Contact photos don't show up on GOSMS after ICS update

Search This thread

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Not sure what ICS did, but my contact photos are a no-show on GoSms. The photos aren't actually save to the phone, they are pulled from each contact's facebook acount via facebook sync. It will show contact photos from contacts that have photos saved on the phone, but not for the contacts that rely on the facebook images. No issues in the actual people app, or the stock messager, just on GoSMS. Anyone else having issues? Possible fix? I tried uninstalling and re-installing it, no dice.

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Handcent too. Havent figured out why and can't suggest anything at this point cause nothing I've tried has worked

Edit: Guess it's just not showing facebook contact photos. Google contact photos are showing up. Stock messaging shows all pics though...hmm. still looking..

Last edited:

Camste85

Mar 31, 2012
Help! Same Issue!

I did a software update and my photos under my phonebook are updated from facebook but my handcent sms photos are not showing up at all anymore. I tried downloading GoSMS and the same error. Anyone have a solution to this? I miss seeing the pictures when I text people!

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Cool. I'm actually four the problem. On Gingerbread, the vivid had its own unique facebook app, "facebook for htc sense ", but on ics, it useful the standard facebook app, and apparently the Facebook app doesn't let 3rd party apps have access to contacts. Why? Because Zuckerberg sucks probably. But anyway I fired the issue by deleting my accounts info on the Facebook app and installing friendcaster pro. I have friendcaster are so it was no big deal. The drawback is I can no longer use my cool friendstream widget.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using XDA

Camste85

Mar 31, 2012
What are those? I don't know what either of those are, do you mind explaining to me how those would fix my issue with handcent contact pictures not showing up?

megatronisabeast

Apr 16, 2011
What are those? I don't know what either of those are, do you mind explaining to me how those would fix my issue with handcent contact pictures not showing up?

Friendcaster has the ability to take photos from your Facebook and put them on your phone. I think that is what he was trying to say.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

Camste85

Mar 31, 2012
So the friendcaster is just an alternate to facebook. The issue I am having is that the facebook pictures show up in the phonebook but in handcent sms since I've updated they don't show at all . I was wondering if there was a way to fix THAT issue :) Thanks in advance

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Yes using friendcaster instead will fix that issue. For me same issue, facebook pictures show in phonebook, not in gosms. Delete your Facebook account information and install friendcaster, log in and after sense links all your contacts you'll be good

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
It is crap. I had the paid version of friendcaster already from using cyanogenmod on my captivate. The facebook app wouldn't sync photos at all on it and even my phonebook had no photos so from googleing i found friendcaster fixes the problem. The free version gets the job done but the paid version removes ads so I went ahead and paid for it.

plaster

Nov 11, 2007
Houston
I was having this problem even with HTC's contact widget. I wiped my facebook app data, then used titanium backup to uninstall the app. I reinstalled the app via google play and synced all contacts and the problem was fixed.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

dking2011

Apr 19, 2012
I can confirm that having both Facebook and Friendcaster accounts didn't show contact pictures, but removing the Facebook account entirely fixed the issue in a minute or two. Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: artisticsoul79

a40dayflud818

Nov 19, 2010
Has anyone tried HaxSync? I use it but I don't use GoSMS.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium

artisticsoul79

Nov 22, 2010
Dallas
That was brilliant!! I took off the Facebook account, kept Friendcaster and boom! My contact pictures are back in GoSMS... Thank you so much for the help and a great thread!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes using friendcaster instead will fix that issue. For me same issue, facebook pictures show in phonebook, not in gosms. Delete your Facebook account information and install friendcaster, log in and after sense links all your contacts you'll be good

I can confirm that having both Facebook and Friendcaster accounts didn't show contact pictures, but removing the Facebook account entirely fixed the issue in a minute or two. Thanks for the advice!
    I have confirmed that that using friend caster does work to get the contact pics on go sms. Thanks for making this thread. U can get the paid verision of friend caster on 4shared for free. But this is awesome lol.