kit kat update GT3_8.0

Search This thread

new-noob

Jan 2, 2012
here
Hi All,

Tab 3 8.0 is on list for the KitKat update "starting in February and upcoming months" so at the end of march I am wondering if any of you can confirm if updates are rolling ?

my device is rooted and "software updates are not available" for my device but will consider going back to stock if KitKat is available.

please let me / us know if KK updates are really available :)

cheers

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
Hi All,

Tab 3 8.0 is on list for the KitKat update "starting in February and upcoming months" so at the end of march I am wondering if any of you can confirm if updates are rolling ?

my device is rooted and "software updates are not available" for my device but will consider going back to stock if KitKat is available.

please let me / us know if KK updates are really available :)

cheers
I have the T315... Still at 4.2.2 with No upate as of right now.

Reactions: new-noob

new-noob

Jan 2, 2012
here
I think what usually happens is the source code is posted by Samsung before an OTA update is rolled out.

Might be worth checking here every so often - http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=search&searchValue=SM-T315

You can change the end value to T310 & T311 to check those models as well.

thanks Gilly10 for the link :) good to know this, no need to flash back stock image before pulling update, just flash this .zip file with odin . . .nice

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
thanks Gilly10 for the link :) good to know this, no need to flash back stock image before pulling update, just flash this .zip file with odin . . .nice

Hmm... Not sure you can flash those source zips if that's what your referring to? Never actually downloaded one off there before though.

I was just pointing out that usually Samsung uploads something on there beforehand & then an OTA update on the device follows sometime after that. ;)

new-noob

Jan 2, 2012
here
Hmm... Not sure you can flash those source zips if that's what your referring to? Never actually downloaded one off there before though.

I was just pointing out that usually Samsung uploads something on there beforehand & then an OTA update on the device follows sometime after that. ;)

ah, U right, haven't checked zip weight before, looks like 180MB and the image was 1.2GB so there was enthusiasm aaaaands its gone now :)
but thanks for links anyway...

Top Liked Posts