[2/28][Trailblazer101] (Awesome) Ticker Modification Package!

Search This thread

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
Good things come to those that wait :p I've been working nonstop porting the call view from the status bar pull down screen into the ticker... Which means that you can return to, mute, speaker, and end the call without turning on the screen :)

Anddd I am going to finish today :)

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda premium

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
Lmao, thank you :3 I try :p haha

And because I was used to no one ever being in there, and I just gave up :p But I am in there right now, and I might start getting back into the habit :p

spearoid

Feb 21, 2009
well I'm back on the trailblazer wagon and in the EC09 world.

Your OP mentions customizable elements of this mod package. How does one go about customizing things?

The only thing I want to change at the moment is the clock and date on the ticker. They are both larger fonts and off-center...like the next to last screenshot in the OP.

I love the hold to alarm clock program though. No more clock shortcut on a homescreen!

Jan 23, 2012
BOMB CITY,TX
Do you on windows?
If so download dsixda kitchen and follow tuts

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

ARE you on windows?
If so download dsixda kitchen and follow tut.

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
Do you on windows?
If so download dsixda kitchen and follow tuts

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

ARE you on windows?
If so download dsixda kitchen and follow tut.

Kitchen won't do anything for modding the theme. If the colors and offcenter are your issues, Spearoid, you can adjust them by getting into framework-res/layout/standbymode.xml, and seeing which demens correlate with the date and clock on the ticker, then adjusting the padding of those dimensions in framework-res/values/dimens.xml

Sccrluk9

Jan 20, 2011
Love it! I had a little issue installing ontop of a debloated version but once I had it installed I removed the same apps anyways so idk what was up with it.

Ill be poking around the code to change the time(center it) and to remap the browser quick launch to be for dolphin.

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
What rom are you using? Reflash your roms files that tbz mods changed. Or nandroid restore

spearoid

Feb 21, 2009
What do any of you suppose would be my problem installing this mod of Trailblazer's?
I believe I have tried just about every scenario possible...the debinged debloated EC09, the striaght EC09 that is fully bloated.....I've tried different recoveries....and every single time I have 1 of these 2 problems.

1) I can install TB's mod and it works fine...but I cannot backup the working rom and then restore it later without running into the problem described below in 2)
or
2) Immediately after installing the mod, the phone will not boot all the way into Android. It will sit at the Verizon screen for a while...then eventually vibrate once, then vibrate 3 times like a program is force closing......only the phone still displays the Verizon screen....and eventually just goes black....all the while the single vibrate followed by 3 vibrates continues to happen until I pull the battery.

I have been able to use his mod....but if I ever restore a backup of a working rom with his mod, I end up right back at the 2) problem again.

My best guess is there is some app his mod is looking for that isn't there.....but I just don't freakin know...and it's so frustrating! Without a reliable backup to restore to, I cannot afford to go with his mod...because if I screw my phone up somehow i will always have to start all over again.

spearoid

Feb 21, 2009
Well I've stumbled upon half of an answer. I started all over last night with the full EC09 tar and then I installed Ciscogee's deodexed .zip file. Set a few things up, installed Trailblazer's mod and backed up the rom. And I had the same problem. Restoring the phone immediately led to the boot up problem.

However, I rebooted right back into recovery and installed Trailblazer's .zip file on top of the backup I had just restored....and for the first time ever, I got past the booting issue!

Unfortunately, I tried that trick on previous backups I had made with his mod installed, and that trick did nothing....still observed the 2) problem from the post above.

It only worked with the Ciscogee deodexed Rom......previously I had installed Pattielip's debinged, debloated. I've never successfuly recovered one of those Roms with TB's mod installed....and oftentimes was not even able to get his mod to work in the first place.

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
Tb101 mods are awesome and your phone doesn't want to restore back to stock after having a taste of them.

Or just flash tbz mods after bootloop. Should fix also

But I'm meantime u can unzip tb101 mod and see what files are in there. Then unzip my rom files and use his themer to make a package with the stock apks to flash back over. Its not just apks that TB modded. Jars too

Hope this helps

Last edited:

spearoid

Feb 21, 2009
That would be great, except I was restoring backups that I did after installing his mod. And you are right, mostly, these failed restores were resolved by simply re-applying TB's mod...but only when I used your deodexed Rom.....Pattielipp's Rom was unrestorable after installing Trailblazer's mod

spearoid

Feb 21, 2009
Can anyone advise an easy way to uninstall this mod? I know certain files could be replaced but I don't how many. I also don't know how to make flashable zips which would be my preference.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA App

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
Can anyone advise an easy way to uninstall this mod? I know certain files could be replaced but I don't how many. I also don't know how to make flashable zips which would be my preference.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA App

Got 7zip?
Get it.
Unzip everything mod.
See the files in there? Take note.
Unzip my ec09 deodex cwm zip.
Those are stock files.
Now. Right click tb101 mod zip
Open. It will open up a 7z window.
Drag the stock apks into 7z window where they go ie app and system. Click yes to overwrite.
Close 7z window.
And rename zip to umod or what have you.
Put on SD card.
Flash away.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Successfully ported, and MORE, to EC09 :) Also threw in modified Browser, DialerTabActivity, and Touchwiz30Launcher (Which alllll had to be ported over from my EC07 changes... :p) ;)

I have NOT been sitting here just leaving you guys alone, trust me ;) haha
    Trailblazer101's Ticker Modification Package!

Hey All, finally decided to release this package of mine :)
    Before I begin, I'd like to share that this should be flashed on a plain EC09/EC07 rom, deodexed and all... I would prefer if you tried it on EC07 clean, and if you try it on Miunia and it doesn't work, that's why :p It replaces almost all of the Framework files, for compatibility, but I'll guess we'll see :p

What this Mod Does:
    -removed unnecessary "0" in front of times below "10"
    -Holding down on the date/time acts as a button, with customizable text taking the place of the date, and the color of the time changing... When released, two different things could happen: If screen is off, then it'll unlock the phone; if its on, then it'll open the Clock Package!
    -Now, to open up the WeatherBug program from the Weather Icon, you must hold the icon down until the beautiful overlay appears... Then release, and it'll open! This prevents accidental bumps, which happened to me all the time... [I'm left handed ;)]
    -Long-Pressing the "Missed Notification" icons will open up the given screen, whether you have any notifications or not! Very Handy ;)
    -The New Event Ticker Screen, including the New Message, Email, and etc, now behaves like the RSS Ticker Screen--Adding a Nice blue color when touched, to indicate it has been...
    -Also my "Blue-Wave" Mod with "New Events" is in there too ;)
    -New, easier to look at StandbyView format... I like it lots ;) Matches what the boot animation looks like, which i always loved :p
    -In Ticker Music View, the Song name now scrolls when it is too big! :) Nice little touch :) *Will not scroll when the music is paused, and you then skip songs, and after for the first song after minimizing the "MusicPlayer" app... (Because you should've already of seen the full title!)
    -Quick Launch Menu! Hold down the "Ticker History Button" from anywhere (*as long as Ticker Music Screen isn't active with Music Playing) to launch the Quick Launch Menu! These icons provide an easy way to get to your favorite, predetermined (Sorry, :cool: ) programs.. Pressing the Close button will do just that :p
    -Standby Screen! Have you ever been in your room, dark as could be, with "Screen Filter" on to lower the brightness of the screen, but then you notice that the ticker is not affected, and your eyes begin to water ? :p Maybe it's not that extreme, but if you hold down the close button revealed after holding down the Ticker History Button, you are greeted with a black screen with some clickable gentle-to-look at text. Clicking the text will bring you back to the normal screen!
    - Completely Redone "Return to Call" Mod is included! Now includes four buttons, Return To, Mute, Speaker, and End the Call :) Buttons are completely working, with notification light indicating that they are on! This took me a longggg timeee to do, a project that has been going on for at least a year, on and off... It took so long, because I had to completely incorporate the speaker and mute buttons into the phone, because what if you push the speaker button from the status bar, and not the ticker? Everything needed to be linked... I edited Phone.apk, framework.jar, framework-res, and services.jar in order to get it to work perfectly, like it does today :)

Screenshots:
    9f62a49d415eb43f23f3fdbceb3790b8cc288f8cd9882c733e346dce13f3e1446g.jpg
    7b638892a1ad1fd25b999f0c38865c756bfabd082dcdf18723a9dd711c29935b6g.jpg

1e57df578185e34232542f76392678aac4b5c1ec7cad0380b6cb35ef6b385ab26g.jpg
    d38f04cf72c1af88089c193d98015926d00b38183abb251a6cbc53e5478941b26g.jpg
    7d614aa12ff68ffb37ddf99c563b31880917911ab39305aaa1d76b9c5f1a5a626g.jpg
    dd008677ac292799c8627cd4c85c039492c47017d7212bfebe237ecdc95836756g.jpg
    a95abf80d5e3761644bbc646a7164e9a745f69af1367f237c6b01305fa0e8b1a6g.jpg

Download Links:
    NEW!: [EC09][CWM]: http://www.mediafire.com/?ux636dmpcc8k6ik
    [EC07][CWM]: http://www.mediafire.com/?qyc3w1aae8wbaa8

[EC07][OLD Source]: http://www.mediafire.com/?lot44ehvzukaif2
    Good things come to those that wait :p I've been working nonstop porting the call view from the status bar pull down screen into the ticker... Which means that you can return to, mute, speaker, and end the call without turning on the screen :)

Anddd I am going to finish today :)

Making the ticker better, one step at a time :) Should have time to upload this finally tonight! It's been done for forever, just never took it out of beta :p

Edit: The pictures don't represent the final product... I got rid of the blue background, and made it long click... Also, I made the weather icon long click too! :D

Just released by New Package, with lots of new features! :)