Scrollable Widgets for ADW, LauncherPro, Zeam, GO, etc.

Search This thread

AquaeAtrae

Nov 8, 2006
Denver, CO
www.darkwaters.org
Scrolling widgets make great use of the limited space on our mobile displays. Now, more launchers and even Google's Android OS 3.0 seem to be swiping widgets up and down. Searching the forum and market, it was remarkably difficult to find a scrollable widget with the features I wanted. So I figured it might help to start a collection with those I've we've found. ツ

Compatible Home Screen Launchers
  • ADW Launcher free/$$ link
  • Crazy Home free/$$ link
  • dxTop free/$$ link
  • GO Launcher free link
  • HeLauncher free link
  • Home++ free link
  • LauncherPro free/$$ link
  • Open Home free/$$ link
  • Zeam Launcher free link [support discontinued]

Note: While some of these may not provide exactly the size we'd want, most of these launchers let you manually adjust the size to your liking. Combined with Font Size or LCD Density Changer, you can really fit a lot into a tiny space (both $$ and require root).

I'll include links, barcodes, screen caps, and some helpful details. I'd ask others to do the same where possible. Hopefully, we'll see more development around this.

Developers Resources

Android Agenda Widget
by Everybody all the time
Highly customizable widget with themes. Displays multiple calendars and task lists. Multiple instances, each with its own content and settings.
screen.jpg
screen1.jpg

AppBrain Market link free/$$
chart

AtomaRSS Scrollable NewsWidget
by Nodes
screen2.jpg
screen3.jpg

AppBrain Market link free
chart

Call Log Widget - Scrollable
by Fred Tarasevicius
screen4.jpg
screen5.jpg

AppBrain Market link $$
chart

Call Log Widget Free
by Fred Tarasevicius
screen6.jpg
screen7.jpg

chart

Colorize Widget
by SnowBEE
Provides separate themed widgets for displaying your agenda, bookmarks, contacts, message, facebook, and twitter feeds. Include basic thumbnail support making Facebook feeds quite usable.
screen8.jpg
screen9.jpg

chart

Due Today
by Lakeridge Software
screenid5750404356412928215i1.png
screenid5750404356412928215i2.jpg

AppBrain Market link free / $$
chart

EMail Widget
by invalidobject.com
screen10.jpg
screen11.jpg

AppBrain Market link $$
chart

Facez
by Big Widgets
screen12.jpg
screen13.jpg

chart

Flick Note
by Teragadgets
screenid8725313045102460463i1.jpg
screenid8725313045102460463i2.jpg

chart

Folder Organizer lite
by Fabio Collini
screen14.jpg
screen15.jpg

chart

Launch-X
by YuviDroid
screenid172614551666234295i1.jpg
screenid172614551666234295i2.jpg

chart

people widget
by mjdev
Scroll through a contact group by photo to call, email, sms, navigate, etc. Multiple instances for different groups. Smallest size is 2x2; doesn't scale smaller unfortunately.
screen16.jpg
screen17.jpg

chart

Photo Contacts Widget
by NextWorldMobile
screen18.jpg
screen19.jpg

chart

Plume (Touiteur)
by LevelUp Studio
Excellent Twitter client including a widget that can enable a scrollable display of its feed.
screen20.jpg
screen21.jpg

chart

Pure Calendar widget (agenda)
by Francois DESLANDES
screen26.jpg
screen27.jpg

AppBrain Market link $$
chart

Pure Grid calendar widget
by Francois DESLANDES
screen24.jpg
screen25.jpg

AppBrain Market link $$
chart

Pure Messenging Widget
by Francois DESLANDES
Perhaps the only scrollable feed widget that consolidates content from Facebook, Twitter, email, sms, and call logs. Displays contact photos but no thumbnails unfortunately.
screen22.jpg
screen23.jpg

AppBrain Market link $$
chart

Pure News Widget BETA
by Francois DESLANDES
screenid2501123354373349415i2.jpg
screenid2501123354373349415i1.jpg

AppBrain Market link free (beta)
chart

Last edited:

AquaeAtrae

Nov 8, 2006
Denver, CO
www.darkwaters.org
(continues...)

Scrollable ContactWidget BETA
by Florian Sundermann
Scroll through a contact group by photo to call, email, sms, navigate, etc. Multiple instances, each with customizable display settings.
screen28.jpg
screen29.jpg

chart

Scrollable News Widget
by Gilles Dodinet
Aggregates and color-codes several RSS feeds with thumbnails.
screen30.jpg
screen31.jpg

chart

Scrollable stocks widget
by Paul Ishenin
screen32.jpg
screen33.jpg

chart

Scrollcut (Free)
Allows you to create a scrollable list of shortcuts to virtually anything (like Anycut, Bettercut, etc). You can jump to specific setting screens (e.g. Wifi, VPN, Mobile AP, Tethering), trigger application intents, or toggle settings with the tap of an icon.
screen34.jpg
screen35.jpg

chart

Small Agenda Widget
by KzumO.com
screen36.jpg
screen37.jpg

AppBrain Market link $$
chart

Sonet
by Piusvelte
screenid8862775666404087936i1.jpg
screenid8862775666404087936i2.jpg

chart

VKontakte widget (beta)
by Paul Ishenin
screenid-4579358266569989826i1.jpg
screenid-4579358266569989826i2.jpg

chart

Last edited:

Tiltpoet

Dec 16, 2007
i was just thinking about these for my homescreen...NOICE..something else to show off to the my t-mobile customers!

Vulpix

Mar 25, 2006
Singapore
I like AtomaRSS, but I wish they would change their Google Reader authentication method. The idea of putting my password to my email in an app still scares me.

dsutton1026

Dec 5, 2010
I love scrollable news widget.

If anyone misses the Galaxy S news widget this is a good replacement and you can personalize it!

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
I use the Pure Messaging Widget trying to replace the Launcher Pro's Twitter and Facebook version while running ADW.

I bought ADW EX and the Pure Messaging widget. And some reason I'm getting force closes. I also don't like Pure Messenger how it keeps launching http://touch.facebook.com every time I click a link vs the Facebook App like Launcher Pro's widget does.

I do like the fact that you can customize and add themes. I like to have my Twitter and facebook full pages and 2 separate apps. It is kind of a pain that you can't save layouts because if one freaks out you have to build it from scratch again.

The end result is nice, but is a pain to keep running and I find that it doesn't like to update when it should although I have both Twitter and Facebook to update 15min.

AquaeAtrae

Nov 8, 2006
Denver, CO
www.darkwaters.org
Not dead I hope. It wasn't easy finding these; most are poorly advertised as "scrollable", if mentioned at all. Though I do fear the collection may already represent every scrollable widget currently available. Definitely let me know if I've missed any.

I can only hope to help spread the idea, perhaps encouraging more developers to think "outside the box" and push these few even further with their own potential. Fortunately, Android development is still in its infancy and growing exponentially. If others find these as useful as I do, I'm sure the list (and our home screens) will be filling out nicely over the coming months.

PS: I spotted some helpful developer resources on the Appwidget Extensions Google Group and there's talk of starting a wiki which I think would be great. I'll add these to the OP.

Last edited:

Vulpix

Mar 25, 2006
Singapore
Not dead I hope. It wasn't easy finding these; most are poorly advertised as "scrollable", if mentioned at all. Though I do fear the collection may already represent every scrollable widget currently available. Definitely let me know if I've missed any.

I can only hope to help spread the idea, perhaps encouraging more developers to think "outside the box" and push these few even further with their own potential. Fortunately, Android development is still in its infancy and growing exponentially. If others find these as useful as I do, I'm sure the list (and our home screens) will be filling out nicely over the coming months.

PS: I spotted some helpful developer resources on the Appwidget Extensions Google Group and there's talk of starting a wiki which I think would be great. I'll add these to the OP.

Yeah it's kinda sad. :( Colorize is awesome but I want to be able to see both Facebook and Twitter entries in one widget. I just want a widget that looks like LPP's Friend and Calender ones, but no one has made anything similar. Pure Calender is just plain ugly even if it's very functional.

AquaeAtrae

Nov 8, 2006
Denver, CO
www.darkwaters.org
Colorize is awesome but I want to be able to see both Facebook and Twitter entries in one widget.

You're not alone, Vulpix. Colorize ended up being the widget that I was looking for and one I've most recommended to others (mostly because its poorly named/advertised). However, I too really wanted to see all my social networks aggregated. I emailed the developer gently requesting exactly that, along with my compliments and a small bug report. Haven't heard back yet but I'm sure they're just as busy as the rest of us. Regardless, I've got Colorize plaster across several of my screens. Still, might be worthwhile if others weighed in. ;)

Vulpix

Mar 25, 2006
Singapore
Hey AquaeAtrae, I noticed a mistake. Launch-X is an app, not a homescreen launcher. You might want to remove that, because it's more like a Folder Organizer app.

Reactions: AquaeAtrae

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (continues...)

Scrollable ContactWidget BETA
    by Florian Sundermann
    Scroll through a contact group by photo to call, email, sms, navigate, etc. Multiple instances, each with customizable display settings.
    screen28.jpg
    screen29.jpg

chart

Scrollable News Widget
    by Gilles Dodinet
    Aggregates and color-codes several RSS feeds with thumbnails.
    screen30.jpg
    screen31.jpg

chart

Scrollable stocks widget
    by Paul Ishenin
    screen32.jpg
    screen33.jpg

chart

Scrollcut (Free)
    Allows you to create a scrollable list of shortcuts to virtually anything (like Anycut, Bettercut, etc). You can jump to specific setting screens (e.g. Wifi, VPN, Mobile AP, Tethering), trigger application intents, or toggle settings with the tap of an icon.
    screen34.jpg
    screen35.jpg

chart

Small Agenda Widget
    by KzumO.com
    screen36.jpg
    screen37.jpg

AppBrain Market link $$
    chart

Sonet
    by Piusvelte
    screenid8862775666404087936i1.jpg
    screenid8862775666404087936i2.jpg

chart

VKontakte widget (beta)
    by Paul Ishenin
    screenid-4579358266569989826i1.jpg
    screenid-4579358266569989826i2.jpg

chart
    Scrolling widgets make great use of the limited space on our mobile displays. Now, more launchers and even Google's Android OS 3.0 seem to be swiping widgets up and down. Searching the forum and market, it was remarkably difficult to find a scrollable widget with the features I wanted. So I figured it might help to start a collection with those I've we've found. ツ

Compatible Home Screen Launchers
    • ADW Launcher free/$$ link
    • Crazy Home free/$$ link
    • dxTop free/$$ link
    • GO Launcher free link
    • HeLauncher free link
    • Home++ free link
    • LauncherPro free/$$ link
    • Open Home free/$$ link
    • Zeam Launcher free link [support discontinued]

Note: While some of these may not provide exactly the size we'd want, most of these launchers let you manually adjust the size to your liking. Combined with Font Size or LCD Density Changer, you can really fit a lot into a tiny space (both $$ and require root).

I'll include links, barcodes, screen caps, and some helpful details. I'd ask others to do the same where possible. Hopefully, we'll see more development around this.

Developers Resources

Android Agenda Widget
    Highly customizable widget with themes. Displays multiple calendars and task lists. Multiple instances, each with its own content and settings.
    screen.jpg
    screen1.jpg

chart

AtomaRSS Scrollable NewsWidget
    by Nodes
    screen2.jpg
    screen3.jpg

chart

Call Log Widget - Scrollable
    by Fred Tarasevicius
    screen4.jpg
    screen5.jpg

AppBrain Market link $$
    chart

Call Log Widget Free
    by Fred Tarasevicius
    screen6.jpg
    screen7.jpg

chart

Colorize Widget
    by SnowBEE
    Provides separate themed widgets for displaying your agenda, bookmarks, contacts, message, facebook, and twitter feeds. Include basic thumbnail support making Facebook feeds quite usable.
    screen8.jpg
    screen9.jpg

chart

Due Today
    by Lakeridge Software
    screenid5750404356412928215i1.png
    screenid5750404356412928215i2.jpg

AppBrain Market link free / $$
    chart

EMail Widget
    by invalidobject.com
    screen10.jpg
    screen11.jpg

AppBrain Market link $$
    chart

Facez
    by Big Widgets
    screen12.jpg
    screen13.jpg

chart

Flick Note
    by Teragadgets
    screenid8725313045102460463i1.jpg
    screenid8725313045102460463i2.jpg

chart

Folder Organizer lite
    by Fabio Collini
    screen14.jpg
    screen15.jpg

chart

Launch-X
    by YuviDroid
    screenid172614551666234295i1.jpg
    screenid172614551666234295i2.jpg

chart

people widget
    by mjdev
    Scroll through a contact group by photo to call, email, sms, navigate, etc. Multiple instances for different groups. Smallest size is 2x2; doesn't scale smaller unfortunately.
    screen16.jpg
    screen17.jpg

chart

Photo Contacts Widget
    by NextWorldMobile
    screen18.jpg
    screen19.jpg

chart

Plume (Touiteur)
    by LevelUp Studio
    Excellent Twitter client including a widget that can enable a scrollable display of its feed.
    screen20.jpg
    screen21.jpg

chart

Pure Calendar widget (agenda)
    by Francois DESLANDES
    screen26.jpg
    screen27.jpg

AppBrain Market link $$
    chart

Pure Grid calendar widget
    by Francois DESLANDES
    screen24.jpg
    screen25.jpg

AppBrain Market link $$
    chart

Pure Messenging Widget
    by Francois DESLANDES
    Perhaps the only scrollable feed widget that consolidates content from Facebook, Twitter, email, sms, and call logs. Displays contact photos but no thumbnails unfortunately.
    screen22.jpg
    screen23.jpg

AppBrain Market link $$
    chart

Pure News Widget BETA
    by Francois DESLANDES
    screenid2501123354373349415i2.jpg
    screenid2501123354373349415i1.jpg

AppBrain Market link free (beta)
    chart
    Hey AquaeAtrae, I noticed a mistake. Launch-X is an app, not a homescreen launcher. You might want to remove that, because it's more like a Folder Organizer app.
    ARISE FROM THE DEAD! Got one new one to add: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.piusvelte.sonet
    It's another social widget, reviews are not very good right now, but the author has been very active on his project hosting website. Who knows, this might actually be good if he sorts out all the bugs.
    Spotted several new home launchers to check out and another scrollable widget for the VKontakte social network. Added these all to the OP. ツ