NTFS Read/Write DOES work

Search This thread

zektor

Mar 3, 2010
Just for the heck of it I tried the Paragon NTFS/HFS download in the Play Store today to see if NTFS read/write would work. The app needs root, and of course we thankfully have that. I had a Seagate USB 3.0 drive formatted NTFS and connected it. Since Android auto mounts on the Mojo, it auto mounted as NTFS read only. I had to unmount it, and then re-mount it with the Paragon app and choose an alternate mount point (just created a folder called "NTFS" and mounted it) and I can confirm that I can read and write to the drive. Moving files, deleting files, and copying files all worked just fine. Just a heads up. I am sure there will be a better, more translucent way of doing this down the road, but for now there does exist the possibility. I wonder if anyone knows how to stop Android from auto mounting drives when plugged in?

phantomette

Sep 17, 2008
I found that stock rom sucks in regards RW for external drives and doesnt allow it in exfat or NTFS the solution for me and others was installing CM12 rom instead of stock, now my drive has normal RW funtion without having to use an app to mount it
not I can use my 5TB drive :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just for the heck of it I tried the Paragon NTFS/HFS download in the Play Store today to see if NTFS read/write would work. The app needs root, and of course we thankfully have that. I had a Seagate USB 3.0 drive formatted NTFS and connected it. Since Android auto mounts on the Mojo, it auto mounted as NTFS read only. I had to unmount it, and then re-mount it with the Paragon app and choose an alternate mount point (just created a folder called "NTFS" and mounted it) and I can confirm that I can read and write to the drive. Moving files, deleting files, and copying files all worked just fine. Just a heads up. I am sure there will be a better, more translucent way of doing this down the road, but for now there does exist the possibility. I wonder if anyone knows how to stop Android from auto mounting drives when plugged in?