[ROM][DEV][CM] CyanogenMod 7.2 for lg p690 (Optimus Net / Optimus Link)

Search This thread

falrein

Apr 20, 2012
So I just managed to install CMod after hours of searching, and so far it is working great for me!

Only one problem though, whenever I use the android Music player and the android music widget, when I press the next/previous song buttons, it results in fastforwarding/rewinding the current song a few seconds BEFORE moving on to the previous/next song. Is there any way to disable the seeking of music tracks and just using next/back with no fastforward/rewind?

Also: My phone seems to be overheating? o_o

Last edited:

sacredash

Aug 22, 2011
Mumbai
So I just managed to install CMod after hours of searching, and so far it is working great for me!

Only one problem though, whenever I use the android Music player and the android music widget, when I press the next/previous song buttons, it results in fastforwarding/rewinding the current song a few seconds BEFORE moving on to the previous/next song. Is there any way to disable the seeking of music tracks and just using next/back with no fastforward/rewind?

Also: My phone seems to be overheating? o_o

Try Settings→cyanogen mod settings→input and disable the last option maybe it'll help.
For overheating issues change your governor or lower your max. frequency .

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

@jst Thanks for the awesome rom. Was wondering whether you plan to make cm9 . Its already under work at androidworld.it

Last edited:

Jwarner83

May 1, 2012
I would really like to try this mod but am very new to the android scene, if anyone would be willing to help me through the whole process including flashing the custom recovery :confused:

sacredash

Aug 22, 2011
Mumbai
I would really like to try this mod but am very new to the android scene, if anyone would be willing to help me through the whole process including flashing the custom recovery :confused:

You must have root and es file explorer
First of all download and put flash_image and recovery.img in sdcard/
Link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1354387
Also download terminal emulator from play store.
Using es file explorer long press on recovery.img go to properties and select show checksum . Tick md5 and select calculate. This should give you a mix of numbers and characters. Compare it to the md5 sum given in the thread it should match exactly. If not download again and try.
Open terminal emulator and type su and press enter. The $ should change into # .
Now copy paste these lines as is.
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# cat /sdcard/flash_image> /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
# reboot recovery
If you get file not found error ignore it and continue.

Last edited:

hotchapmanu

Dec 2, 2011
Trivandrum
Hai jst
the battery issue still exist ....any update???
I think you can fix the CM9 ROM....we are thankful to u if you clear the bugs in cm9...hope you help us....:):thumbup:

Sent from my LG-P690 using XDA

cinchez

May 1, 2012
Just tested the mod from the mediafire link with my p698 phone... didnt work...

CWM says the installation failed... dnt know why but I think it has something to do with the phone model... The error display quotes multiple P690 patterns...

Am I stupid for trying(even though the model phone was properly specified) or it doesnt just work fine for my model?... :)

Thanks ;)

Jwarner83

May 1, 2012
You must have root and es file explorer
First of all download and put flash_image and recovery.img in sdcard/
Link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1354387
Also download terminal emulator from play store.
Using es file explorer long press on recovery.img go to properties and select show checksum . Tick md5 and select calculate. This should give you a mix of numbers and characters. Compare it to the md5 sum given in the thread it should match exactly. If not download again and try.
Open terminal emulator and type su and press enter. The $ should change into # .
Now copy paste these lines as is.
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# cat /sdcard/flash_image> /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
# reboot recovery
If you get file not found error ignore it and continue.
Ok I've done that and after entering the "reboot recovery" command my phone reboots and hangs on the LG splash screen :-\ I have the LG Optimus Net (L45C) from Net10

amolebirje1982

Mar 3, 2011
Just tested the mod from the mediafire link with my p698 phone... didnt work...

CWM says the installation failed... dnt know why but I think it has something to do with the phone model... The error display quotes multiple P690 patterns...

Am I stupid for trying(even though the model phone was properly specified) or it doesnt just work fine for my model?... :)

Thanks ;)

Nope, it wont work with P698. It is a dual sim phone, right? The above rom works solely for P690

Reactions: cinchez

hotchapmanu

Dec 2, 2011
Trivandrum
Reactions: vicfirth_23

fidjit

Nov 6, 2006
Just bought an Australian Telstra Prepaid Version for $49.50 ( with $10 credit ). Whacked a 8GB card in (probably go up to a 16 soon ) and rooted, clockworked, nandroided and installed this rom in under an hour.

This is going to have no phone functionality and is going to be my music player, car gps (probably using Metroview), streaming audio player and geotagger amongst other things.

All good ! Thanks for all the effort :)

Last edited:

skerry2006aj

Apr 28, 2012
Bucharest
for jst, very important!

dude, this thing gets very unstable after 3 weeks of usage.... it crashes on my phone, 4-5 times a day... i don't have more than 4 programs apk, on the phone... seriously, i don't know why, but it crashed very often.... more than 10 times in the last 3 days....

i did all wipe data possible, and i did cleaned up my phone before installing this rom... it just got unstable... i know that i can reflash it, but i want to inform you of this bug... please resolve as fast as you can...:(

sacredash

Aug 22, 2011
Mumbai
dude, this thing gets very unstable after 3 weeks of usage.... it crashes on my phone, 4-5 times a day... i don't have more than 4 programs apk, on the phone... seriously, i don't know why, but it crashed very often.... more than 10 times in the last 3 days....

i did all wipe data possible, and i did cleaned up my phone before installing this rom... it just got unstable... i know that i can reflash it, but i want to inform you of this bug... please resolve as fast as you can...:(

How exactly did it crash? Freezed or black screen or ram dump or any other way?

skerry2006aj

Apr 28, 2012
Bucharest
answ:

it freezes, and i have to do a clockwork recovery mode- reboot to repair it... it happened to me that clockwork to freeze itself, and i had to pll out the batterry...

i don;t know why, but it get very unstable...

Top Liked Posts