Build Quality, Anyone else got a creak?

Search This thread

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
mine has a creak and a gap located near the volume buttons. I can actually pry it apart.
Thinking I need to call Moto.

Last edited:

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
mine has a creak and a gap located near the volume buttons. I can actually pry it apart.
Thinking I need to call Moto.

Nope, mine's perfect in the build department (for once)! But Motorola accidentally sent me someone else's phone as well, and that one had a huge gap between the front and back on the left side of the phone. I tried to snap it in to no avail. I feel bad for the person who is getting that one.

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Nope, mine's perfect in the build department (for once)! But Motorola accidentally sent me someone else's phone as well, and that one had a huge gap between the front and back on the left side of the phone. I tried to snap it in to no avail. I feel bad for the person who is getting that one.

I've called them.
They're replacing it and letting me do another on motomaker if I want to,
Good customer service

tw1tch175

Dec 28, 2010
Mine isn't so much squeak as when I push down on the ATT logo you can hear the sticky get pushed down then that awful sound as it lets go again, trying to decide if it's worth the RMA effort.

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
What a cluster f*** this has turned into. Seems I have to go to the att store and let them handle it. What's the chance of them telling me that I need to deal with Motorola

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Say what you will about AT&T but I have never had an unpleasant experience with one of their call center reps.
Motorola, not so much.

Looks like the ball is finally rolling in the right direction.
I got RMA emails from Motorola just waiting on a new motomaker code

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Say what you will about AT&T but I have never had an unpleasant experience with one of their call center reps.
Motorola, not so much.

Looks like the ball is finally rolling in the right direction.
I got RMA emails from Motorola just waiting on a new motomaker code

Do you have to pay up front for the replacement?