[Q] Need help with ui lock and unlock sounds

Search This thread

Livoti

Jan 27, 2014
Well, time for my first post. Hopefully I don't come off as too much of a noob.

I was messing around with the lock and unlock .ogg files in my Note 3's ui with Root Explorer. I was trying to change them to the codec noises of the original Metal Gear Solid. But alas, I replaced the files, rebooted, and nothing changed except for the fact that when I lock my phone there's no noise at all. Could someone offer me a solution?

ginger man

Jan 4, 2013
Did you rename them exactly the same as the ones you were replacing?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ginger man

Jan 4, 2013
No, I converted them from mp3 to ogg with MediaConverter.

Hmm... Check permissions and verify they're the same as all the others. Also are you running a custom rom? I know some have multiple locations to toggle the lock screen sounds. I'm running out of ideas here haha. I've changed mine to stock 4.4 sounds before no prob.

Livoti

Jan 27, 2014
Hmm... Check permissions and verify they're the same as all the others. Also are you running a custom rom? I know some have multiple locations to toggle the lock screen sounds. I'm running out of ideas here haha. I've changed mine to stock 4.4 sounds before no prob.

I just checked the permissions and they're the exact same. No, I'm using the stock ROM. Probably going to install a custom one and see if that does anything. Haha

lmike6453

Dec 17, 2010
Eagleville PA

+1 on permissions

I just checked the permissions and they're the exact same. No, I'm using the stock ROM. Probably going to install a custom one and see if that does anything. Haha

What is the exact permissions on those files? If they're the same name, only other thing could be is permissions or the media file itself

Livoti

Jan 27, 2014
+1 on permissions

What is the exact permissions on those files? If they're the same name, only other thing could be is permissions or the media file itself

This is what the permissions look like for the stock sounds and the sounds I'm trying to use.
postimg(dot)org/image/9dkmih0sj/
I guess I'm to new to post links. Haha