[Q] Note 2 Overheating Problem

Search This thread

berkayca78

Dec 24, 2011
Hello XDA,
I have just bought Galaxy Note 2 (using the stock rom 4.1.2), on second day of use I have installed "Need for Speed Most Wanted". After playing about 15 minutes the upper part of Note 2 (around of the camera) started to heat up then I have stopped the app so on that it have returned to normal heat. I am so confused, do you suggest me to bring it back to store? or it is normal? have you ever had overheating on your Note 2 before? :confused:
(The mobile data was on, I was not running any apps on background, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi was off, brightness was full)

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

gabamoner

Nov 29, 2012
baguio city
When im playing nfs ..I also experience this one.. I guess it is normal..as long as the heat is tolerable and not too much

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: berkayca78

zeeshanonlyme

Dec 1, 2010
Kolkata
Hello XDA,
I have just bought Galaxy Note 2 (using the stock rom 4.1.2), on second day of use I have bought and installed "Need for Speed Most Wanted". After playing about 15 minutes the upper part of Note 2 (around of the camera) started to heat up then I have stopped the app so on that it have returned to normal heat. I am terrified, would you suggest me to bring it back to store? or it is normal? have you ever had overheating on your Note 2 before? :confused:
(The mobile data was on, I was not running any apps on background, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi was off, brightness was full)

Thats where the exynos processor is!
It's a quad core'd beast phone without any external fans to cool off the heat. It would naturally get hot when playing GPU intensive games such as NFS.

In short its normal for it to get heated that much and all should be well.

Cheers! :D

gabamoner

Nov 29, 2012
baguio city
And also lower your brightness.. it eats alot of battery considering nfs is also a power hog.. they will make your phone really hot

zkyevolved

Apr 17, 2008
Yeah don't worry about it. Phones ALWAYS get warm when doing processor intensive things. The problem is that phones are getting thinner and thinner, and that means less and less room for the components to breathe! While it's fine and dandy that it's getting warm, it should never get too hot to handle. Otherwise, it's OK :).

Loosieus

Jan 7, 2013
similar overheating problem

hey guys, i have a similar heating problem with my note 2 but it occurred after i rooted my phone with the toolkit. the overheating happens while just using the internet browser. has anyone had this problem after root?

thanks in advance.

XeroHertZ

Dec 3, 2004
Bahrain
I experienced the same last night when I played it from the external SD Card, not sure if it was the same when it was in the local sd..

abdo9119

Jan 15, 2013
Hello XDA,
I have just bought Galaxy Note 2 (using the stock rom 4.1.2), on second day of use I have installed "Need for Speed Most Wanted". After playing about 15 minutes the upper part of Note 2 (around of the camera) started to heat up then I have stopped the app so on that it have returned to normal heat. I am so confused, do you suggest me to bring it back to store? or it is normal? have you ever had overheating on your Note 2 before? :confused:

I have the same issue but the screen also (upper part of it) became hot, any body face this issue?

gabamoner

Nov 29, 2012
baguio city
How hot is it.. because normally it will feel hot when playing games... try to imagine that a powerful 1.6 quad core is insertet inside a smartphone with no ventilation..

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
Yea I can confirm the same thing while playing Modern Combat 4...not 5 minutes into the game and the heat starts to pick up.

Sent from the Rabbit Hole

Ookami999

Jan 17, 2013
I experience heating also while playing games like NFS, Osmos HD etc. I monitored the cpu temperature and I encountered temps from 55-60C so far. In stress tests I see around 75-80C. I think is kinda hot.

amgreenhawk

Jan 8, 2011
Is the upper top half of the screen became hot also?

No, only the hind part around the camera lens. The front and/or upper (or even whole) part around the screen is normal. Surprisingly other 3D intensive games like Beach Buggy Blitz and Blood and Glory do not get that hot like when playing with Where is Perry? game, which is a 2D game, but I guess it is more CPU intensive.

adytum

Jul 1, 2011
These are not problems, the heat has to go somewhere. The cpu operates safely even at temperatures above 80.

If your phone suddenly gets hot for no reason, your cpu is spiking probably because an app didn't release its lock on a high cpu frequency. Kill the rogue app.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Ookami999

Ookami999

Jan 17, 2013
These are not problems, the heat has to go somewhere. The cpu operates safely even at temperatures above 80.

If your phone suddenly gets hot for no reason, your cpu is spiking probably because an app didn't release its lock on a high cpu frequency. Kill the rogue app.

Do you have a source for showing the ideal temps for the cpu chip? I must confirm that 65C is normal under heavy load.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When im playing nfs ..I also experience this one.. I guess it is normal..as long as the heat is tolerable and not too much

Hello XDA,
    I have just bought Galaxy Note 2 (using the stock rom 4.1.2), on second day of use I have bought and installed "Need for Speed Most Wanted". After playing about 15 minutes the upper part of Note 2 (around of the camera) started to heat up then I have stopped the app so on that it have returned to normal heat. I am terrified, would you suggest me to bring it back to store? or it is normal? have you ever had overheating on your Note 2 before? :confused:

Thats where the exynos processor is!
    It's a quad core'd beast phone without any external fans to cool off the heat. It would naturally get hot when playing GPU intensive games such as NFS.

In short its normal for it to get heated that much and all should be well.

Cheers! :D
    And also lower your brightness.. it eats alot of battery considering nfs is also a power hog.. they will make your phone really hot

Does your upper half of the screen became hot also when you play NFS?

Yes. And the back around camera also. This is where CPU is located.