Current most stable rom for Oreo ?

Search This thread

DaftHacker

Aug 13, 2014
I would like to upgrade my Nexus to the new android Oreo - 8.0+ but im using it as my daily driver so i want to get a good stable rom with everything working, what rom would you guys recommend ?

Last edited:
Reactions: jodiac

abemore

Jul 31, 2012
Good question. These roms are really hard to evaluate unless each of is willing to spend the time to download, flash, and test every rom. Even then, we need non-subjective tests to be certain.

Jul 23, 2017
Lahore
Go for Lineage OS 15. It can be used as a daily driver because I've been using it myself for about a week now and i didn't find any lag and u wont be disappointed either ;)
To add further i got 55019 on Antutu Benchmark and on Geek Bench 4 i got Single Core : 1046 , Multi-Core : 2606 :D
I get about 2 and half hours of On screen time with 12-14 hours of usage .

mnsiw

Oct 2, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I'm using LineageOS 15 Unofficial by tdukazudon (OpenGAPPs Nano and Magisk 14.5), initially it was very slow and laggy, it settle down now, working good, it's not as smooth as some custom Nougat builds. Anyone on AOSiP or any other Oreo ROM who also tried this LineageOS, please share your opinion, how you compare both ROMs?

Jul 23, 2017
Lahore
I'm using LineageOS 15 Unofficial by tdukazudon (OpenGAPPs Nano and Magisk 14.5), initially it was very slow and laggy, it settle down now, working good, it's not as smooth as some custom Nougat builds. Anyone on AOSiP or any other Oreo ROM who also tried this LineageOS, please share your opinion, how you compare both ROMs?

Apart from Lineage OS 15 i have used Validus OS and Xperience Roms Both Oreo.
Comparing them i can say that Lineage OS 15 is the best then In terms of perfomance and has good battery life
Validus OS is good in terms of performance but to me the battery life was not so good cox i was able to get only 2 hours of on screen time that too with very light usage. Xperience rom was somewhat laggy to me but had best battery life among the three. I got 3 hours 5 mins of SOT with battery down from 100% to 1%.
Validus OS is the ROM that the most customization options at this time . Can't say much about the AICP ROM though.
To me Lineage OS 15 is the best because obviously its a Lineage OS ROM and no other can beat its performance and secondly because it doesn't compromise much at battery for performance . 2 and half hours SOT with the best performance u can get on the latest version of android. I think that's totally acceptable.

mnsiw

Oct 2, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
To me Lineage OS 15 is the best because obviously its a Lineage OS ROM and no other can beat its performance and secondly because it doesn't compromise much at battery for performance . 2 and half hours SOT with the best performance u can get on the latest version of android. I think that's totally acceptable.

Yesterday I flashed AOSiP 20171203 build, GAPPs Nano and Magisk 14.5, replaced launcher with latest Pixel Launcher, feels like its smoother than LineageOS, pretty stable too, not a single reboot or hang, don't care much about battery and SOT so don't know how good is it at that.

Reactions: SHESH PATEL

abhilash2908

Aug 20, 2013
AOSiP 20171203

AOSiP 20171203 is very nice in terms of stability. However, the bluetooth bug currently exists in all Android Oreo ROMs including this one.
The bug that I'm talking about is basically where if you are on a call over bluetooth headsets, there will be a lot of noise in the background and you and the other person will hardly be able to hear each other.

DaftHacker

Aug 13, 2014
AOSiP 20171203 is very nice in terms of stability. However, the bluetooth bug currently exists in all Android Oreo ROMs including this one.
The bug that I'm talking about is basically where if you are on a call over bluetooth headsets, there will be a lot of noise in the background and you and the other person will hardly be able to hear each other.
Yeah i've been running AOSiP for a few days and it seems pretty nice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would like to upgrade my Nexus to the new android Oreo - 8.0+ but im using it as my daily driver so i want to get a good stable rom with everything working, what rom would you guys recommend ?

Yesterday I flashed AOSiP 20171203 build, GAPPs Nano and Magisk 14.5, replaced launcher with latest Pixel Launcher, feels like its smoother than LineageOS, pretty stable too, not a single reboot or hang, don't care much about battery and SOT so don't know how good is it at that.
    AOSiP 20171203

Yeah i've been running AOSiP for a few days and it seems pretty nice.