"Wifi always on" but not working

Search This thread

arcsuser

Jul 25, 2012
Far Far Away
Any fix for this guys?
I just realized that my wifi isnt working properly even though i set to always on even on sleep. I cant reiceved text notification from my viop apps until i press the power to check any notification

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kentexcitebot

Mar 30, 2014
Moorpark
Any fix for this guys?
I just realized that my wifi isnt working properly even though i set to always on even on sleep. I cant reiceved text notification from my viop apps until i press the power to check any notification

Did you install anything that might conflict with your Wifi, such as battery saving apps or (very few cases) Ram cleaners? This excludes stamina mode.

Last edited:

arcsuser

Jul 25, 2012
Far Far Away
Did you install anything that might conflict with your Wifi, such as battery saving apps or (very few cases) Ram cleaners? This excludes stamina mode.

I dont have any battery saving app except for the stamina and i have a clean master.. But i dont think it prevents it because tried to look for it in the and didnt see one

Fiso

Dec 21, 2013
I dont have any battery saving app except for the stamina and i have a clean master.. But i dont think it prevents it because tried to look for it in the and didnt see one

What channel is your router? Try changing channel to below 11 on router

yup owns Z1 and stuff. Also if I've helped you don't forget to hit THANKS - actions speak louder that words.

arcsuser

Jul 25, 2012
Far Far Away
What channel is your router? Try changing channel to below 11 on router

yup owns Z1 and stuff. Also if I've helped you don't forget to hit THANKS - actions speak louder that words.

I have 2ghz and 5ghz.. Currently connected to 5ghz because its so much faster, it is at channel 153 and my 2ghz is always at auto.
All my devices are in 5ghz except for ps4, cant detect 5ghz.

Fiso

Dec 21, 2013
I have 2ghz and 5ghz.. Currently connected to 5ghz because its so much faster, it is at channel 153 and my 2ghz is always at auto.
All my devices are in 5ghz except for ps4, cant detect 5ghz.

Go 2ghz and this app to find best channel in your neighbourhood:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer

If that fails try flashing a different ROM and see what happens

yup owns Xperia Z1
Current Rom : CM11 with cwm as kernel
Bootloader: Unlocked

Also if I've helped you don't forget to hit THANKS - actions speak louder that words.

arcsuser

Jul 25, 2012
Far Far Away
I cant set to the best rated channel.. Whenever i check the channel after setting it its still at auto

kentexcitebot

Mar 30, 2014
Moorpark
maybe is clean master

Sent from my C6903 Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
No.

Does this happen to any other devices that are connected to your internet? If not, try changing your phone IP address by going to Settings > Wifi Connection > Hold down Network ( for example, xxx.xxx.x.192 to xxx.xxx.x.188). I'm almost certain this won't fix your problem, but just see if it does anything.

Last edited: