[Q] CM 10.2, Can't Connect to Verizon Network

Search This thread

killerroomba

Jul 15, 2014
I have had nothing but pain and suffering since deciding to install CM 10.2 last night. I installed the latest stable version of CM 10.2.2 as well as the google apps pack and after several wipes (system, cache, data), it finally worked. The issue that I am not having is that it wont connect to the Verizon network.

I think the issue may be that in Mobile Network Settings>CDMA Subscription it is set to NV, and won't let me switch to RUIM/SIM. Another clue is that in the About Phone section, Baseband version is UNKNOWN. Any ideas?

EDIT: Ok, I updated to the latest CM version via the CM update process on the phone. looks like i am now on CM11 and i have network connectivity, though it is 1 bar of 3G. And now the google play store keeps throwing errors so i have to uninstall it.

I thought CM was a polished ROM that I could just install and go. I am now considering going with something else since I still cant get it working right.

Last edited:

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
I have had nothing but pain and suffering since deciding to install CM 10.2 last night. I installed the latest stable version of CM 10.2.2 as well as the google apps pack and after several wipes (system, cache, data), it finally worked. The issue that I am not having is that it wont connect to the Verizon network.

I think the issue may be that in Mobile Network Settings>CDMA Subscription it is set to NV, and won't let me switch to RUIM/SIM. Another clue is that in the About Phone section, Baseband version is UNKNOWN. Any ideas?

EDIT: Ok, I updated to the latest CM version via the CM update process on the phone. looks like i am now on CM11 and i have network connectivity, though it is 1 bar of 3G. And now the google play store keeps throwing errors so i have to uninstall it.

I thought CM was a polished ROM that I could just install and go. I am now considering going with something else since I still cant get it working right.

You definitely want to be using CM 11! 10.2 is ancient at this point.

As for your problems. First, Sense based ROMs apparently show more bars for the same signal strength. To know if it is actually worse, you need to compare the numeric (db) signal strength. Second, did you also flash a kk gapps package?

I would recommend downloading the latest gapps-kk-* from http://goo.im/gapps and then in recovery do:

* factory reset
* format /system
* install cm 11 version of your choice (latest nightly or M8)
* install gapps

And see if that makes your life a little better.

Reactions: killerroomba

killerroomba

Jul 15, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to respond. The reason i went with 10.2 is it was the latest "stable" version on CM's website. I wasn't sure what "snapshot" meant so i didnt do any of those. Then i eventually did download and flash the kk gapps but was still having issues.

I am following your steps above to start fresh again, though I was still having issue with the radio before though, so we will see if this helps.

killerroomba

Jul 15, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to respond. The reason i went with 10.2 is it was the latest "stable" version on CM's website. I wasn't sure what "snapshot" meant so i didnt do any of those. Then i eventually did download and flash the kk gapps but was still having issues.

I am following your steps above to start fresh again, though I was still having issue with the radio before though, so we will see if this helps.

Well, everything seemed to install ok and phone booted fine but I have no mobile network. I do have data if i monkey around with the Preferred Network Type setting, but regardless, when i try to make a phone call, it says there is no mobile network. does anyone have the recommended settings for verizon?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You definitely want to be using CM 11! 10.2 is ancient at this point.

As for your problems. First, Sense based ROMs apparently show more bars for the same signal strength. To know if it is actually worse, you need to compare the numeric (db) signal strength. Second, did you also flash a kk gapps package?

I would recommend downloading the latest gapps-kk-* from http://goo.im/gapps and then in recovery do:

* factory reset
    * format /system
    * install cm 11 version of your choice (latest nightly or M8)
    * install gapps

And see if that makes your life a little better.