Benchmarks

Search This thread

ncguy68

Dec 18, 2011
North Carolina
I know benchmarks mean very little in real world use, but I am curious why I get such a huge difference on Quadrant. On the stock LG ROM I get just over 11000 and using any of the custom ROM's (Slimkat, Mahdi) I get just over 7000. Seems like a big difference compared to the stock LG ROM.

RaiderWill

Jul 11, 2011
NEW ROMULUS
I know benchmarks mean very little in real world use, but I am curious why I get such a huge difference on Quadrant. On the stock LG ROM I get just over 11000 and using any of the custom ROM's (Slimkat, Mahdi) I get just over 7000. Seems like a big difference compared to the stock LG ROM.

Why even try to figure out the "Why's".... :cool:
Your test bear out that your tablet performs best when left stock.. so, if you need maximum performance leave it stock or stock rooted.
If you are not comfortable with the LG skin overlay or prefer the options you get with custom ROM's, go / stay with a custom..
If you are generally happy with the tablet, I would just pick the platform that you are most comfortable with. :cool:

Reactions: ncguy68

ncguy68

Dec 18, 2011
North Carolina
Personally I think the custom rom (Slimkat) performs better than stock… which is why I was so surprised to see the opposite in the benchmarks. I've never seen a big difference on any of my other tablets.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda premium

Reactions: RaiderWill

vimesUK

Aug 18, 2007
Nr Manchester
Personally I think the custom rom (Slimkat) performs better than stock… which is why I was so surprised to see the opposite in the benchmarks. I've never seen a big difference on any of my other tablets.

Yeah I know what you mean. I would have thought that the LG comparative "bloat" would have hampered the tablet and thus adversely affected its performance. However, with certain caveats applied when noting benchmarks, it seems that the stock ROM hold up quite well and could be even better when using the modified and overclocked kernel.
With my other tablets and phones I would have expected both performance and features to be measurably better when using a custom ROM over that of stock.

I have gone back to stock for now with the overclocked and gamma improved kernel. I am rooted and use a different launcher and icon set.

In what way do you think that Slimkat performs better than stock....?

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You

I'm going to guess that LG have included some version of the Qualcom Dalvik and Bionic files that were floating around.
I used them for ages after flashing Infecteds CM11 and they push the scores around or even a bit higher than the stock rom.
I'm running infecteds SlimKat now and the Qualcom patches don't work any more (they cause bootloops)
But other than bench scores I've not really been able to tell the difference between patched and unpatched.
If you do try the patches on a cm11 based rom, only use the dalvik as the Bionic doesn't work anymore.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: ncguy68

ncguy68

Dec 18, 2011
North Carolina
Yeah I know what you mean. I would have thought that the LG comparative "bloat" would have hampered the tablet and thus adversely affected its performance. However, with certain caveats applied when noting benchmarks, it seems that the stock ROM hold up quite well and could be even better when using the modified and overclocked kernel.
With my other tablets and phones I would have expected both performance and features to be measurably better when using a custom ROM over that of stock.

I have gone back to stock for now with the overclocked and gamma improved kernel. I am rooted and use a different launcher and icon set.

In what way do you think that Slimkat performs better than stock....?

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have Slimkat on my two Nexus tablets and I like all my tablets to be setup the same so when I switch between them I don't have to search for settings that are different.

With Slimkat It's the features more than performance… I like Slimkats customized navigation bar and the dark theme. I do not like LG's decision to replace the recents key with a menu key. I tried Gravity Box, but I could not change the menu key. When switching between tablets its awkward when the soft keys are not the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

vimesUK

Aug 18, 2007
Nr Manchester
I have Slimkat on my two Nexus tablets and I like all my tablets to be setup the same so when I switch between them I don't have to search for settings that are different.

With Slimkat It's the features more than performance… I like Slimkats customized navigation bar and the dark theme. I do not like LG's decision to replace the recents key with a menu key. I tried Gravity Box, but I could not change the menu key. When switching between tablets its awkward when the soft keys are not the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

...ah it is features, options and customisation. You noted performance in what I quoted and that is why I asked :)

Yeah it is nice to have a degree of consistency across your devices. With Slimkat on my Nexus 7, Nexus 5, and it was on the LG, it at least meant a common methodology to apply settings etc.
My Wife did use SlimKat on her Moto G but it was never as stable as Stock for her.
The recent key with the Stock build is a strange choice for sure and typically ends up annoying me enough to think about changing from Stock again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Why even try to figure out the "Why's".... :cool:
    Your test bear out that your tablet performs best when left stock.. so, if you need maximum performance leave it stock or stock rooted.
    If you are not comfortable with the LG skin overlay or prefer the options you get with custom ROM's, go / stay with a custom..
    If you are generally happy with the tablet, I would just pick the platform that you are most comfortable with. :cool:

I'm going to guess that LG have included some version of the Qualcom Dalvik and Bionic files that were floating around.
    I used them for ages after flashing Infecteds CM11 and they push the scores around or even a bit higher than the stock rom.
    I'm running infecteds SlimKat now and the Qualcom patches don't work any more (they cause bootloops)
    But other than bench scores I've not really been able to tell the difference between patched and unpatched.
    If you do try the patches on a cm11 based rom, only use the dalvik as the Bionic doesn't work anymore.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium HD app