Kingston 128GB SDXC class 10 for HTC DX

Search This thread

energeiakos

Apr 1, 2010
Athens, Greece
My current SD is SanDisk 32GB, but I want more capacity. I am wondering if I can use Kingston 128GB SDXC class 10 to my HTC Desire X. If so, it will be easy, or I will be able to use it with many problems (for example very slow speed)?

32sqWgD-2fTx4RchZjQ7p8DQ-3d-3d_BigProductImage.jpg

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
My current SD is SanDisk 32GB, but I want more capacity. I am wondering if I can use Kingston 128GB SDXC class 10 to my HTC Desire X. If so, it will be easy, or I will be able to use it with many problems (for example very slow speed)?

32sqWgD-2fTx4RchZjQ7p8DQ-3d-3d_BigProductImage.jpg

I don't know and I can't imagine someone has tried yet. But you can try as sdxc 64 GB is reported to work fine for at least one user here (I have a 32 GB, so can't say really).

dansou901

Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
That the card won't be recognized / that not all of available memory will be recognized. But if you try, please report back if it worked. I'm curious as well because my 32 GB are definitely not enough.

Scratch that... As far as I know, there aren't any 128 GB micro sd card available until now. What you posted there is SDXC size which won't fit in our device, so the biggest you can get which is reported to work is 64 GB micro sdxc.

Will_Xda

Sep 29, 2012
Leicester
www.youtube.com
Scratch that... As far as I know, there aren't any 128 GB micro sd card available until now.
Yep They are I've seen a few out but the prices are way off the scale going over the £100 mark

What you posted there is SDXC size which won't fit in our device.
Exactly the one in the Image is like the ones that fit into camera's and Video recorders, Nintendo Wii's etc.

so the biggest you can get which is reported to work is 64 GB micro sdxc.
I've had 64gb and it worked in my DesireX without issues so it's definitely confirmed.

Ultimately though it's a waste of time and money, when that SDcard becomes damaged then thats 128gb of data down the drain. If Op wants extra space then get a 32gb micro sdcard (about £15 for official Sandisk) and get an OTG cable for about a £1 and connect you're USB hard drive up and use that.

Mr.Jay

Aug 7, 2012
What are you talking about? Note 3 doesn't have sd?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium

Yes, yes, you are right, Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 have sd... But what about Nexus 5, Moto g, Moto x, Sony Xperia Z/Z1/ZU, HTC One...? ;)

HTC Desire X || Android 4.1.2 || mySENSEdx5 RC4.0

energeiakos

Apr 1, 2010
Athens, Greece
Yes, yes, you are right, Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 have sd... But what about Nexus 5, Moto g, Moto x, Sony Xperia Z/Z1/ZU, HTC One...? ;)

Don't give your attention in anything else than Samsung. All the companies, including HTC, Nokia, Sony, Apple etc, are far away from Samsung. I will take Note 3 in the next 1-2 months. I have had HTC the last 5 years, but it is time to change.

When I am talking about "good phone", I mean s4 or s5 or Note 3 or Note 4.

Mr.Jay

Aug 7, 2012
Don't give your attention in anything else than Samsung. All the companies, including HTC, Nokia, Sony, Apple etc, are far away from Samsung. I will take Note 3 in the next 1-2 months. I have had HTC the last 5 years, but it is time to change.

When I am talking about "good phone", I mean s4 or s5 or Note 3 or Note 4.

Personally, I don't like Samsung or LG devices, but its my opinion

Mr.Jay

Aug 7, 2012
And what is the reason? Why you don't like these companies? Me too about LG, but Samsung?

I don't like touchwiz, but I know that there are a lot of aosp based custom roms like omni, cm, pa or pacman. Another reason its that they only give support to the most expensive devices (like htc, I know), that's because I'm going to buy the nexus 5 at the end of February

dansou901

Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
Btw, to update this... SanDisk released the first 128 GB microSD card just now on the MWC in Barcelona, it's on the market now in the USA for 199 $.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Touchwiz Ui is Uglier then Sloth from the Goonies, HTC's sense Ui is about the only decent going for it at the moment. And this is Mega OT and will probably get closed once a mod sees this discussion