Micromax Unite 2 - Read Back Guide[Easy way]

Search This thread

Sudeep Duhoon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2012
Delhi
Procedure:
1. Download and install drivers Driver_Auto_Installer_v1.1236.00.7z.
If not working try these too PDAnet_4150.rar.

Problem in installation?? Go here

2. Download scatter from here .

3. Open SP flash tools, load scatter in sp flash tools and go to read back tab. (alternative download link of sp flash tools)

4. Click 'Add' and tap on added read back entry.

5. Select any path to save file and click ok, write 0x3E180000 in length and click ok.

6. Click on read back and connect phone without battery. Wait till it completes.

7. Once you see a green circle, close sp flash tools and switch on the phone.

8. When the phone is on, connect it to pc. See if any notification of 'usb debugging' comes in phone, if not, go to settings->about phone->and tap build number 7 times to enable debugging options.

9. Go back and enter developers options(in settings), and check usb debugging on.

10. Now run mtk driod tools and it will detect phone. (alternative download link of mtk droid tools)

11. In mtk droid tools, click 'root, backup and recovery' tab.

12. Click 'To process file ROM_ from Flash Tool.

13. Locate the file you got from read back.

14. Say no to make CWM recovery automatically and cancel to choose a recovery for similar phone.

15. Now wait again.

Once done, you will get your sp flashable backup in MTK Driod Tools/backup.
Read back complete.;)
Now follow this guide to root your Unite 2.

Attachments

• MT6582_Android_scatter.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 26,350
Last edited:

codergenius

Feb 19, 2014
Procedure:
1. Download and install MTK VCOM drivers.

2. Open SP flash tools and go to read back tab. (alternative download link of sp flash tools)

3. Click 'Add' and tap on added read back entry.

4. Select any path to save file and click ok, write 0x3E180000 in length and click ok.

5. Click on read back and connect phone without battery. Wait till it completes.

6. Once you see a green circle, close sp flash tools and switch on the phone.

7. When the phone is on, connect it to pc. See if any notification of 'usb debugging' comes in phone, if not, go to settings->about phone->and tap build number 7 times to enable debugging options.

8. Go back and enter developers options(in settings), and check usb debugging on.

9. Now run mtk driod tools and it will detect phone. (alternative download link of mtk droid tools)

10. In mtk droid tools, click 'root, backup and recovery' tab.

11. Click 'To process file ROM_ from Flash Tool.

12. Locate the file you got from read back.

13. Say no to make CWM recovery automatically and cancel to choose a recovery for similar phone.

14. Now wait again.

Read back complete.;)

1) we have to load scatter file first right?
2) how huch time it takes to readback?

Last edited:
Reactions: abhishek01

codergenius

Feb 19, 2014
anyone using win 7 pro 64 bit : able to install vcom drivers & successfully rooted unite 2 (i am unable to readback using sp flash tools...getting error as "USBSetting::SearchUSBPortPool(): Scaning USB port failed!(..\QT_FlashTool_Refactor\Conn\USBSetting.cpp,195)" in QT_FLASH_TOOL.log and error "IsValidCOMPort(): Instance ID(USB\VID_8086&PID_0189\6&1279F1F3&0&5) (FlashToolLib/host/windows/com_enum.cpp:942)" in BROM_DLL_V5.log while read back, i am not sure if it is driver issue as preloader driver gets successfully installed

zao.remy

May 27, 2014
Dimapur
green circle

Procedure:

3. Open SP flash tools, load scatter in sp flash tools and go to read back tab. (alternative download link of sp flash tools)

5. Select any path to save file and click ok, write 0x3E180000 in length and click ok.

6. Click on read back and connect phone without battery. Wait till it completes.

8. When the phone is on, connect it to pc. See if any notification of 'usb debugging' comes in phone, if not, go to settings->about phone->and tap build number 7 times to enable debugging options.

9. Go back and enter developers options(in settings), and check usb debugging on.

10. Now run mtk driod tools and it will detect phone. (alternative download link of mtk droid tools)

14. Say no to make CWM recovery automatically and cancel to choose a recovery for similar phone.

15. Now wait again.

Read back complete.;)
Now follow this guide to root your Unite 2.[/
What do you mean by green circle? I can't see except that stop button, which is already green.

abhishek01

Jun 23, 2014
Green circle

Zao, it worked for me after putting in the battery. The flash_tools hanged for a minute then automatically started backing up.

Regards,
Abhishek

Reactions: MillionSwords

eagledipesh

Jan 8, 2011
Project Treble
Google Pixel 6
MTK specific apps

Hi,

Can you confirm if the rom is 4.4.2.
If it is 4.4.2 ROM, then can you please extract and provide the mtk specific apks from /system/app,
ie;
EngineerMode,
EngineerCode
EngineerModeSIM
Mkt_boot
MTKAndroidSuiteDeamon
MTkBT
MTKLogger
MTKThermalManager
YGPS

Thanks in advance.

Or can you provide me the link to download KitKat rom

Last edited:
Reactions: MillionSwords

kanishka singh

Jun 29, 2013
Lucknow
Procedure:

15. Now wait again.

Read back complete.;)

i am facing some problem with preloader.....please guide me through.........

Last edited:

Sudeep Duhoon

Oct 23, 2012
Delhi
i am facing some problem with preloader.....please guide me through.........

What problem? Explain a bit.

Hi,

Can you confirm if the rom is 4.4.2.
If it is 4.4.2 ROM, then can you please extract and provide the mtk specific apks from /system/app,
ie;
EngineerMode,
EngineerCode
EngineerModeSIM
Mkt_boot
MTKAndroidSuiteDeamon
MTkBT
MTKLogger
MTKThermalManager
YGPS

Thanks in advance.

Or can you provide me the link to download KitKat rom

Here is the stock rom. Yes it is kitkat.

http://support.moulnisky.com/index.php?dir=Micromax/

Procedure:
If not working try these too PDAnet_4150.rar.........................Once done, you will get your sp flashable backup in MTK Driod Tools/backup.
Read back complete.;)
Now follow this guide to root your Unite 2.[/
What do you mean by green circle? I can't see except that stop button, which is already green.
A pop up will come when it will finish. On center of the sp flash tools.

anyone using win 7 pro 64 bit : able to install vcom drivers & successfully rooted unite 2 (i am unable to readback using sp flash tools...getting error as "USBSetting::SearchUSBPortPool(): Scaning USB port failed!(..\QT_FlashTool_Refactor\Conn\USBSetting.cpp,195)" in QT_FLASH_TOOL.log and error "IsValidCOMPort(): Instance ID(USB\VID_8086&PID_0189\6&1279F1F3&0&5) (FlashToolLib/host/windows/com_enum.cpp:942)" in BROM_DLL_V5.log while read back, i am not sure if it is driver issue as preloader driver gets successfully installed
Try using usb deview to uninstall and reinstall the drivers or try changing the com port from sp flash tools itself or try any other pc.

saikiransama

Feb 23, 2013
Hyderabad
goodinblogging.blogspot.in
Procedure:

15. Now wait again.

Read back complete.;)
I cannot do this.. there is an error after 13% of the process completion.. Asking me to Press CTRL+ALT+T, What should i do.. is this step necessary to do if i only want to Root this phone and Perform Data REpartition.. Please Help me iam new to this Process

22sumit

Mar 1, 2014
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Scaning USB port failed!

Hi OP, plz help me out
M not able to readback following only this guide, getting the below error in logs:

"07/12/2014 19:40:39.305 FlashTool[8032][5132][D]: APCore::ConnMediaUSB::preConnect(): Scanning USB port...(..\QT_FlashTool_Refactor\Conn\ConnMedia.cpp,53)
07/12/2014 19:40:59.801 FlashTool[8032][8372][D]: FileUtils::CheckDirectory(): FileUtils::CheckDirectory(): the dir(C:\ProgramData\SP_FT_Logs) already exists.(..\QT_FlashTool_Refactor\Utility\FileUtils.cpp,44)
07/12/2014 19:41:09.407 FlashTool[8032][5132][D]: USBSetting::SearchUSBPortPool(): Scaning USB port failed!(..\QT_FlashTool_Refactor\Conn\USBSetting.cpp,195)"

can U plz let me know what possibly can be the reason for this error?

gauravbirla

Jul 16, 2014
New Delhi
MTK droid tools 253 is not identifying the UNite 2 8GB model. What went wrong?

SOLVED - HAD TO WAIT FOR AROUND A MINUTE FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Last edited:

akash.gpta

Oct 19, 2010
Kanpur
Problem with 8GB version

When I connect my phone to the computer, the preloader driver is installed and there's the typical connection sound in windows. But just after that it gets disconnected in like 1-2 secs. I am unable to use MTK Flash Tool because of it.

I have a 8GB rom version of unite 2. Anybody else having the same problem?? Any solutions???

PS: My phone is perfectly getting detected by adb in developer mode.

Niraj251

Account currently disabled
May 26, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Rooted succesfully with u r method

Followed u r all step for Readback and Rooting Got success thanks for u r hard work
I have 4 Gb Version :good: :cowboy:

Sudeep Duhoon

Oct 23, 2012
Delhi
wat will be the approx size of the read back file ?

512kb or 512b, i don't remember if that was in kb or b.

When I connect my phone to the computer, the preloader driver is installed and there's the typical connection sound in windows. But just after that it gets disconnected in like 1-2 secs. I am unable to use MTK Flash Tool because of it.

I have a 8GB rom version of unite 2. Anybody else having the same problem?? Any solutions???

PS: My phone is perfectly getting detected by adb in developer mode.

Click download and then connect the phone, it will not get removed.

Followed u r all step for Readback and Rooting Got success thanks for u r hard work
I have 4 Gb Version :good: :cowboy:

Press thanx, don't say it. :)

Reactions: Niraj251

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Procedure:

15. Now wait again.

Read back complete.;)
    when connectiong phone change the option to usb storage to media device and enable usb debugging and connect the phone and open mtk droid tool now u r phone will be detected
    Procedure:
    1. Download and install MTK VCOM drivers.

2. Open SP flash tools and go to read back tab. (alternative download link of sp flash tools)

3. Click 'Add' and tap on added read back entry.

4. Select any path to save file and click ok, write 0x3E180000 in length and click ok.

5. Click on read back and connect phone without battery. Wait till it completes.

6. Once you see a green circle, close sp flash tools and switch on the phone.

7. When the phone is on, connect it to pc. See if any notification of 'usb debugging' comes in phone, if not, go to settings->about phone->and tap build number 7 times to enable debugging options.

8. Go back and enter developers options(in settings), and check usb debugging on.

9. Now run mtk driod tools and it will detect phone. (alternative download link of mtk droid tools)

10. In mtk droid tools, click 'root, backup and recovery' tab.

11. Click 'To process file ROM_ from Flash Tool.

12. Locate the file you got from read back.

13. Say no to make CWM recovery automatically and cancel to choose a recovery for similar phone.

14. Now wait again.

Read back complete.;)

1) we have to load scatter file first right?
    2) how huch time it takes to readback?
    Green circle

Zao, it worked for me after putting in the battery. The flash_tools hanged for a minute then automatically started backing up.

Regards,
    Abhishek
    after step 6 nothing happening no progress :(

You've to wait for 15 minutes or more. It copies almost 1gb data. So just wait. If you want to see the progress use the old sp flash tool.