HTC HD2 automatically turns on when battery is inserted

Search This thread

DAZZA35

Aug 14, 2010
Hi,I have a problem with my HTC hd2 which is when I insert the battery the phone boot up without me even pressing the on button.So was just wondering is there anyone that knows a fix for this problem I'm facing?thanx

Last edited:

adone.h

Dec 26, 2009
Sorry but your problem is strange for me, I suggest you to reset all the phone starting with the task29 to erase the internal rom.

Reactions: DAZZA35

htccraze

Oct 20, 2010
Hiding from under the bed
Make a backup of anything you want first then i would start with just a fresh download and install of the ROM your using. If that don't work then I would suggest what adone.h has said to try. Don't forget to wipe data, cache, and delvic if using Android.

DAZZA35

Aug 14, 2010
Ok thanx for that adobe.h and htccraze:), I will give then both a try and keep u posted on what happens.thanx

DAZZA35

Aug 14, 2010
OK mengfei,but when i flash a new android rom the nand way and its all booted up and everything,then i press the power button i dont get the screen so the turn the phone off or restart it.Any answers?

sphp

Mar 5, 2012
Eject battery, let it out for some minutes.

Reset the OS.

If these things above won't work, you have to install a new OS (maybe bootloader has some problems, too). I had this problem, too. Got rid of it by removing the battery for a longer time. Now everything is fine.

mario_net

Apr 24, 2012
it's a weird phenomenom
i got the same problem when i firstly got the HD2
but it automatically disappeared last month after i flash several wp7 roms

CR5N

Jul 15, 2010
It is a hardware problem in the digitiser/cable/button area.

My touch screen failed, when I got the repaired phone, I had the same symptoms - battery in phone on. Also pressing just the volume down button would boot into the tri-colour screen. This happened with windows or android flashed into nand.

Odd thing was that running the key test function in magldr seemed to work and the power button operated normally as far I could tell when powered up into windows or android.

I sent the phone back for repair again and got a refurb replacement.

DAZZA35

Aug 14, 2010
I have tried to flash a windows 7 Rom to cure the problem mario_net,but when I trying to flash the Rom it just keeps coming up error near the end of the flashing process.Have u any answers people?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry but your problem is strange for me, I suggest you to reset all the phone starting with the task29 to erase the internal rom.
    Make a backup of anything you want first then i would start with just a fresh download and install of the ROM your using. If that don't work then I would suggest what adone.h has said to try. Don't forget to wipe data, cache, and delvic if using Android.
    hmmmm i thought it was common for HD2 to do that or is it only during those HSPL/ radio update this would happen. :rolleyes:
    Eject battery, let it out for some minutes.

Reset the OS.

If these things above won't work, you have to install a new OS (maybe bootloader has some problems, too). I had this problem, too. Got rid of it by removing the battery for a longer time. Now everything is fine.
    it's a weird phenomenom
    i got the same problem when i firstly got the HD2
    but it automatically disappeared last month after i flash several wp7 roms