MalaTouch is a windows mobile counter for prayer beads

features:

touch screen to count beads
resets at 108 beads
vibration feedback
saves count when app is exited or device is turned off
tilt effect
non touch screen controls

Touch the top of the screen to get to the exit menu.
for non touch screen devices, press enter to increase count, press up button to exit
Requires a device with opengl es support.

For good karma please consider making a donation for my time and effort.
Every little bit helps and encourages me to create more content.

Please visit my website flyingmonkeypuke.com/mala

Screen01.gif

--only tested on a HTC touch pro--

Last edited:

NathanBaron

Apr 1, 2009
Awesome App

I was the one who originally requested this app and I am just so happy that this kind man actually made it!

Not that I am complaining, but there is one small omision that might help make it a little more useable. A "reset counter" button in the main menu might be a good idea, some people switch mantras or prayers everyonce in a while. Many practices in buddhism will have you doing a certain number of mantra recitations and then your done and start another practice.

Not a biggy at all. I am so impressed that this got written in the first place.

Om mani padme hum. ;)

n

sumedh_vsk

Aug 3, 2009
lol...the effort you put in is appreciated...i never really expected an app for this purpose:).... its great work...:D

sumedh_vsk

Aug 3, 2009
I was the one who originally requested this app and I am just so happy that this kind man actually made it!

Not that I am complaining, but there is one small omision that might help make it a little more useable. A "reset counter" button in the main menu might be a good idea, some people switch mantras or prayers everyonce in a while. Many practices in buddhism will have you doing a certain number of mantra recitations and then your done and start another practice.

Not a biggy at all. I am so impressed that this got written in the first place.

Om mani padme hum. ;)

n

so you are the one behind all this....:D.... seems like your prayers have been answered..:D:D:D thats it..its time use this app and get my prayers answered too......:D:D:D:D:D:D

srespiral

Sep 19, 2008
Barcelona
Hi, I love the concept but when I try to launch the app I receive a trusted certificate problem.... any idea ?¿ I've installed last sdkcerts and it's tha only app giving me error....

Thanks a lot!!! Karma, karma!!! :)

noixdarec

Oct 18, 2009
Paris
Necrotek, thank you so much for this great app, I have not even imaged that there will be someone willing to make this kind of thing... I was in researching of kind of counter and this one meets perfectly my need! I'll definitely make a donation!!!

Report: runs very well on my HD2 with Energy ROM, only the texts in the app are a bit blurred

May I suggest something for your further dev and please continue this project!!

1. Please make it MULTI that allows us to count different mantras; each one namable by user, and of course let the app remember theme after closed. We need it badly please

2. Allows user to adjust the count results to any numbers

3. If you could make it SKINNABLE for the background & beans than this will be wonderful. Ex. I'm a buddhist and my sister is catholic, so I can make a skin for her rosary. (If it is done I'll contribute on it as I'm a web designer.

Wish all the fortune and dharma be with you!!!

---sorry for my English---

Last edited:

srespiral

Sep 19, 2008
Barcelona
....still same error......(......I receive error when I choose YES to make soft reset in BsB.....problem with DLL PInvoke 'HtcUtil'......I'm going to test some ideas....)
I make soft reset manually but same problem with Mala touch.

Thanks!!