and then 3 again should even make a difference, but it did something good anyway.

I'm still having the problem with the usb connection not always working the first time. I just disconnect and connect again and it always works the second time.

Great update so far with this ROM.

Sent from my XT720 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: LibertyMonger

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
So far, the latest build has been running very well.

I created an ext3 on my sdcard a long time ago. Using O.R., I changed it to ext4 a while back and recently was having all kinds of problems. I changed it back to ext3 after a restore using O.R. and it's been running great with many different roms.
I don't know if changing the ext on the sdcard to 4 and then 3 again should even make a difference, but it did something good anyway.

I'm still having the problem with the usb connection not always working the first time. I just disconnect and connect again and it always works the second time.

Great update so far with this ROM.

Sent from my XT720 using xda premium

No Black screens? I don't know what it is with the black screens It seems once I start to get them there is nothing I can do to stop them with certain ROM's, like Bravo it took a long time to get it working steady. I also get them with stock 2.1 right after flashing sbf so don't think it is the ROMs. But then I can flash a different ROM like hcats or CronosX and never get them. And then I flashed a new ROM on my mom's Huawei and she started to get them. So I think it is definitely an sdcard issue but maybe more sensitive with some ROM's more than others? Guess I will never know lol.

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
LibertyMonger: I won't even try to explain this one but I'm now getting the black screen problem too. And it started not long after reading your message. Your phone's bad vibes are affecting my now? :D
But, that happened when trying to transfer some large files to different directories. I should do this by connecting to the computer only.
Oh well! I got tired and went back to hhcat shenqi... Whatever it's called. It works great (once I got that one to work, with your help and Mioze7Ae 's help too).
Once I feel like it, I will copy the important stuff from my sdcard on the computer and format and setup the sdcard to fat32 only. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

TyrionWarMage

Aug 17, 2010
I'm using this ROM for quite awhile now, but since a version from around January, my phones does reboot after 2-3min of phonetime. I know this problem was mentioned here before and i already did Factory Reset/Wipe, including SD-Card and removed all ext/App2SD stuff.

Still happening :(

Any ideas ? .. dont mind installing/using complex stuff (commandline/logger) as long as there is a chance that i can stay on this rom and dont need to fallback to stock ....

kousik

Nov 28, 2010
Bangalore
My phone application is crashing frequently. These calls ring and then the app crashes. It doesn't even register a missed call. And bad part is, after that it goes to SIM unlock page, so if I wasn't paying attention, further incoming call not possible until I notice and supply sim unlock code.

Anyone else seeing the same?

I'm using this ROM for quite awhile now, but since a version from around January, my phones does reboot after 2-3min of phonetime. I know this problem was mentioned here before and i already did Factory Reset/Wipe, including SD-Card and removed all ext/App2SD stuff.

Still happening :(

Any ideas ? .. dont mind installing/using complex stuff (commandline/logger) as long as there is a chance that i can stay on this rom and dont need to fallback to stock ....

I still see this problem. But it does not crash from every incoming call. Trying to find a pattern on this. Will try to reproduce when the phone is under adb logcat. I was wondering if the "minute reminder" in the phone app causing it, but even if I turned that off, problem was seen.

jackfrost3821

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Today something weird stuff happened, while browsing through gallery pictures phone rebooted itself. After booting up it failed to mount sd card, it doesn't show sd card even if it is inserted. Tried connecting sd card to PC with card reader and it is all fine. Tried different sd cards on phone but it doesn't show notification message saying 'Preparing sd card'. I've flashed the ROM again but still no luck, it doesn't read it.
Any suggestions on what should I do?

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Today something weird stuff happened, while browsing through gallery pictures phone rebooted itself. After booting up it failed to mount sd card, it doesn't show sd card even if it is inserted. Tried connecting sd card to PC with card reader and it is all fine. Tried different sd cards on phone but it doesn't show notification message saying 'Preparing sd card'. I've flashed the ROM again but still no luck, it doesn't read it.
Any suggestions on what should I do?

Well, the nuclear option is to use your PC to backup the files and then reformat your FAT partition and copy the files back. If you have an ext partition use nandroid to backup and restore the "sd data" partition and then use the OpenRecovery XT720 SD card utilities to upgrade the restored ext partition from ext2 to ext3 (or ext4).

The thermonuclear option is to also factory reset.

Reactions: jackfrost3821

jackfrost3821

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Well, the nuclear option is to use your PC to backup the files and then reformat your FAT partition and copy the files back. If you have an ext partition use nandroid to backup and restore the "sd data" partition and then use the OpenRecovery XT720 SD card utilities to upgrade the restored ext partition from ext2 to ext3 (or ext4).

The thermonuclear option is to also factory reset.

Thank you for the quick reply but when I go into OR I could see the updates( .zip files on sd card) but when it boots up it doesn't show sd contents plus it refuses to load contents of other sd cards those work fine on other phone. STRANGE!

Last edited:

Conneyjr

Feb 1, 2011
Tallahassee
I am having trouble with there new google play store force closing us anyone else having this problem if so any suggestions on how to fix it?

Sent from my XT720 using XDA Premium App

Zachary57

Feb 2, 2011
Gallery button don't work ?
It kill app.

More, camcorder doesn't work well it alwas crash when recording video after 20 or 30s and it save nothing (with class 10sdcard).

EDIT: camcorder issue solved by restoring vm heapsize to 32 and by enabling usb dev. It smooth and without lags.

Last edited:
Reactions: peshovec

S7icky

Jun 23, 2011
K soooo im poppin my head in here for a min... lol good to be back :p

K soooo how is this rom coming along is bravo still the best option for stablity?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom compiled from CyanogenMod7 vanilla source, android 2.3.7 — for Milestone XT720.

Link:
    Archive

Peshovec test branch releases:
    20120123 build

Installing instructions:

Install milestone default 2.1 rom(Russian, CBW, Singapore, whatever);
    Root it with androot or superoneclickroot.
    Install last openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae.
    Download update, put it to /sdcard/openrecovery/updates and update it in openrecovery.

One man making and one man standing.. it's good... yes.
    But when team working together - that much better.
    For that we make "organization" in github, where everyone can commit his patch to source.
    So, everyone may join to our "organization" =)

https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720

Credits:
    CyanogenMod Developers,
    Quarx,Xvilka,Dexter, Mioze7Ae, Stifley, nadlabak, dateno1, j.y.daddy, easye420, mchlbenner, mediaon, peshovec, Skrilax_CZ, khalpowers, wanted, hellmonger, stlifey, Epsylon3
    People, there to many of you. Just THANK YOU for everyone who help me and who make this rom possible.
    Updater app

Here's a first attempt at an updater app. It's a port of milaq's cm4mm-updater for CM6.3 https://github.com/milaq/cm4mm-updater (which I understand is a continuation of a pre-RomManager CyanogenMod updater). At the moment, all I've done is change the default URL that the updater uses to read the available ROM list. Currently, it's probably more interesting to developers so don't get all whiny.

Some Notes:
    • Available ROMs are configured in the update_file.json file at https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/cm4mm-updater-manifest -- the updater downloads and parses that file
    • Actual ROMs get pulled from https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/android/downloads
    • ROMs can be marked stable ("S") or experimental ("X")...
    • The default preference is to not display experimental ROMs...
    • The only ROM currently available *is* marked experimental (it's fj's 18112011) -- so if you run this you won't see any ROMs until you manually change the preference
    • ROMs are downloaded directly into the /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates folder
    • milaq puts cm4mmupdater.apk in prebuilt/app on CM6.3
    • There's a nice mechanism for including change logs, but I didn't do that. Look at milaq's *.json for a better example.
    New build, fixed camera recording.
    New build, new memory tweaks, new kernel tweaks, market identification fixed.. i hope.