moto g xt 1031 update error

Search This thread

akshay.ku

May 28, 2013
banglore
hello guys,

i have purchased 2 moto g's from flipkart and other is of reliance communications(r-com e-shop INDIA).

i am facing problem on the update one.
it's the cdma one from r-com e-shop INDIA.
model no-xt1031.
variant-8GB
i ordered the phone from r-com e-shop,
when i received the phone i noticed that the phone was from us and it was rooted with boot loader unlocked.
the phone is non sim based.

the phone was from boost mobile.
i went to reliance showroom for activation,
and there they created a mess from which i am irritated till now.
they took 2 days to activate my phone, which could be done in couple of minutes.
they gave me a reason saying they are not getting some 4 digit pin to activate.
the second day after receiving it i again went and sat there for 2 to 3 hrs doing nothing just seeing their st***d faces.
i was again irritated. then finally they activated and gave me.

that was the story of my moto g cdma one.
now the problem i am facing is to update that one.
the phone pops up a message it has got an update,
when i try to download it it downloads but it won't install.
it shows an error saying that the update could not be validated please try again. :confused:

could someone help me out in fixing the issue please.

thanks and regards
-AK

Reactions: vallabh1994

Lucas Eugene

hello guys,

i have purchased 2 moto g's from flipkart and other is of reliance communications(r-com e-shop INDIA).

Hi It looks like I too have the same phone as yours.
To fix this issue try flashing the US Retail Version with your boost modem parts.
Then You can proceed as usual

You can always hit thanks :good:

akshay.ku

May 28, 2013
banglore
To fix this issue try flashing the US Retail Version with your boost modem parts.

hi thanks for the reply

i have few questions like:

a) will the warranty break.
i know that the warranty is broken from moto-g but i have a waranty for 1 yr from reliance.
b) will my data get erased?

and the last one

will i get my network coverage.

because i am INDIAN so by flashing the us one will my network get affected

thanks and regards
-AK

Lucas Eugene

hi thanks for the reply

i know that the warranty is broken from moto-g but i have a waranty for 1 yr from reliance.

and the last one

thanks and regards
-AK

Hi The Warranty won't break

Yes the data will be erased. Please back up your data

The network coverage will be the same as the original rom, after all both are stock :p

You'll need to have the boost modem part

akshay.ku

May 28, 2013
banglore
boost modem

The network coverage will be the same as the original rom, after all both are stock :p

hi,

but i have no access to boost mobiles.
i received it like that and i haven't changed anything.

and also i contacted the reliance regarding this and they told that
the updates for your phone need to be unlocked and for that
i have to visit them.

which i don't like to go there again and see those ********** faces.
sorry if i am harsh,but i have to be harsh for the work they did.

i just wanted a way to unlock those updates.

thanks and regards
-AK

Lucas Eugene

hi,

but i have no access to boost mobiles.
i received it like that and i haven't changed anything.

and also i contacted the reliance regarding this and they told that
the updates for your phone need to be unlocked and for that
i have to visit them.

which i don't like to go there again and see those ********** faces.
sorry if i am harsh,but i have to be harsh for the work they did.

i just wanted a way to unlock those updates.

thanks and regards
-AK

Look You don't need to unlock to flash stock roms as they are digitally signed.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542219

This is the guide

And now here's the http://sbf.droid-developers.org/download.php?device=14&file=787
New rom you need to flash

And the boost modem is in http://sbf.droid-developers.org/download.php?device=14&file=821

Copy NON-HLOS.bin from boost folder to US Retail one

akshay.ku

May 28, 2013
banglore
moto g xt1031- n0n sim based

hello,

i tried the above links and now i am facing the problem of carrier.
i live in INDIA.
my device is non sim based.
i don't know what boost mobile had done to my phone,
it wasn't installing the updates.

as Falcon G he said in the previous post, i followed everything and now i am unable to get my network (RELIANCE INDIA)

please guys help me gain my network back as i had told in earlier post i don't want to go to reliance and sit simply.
they just waste my time and money.

please guys help me to fix it:crying:

thanks and regards
-AK

Recles

Oct 14, 2014
Help

Hey are u able to ota update now ?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Hey Falcon i got a problem also
i have a moto g XT1031 that i got brand new well long story sorta short i wanted to wifi teather with it for my computer and boost wanted me to pay for it (Ya right) so i rooted my phone and did the Falcon Teather Fix and Falcon Custom Recovery Everything was going good had no problems with the phone until last month when the new update came out i woke up in the middle of the night and was not paying attention and click my phone and ended up installing the new update only to find that when i woke up my phone would boot up to the point where it said Starting Services Then after about 45 secs it freezes and repeats the process i have done everything i can think of with it now i have about 15 of work on it since i broke it i have adb drivers and lots of other tools and programs i cannot get this thing to come alive and boot up how it needs to Any Help would be Appreciated So much

Recles

Oct 14, 2014
If you don't care about loosing your data try restore to stock ROM (there's good thread about this in Moto G general)

Sent from xt1032 / Odoslané z xt1032

i personally just want to get it running again cause i hate my new phone that i have to use it sucks lol its the samsung epic 4g touch but none the less nah i would not care to lose all my data but i have been trying to reformat it using different firmwares from a site i can't link up on here cuase im new but im sure you may know what im talking about but personally i can't figure it out usually when i flash the new firmware i get it to the startup screen and it says (Starting Services) then it freezes and rinse and repeat

2hipso

Jan 4, 2014
Slovakia, Žilina
i personally just want to get it running again cause i hate my new phone that i have to use it sucks lol its the samsung epic 4g touch but none the less nah i would not care to lose all my data but i have been trying to reformat it using different firmwares from a site i can't link up on here cuase im new but im sure you may know what im talking about but personally i can't figure it out usually when i flash the new firmware i get it to the startup screen and it says (Starting Services) then it freezes and rinse and repeat

and you tried this? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542219

Recles

Oct 14, 2014
link that I posted helped me, when I wasn't able to turn on my phone. It will give you completly new android and old (trouble) android will be deleted, just do what is written there

ill give it a try and see what i can get from it but i don't know which one of the firmwares or roms to use i have a Xt1031 Boost mobile moto g cause you help me out by post a link to the correct rom

dael4

Nov 20, 2010
Boost xt1031 4.4.4 not installing

Tried to install this version after trying to flash verizon to a boost Moto G. Not having any luck with boot, stuck on boot unlocked screen. I had better luck with 4.4.2. though it still then only booted to starting services. Any suggested implementation program/ procedure? :rolleyes:
New 4.4.4 firmware image available:

Title: Android 4.4.4 - Blur_Version.*.*.*.falcon_cdma.Boost.en.US (Boost US) (XT1031)
Filename: falcon_boost_user_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.57_57_release-keys-cid9.xml.zip
-

Hey Falcon i got a problem also
i have a moto g XT1031 that i got brand new well long story sorta short i wanted to wifi teather with it for my computer and boost wanted me to pay for it (Ya right) so i rooted my phone and did the Falcon Teather Fix and Falcon Custom Recovery Everything was going good had no problems with the phone until last month when the new update came out i woke up in the middle of the night and was not paying attention and click my phone and ended up installing the new update only to find that when i woke up my phone would boot up to the point where it said Starting Services Then after about 45 secs it freezes and repeats the process i have done everything i can think of with it now i have about 15 of work on it since i broke it i have adb drivers and lots of other tools and programs i cannot get this thing to come alive and boot up how it needs to Any Help would be Appreciated So much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello guys,

hi thanks for the reply

and the last one

thanks and regards
    -AK

hello guys,

i am facing problem on the update one.
    it's the cdma one from r-com e-shop INDIA.
    model no-xt1031.
    variant-8GB
    i ordered the phone from r-com e-shop,
    when i received the phone i noticed that the phone was from us and it was rooted with boot loader unlocked.
    the phone is non sim based.

the phone was from boost mobile.
    i went to reliance showroom for activation,
    and there they created a mess from which i am irritated till now.
    they took 2 days to activate my phone, which could be done in couple of minutes.
    they gave me a reason saying they are not getting some 4 digit pin to activate.
    the second day after receiving it i again went and sat there for 2 to 3 hrs doing nothing just seeing their st***d faces.
    i was again irritated. then finally they activated and gave me.

that was the story of my moto g cdma one.
    now the problem i am facing is to update that one.
    the phone pops up a message it has got an update,
    when i try to download it it downloads but it won't install.
    it shows an error saying that the update could not be validated please try again. :confused:

could someone help me out in fixing the issue please.

thanks and regards
    -AK