Full root for A10x and A5xx ICS. Simple method.

Search This thread

jschall

Dec 30, 2009
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec
@NoSudo: I know what "binary" means, in both the original definition and the neologism. I asked what @Goofball meant by "update binary".

Thanks for your explanation, @Goofball. I did that, and it worked. I am rooted, woohoo! A simple check like that should be added to ZeroNull's instructions, along with the need to install Acer's USB Driver on your PC.

Now, can anybody explain why ZeroNull's script won't detect the USB connection without the Acer driver, even though the stock Windows 7 drivers show the tablet is connected?

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia
@NoSudo: I know what "binary" means, in both the original definition and the neologism. I asked what @Goofball meant by "update binary".

Thanks for your explanation, @Goofball. I did that, and it worked. I am rooted, woohoo! A simple check like that should be added to ZeroNull's instructions, along with the need to install Acer's USB Driver on your PC.

Now, can anybody explain why ZeroNull's script won't detect the USB connection without the Acer driver, even though the stock Windows 7 drivers show the tablet is connected?

Yea I see now, You had been asking about the settings inside superuser. I just miss understood your query the first time.

mjybarr

Jul 18, 2010
www.mexdroidmod.com
If you are like me, you are getting the error:

"mempodroid isn't created"

I found a solution. I'm not sure if this is anywhere else,
but I will post it here.

I am using Win7 64bit, Iconia a510

I installed Superuser BEFORE I did these steps.

I opened runit-win.bat in a text editor and found the step
sending me to the error and simply deleted it.

I deleted lines 19 -21:
Code:
adb pull /data/local/tools/mempodroid
if not exist mempodroid goto ermem
del mempodroid >nul

I "saved as" and just added a "2" to the filename: runit-win2.bat
I ran it again, got the reboot, got root

Have fun.

Worked like a charm!

Sent from pure meXdroidmod!

Chib

Dec 4, 2005
Just so everyone knows, this root kit also works on the new Iconia A510.
I just got my Acer Iconia A510 from Amazon this morning and decided to install the USB drivers and tried this rooting kit and low and behold I got full root access. :D:D:D:p:p:p

Thanks ZeroNull!!!!

Root is OK but...
Can you mount the system as R/W ????
In my case it's not working.

vniko

Jan 26, 2007
I just got my Acer Iconia A510 from Amazon this morning and decided to install the USB drivers and tried this rooting kit and low and behold I got full root access. :D:D:D:p:p:p

Thanks ZeroNull!!!!

Yes! It`s Works on A510.

before 4...
download a new drivers for Acet Iconia Tab a510 from ACER SITE (name USB_Acer_1.0_A40I_A.zip) and install it without USB connected A510.

Chib

Dec 4, 2005
What are you using to try to get r/w access? I use ES File Explorer and in the options, enable root access and then enable system r/w access.

yes I've tryed it too... in settings all is the same but writing to system\app is failed

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Yes! It`s Works on A510.
same question can you write to system\app especially rewrite some apps?

jhsband84

Feb 10, 2011
Acer Composite ADB Interface Not Installed Properly

I'm posting this in case others find themselves in this situation with "Wait for Connect Device".

I installed 4.0.3, Builder Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_Gen1. Running the batch file to root my tablet gave me Wait for Connect Device. I reinstalled the drivers from Acer's website twice. I reset my tablet through "settings" and then with the pinhole. Still nothing.

So I checked Device Manager (Windows XP SP3), and saw that Acer Composite ADB Interface has a yellow exclamation mark. I tried getting that to update, but Windows couldn't find anything more suitable than what's installed already.

Next I uninstalled Acer Composite ABD Interface (in Device Manager), unplugged my USB cable, replugged the cable, and it installed fine. I reran the root script, it ran through it's thing, my tablet rebooted, and was rooted! YAY! Got Superuser and Titanium Backup installed fine.

Thanks to everyone who's worked so hard on this tablet. Much appreciated!!

Rebel2k

May 19, 2007
Thank you for this new version! I successfully rooted my Iconia A510 with the last update (updated OTA yesterday). Everything went flawlessly! :)

wchildress

Mar 17, 2006
Charleston
Thank you.

Thank you so much for this, it work flawlessly. I think I now have butterflies in my stomach thinking about what I can do now. Hell yeah!

acme anvil

Jul 15, 2011
Langley, BC
OnePlus 8T
For whatever reason, installation seems to go fine but when I checked device it isn't rooted. Also cannot download superuser from market. Getting some type of error code. I'll have to check again for the specific error.

Edit: So this morning for whatever reason, I was able to download superuser and install it. Everything good now. Root access achieved. Thanks a lot.

Sent from my A510 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

bsnavely

Feb 26, 2009
It worked without any problems with my A500, script ran perfectly. One question, is it possible or even necessary to unroot to receive OTA updates? Thanks again

wicced247

Sep 30, 2011
Any way to archive rooting without a PC? Meaning using Tablet only?

Sent from Wicced's rooted A100 16gb HoneyComb 3.2 using XDA PREMIUM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

How to:
    1. The tablet should be already upgraded to stock ICS for A100/A101 (or stock ICS A500/A501/A510 for other tablets).
    2. Download this archive on the computer. Unpack it to any place.
    3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
    4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer (Before connection it is recommended to update the driver for a tablet from here: A10x, A50x, A510).
    5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
    The root is received!
    6. Now you will have to install the following programs:
    SuperUser APK
    Titanium Backup
    At first it is necessary to start the Superuser program, at least 1 time after receiving root. And only then programs that require root access.

ATTENTION!
    Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

Change:
    The error of final check of receiving root is corrected (The messaging that "root" isn't received, though it was not so)
    Support of A510 of tablets is improved

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

List of rooting versions:
    New - ICS_rooting_A10x_A5xx.zip
    Old - ICS_rooting.zip

PS: I understand English rather badly, but I'll try to help, if it is necessary. :)
    PS2: Command "Mount ro/rw" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!
    PS3: This method does not work on the A511 tablets
    This also works on the new Acer Iconia A510!!!!!

Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).
    How to:
    1. The tablet should be already upgraded to ICS for A100.
    2. Download this archive on the computer. Unpack it to any place.
    3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
    4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer.
    5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
    The root is received!
    6. Now you will have to install the following programms:
    SuperUser APK
    Titanium Backup

ATTENTION!
    Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

PS: I understand English rather badly, but I'll try to help, if it is necessary. :)
    PS2: Command "Mount ro/rw" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!

Thanks ZeroNull!!!!
    Always please!

Not at all :D
    I was afraid that something was translated incorrectly. But now everything is all right! :)
    We do have recoveries, CWM and TWRP, not sure what you are offering? Unless you mean a way to install them without unlocking, which is fine, but we lose use of recovery entirely that way. Or I'm just not understanding, in which case I apologize, I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything.

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.

Ah, right, that's what I was offering, sorry. No need for that then :)
    is this a permanent root? or temporary? it give r/w permission on system folder?
    Permanent :)