[GUIDE] Juopunutbear S-OFF NO HTCDEV UNLOCK | ROOT (1.2x HBOOTS)--NEW: ONE CLICK ROOT

Search This thread

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Finally Hyuh and Fuses released their next version of JB SOFF which now doesn't require HTCdev UNLOCK and ROOT
(after a lot of pestering from me of-course :D want proof?? here and here)

THIS VERSION NOW DOESN'T NEED HTC-DEV UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER :D :D

UPDATE: it is assumed that you have stock ROM and stock recovery and/or HTC unlock is failing..otherwise follow SOFF JB guide by auggie2k

UPDATE 2: it is strongly recommended to follow the SOFF JB guide by auggie2k if you already did HTCdev unlock and got unlocked bootloader . for guide click here

So for people where HTCDEV UNLOCK is Failing because of new motherboards after replacement ..THIS IS THE DOOR TO HEAVEN...ERRR I MEAN SOFF :D

Also for people who wants to prevent HTCDEV unlock...this is the tool for you :D (but it's always recommended to follow HTCDEV unlock way as the wire trick there is easier)

the new version of JB SOFF...NOW JUST requires temporary root---but worry not i have created a simple scripts(windows/linux only) to gain temp root...and by just double clicking them...you can RUN THE JB SOFF TOOL :D

Right now this tool supports windows/linux only

DISCLAIMER: i wont be responsible if this process bricks your device (which i highly doubt it) ..so run this tool at your own risk

PREREQUISITES:

• make sure "usb debugging" is checked in settings->develop option
  • This tool requires HTC drivers to be installed on your pc so
    1.If you people have adb/fastboot setup already then just copy the scripts
    "temp_root" and "temp_root_remove" to the adb folder that you already have and run these scripts when asked(steps below)
    2.If you don't have adb/fastboot setup get these HTC drivers
    click here for htc drivers
    install the drivers ,reboot your pc/notebook and follow the steps below to the letter
    3. Uninstall HTC sync and any other device syncing softwares.. They interfere with the soff tool we are going to use (also when connecting the phone just keep it in charging mode)
  • Make sure you met all the step 1: Pre-requisites from the official Juopunutbear website ..i.e from here http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm
    (you can ignore prerequisites #1 and #2 from the site as this process is an exception)
NOTE: both the "temp_root" and "temp_root_remove" files need to be run..when device is connected to pc normally (i.e from lock screen or home screen)

STEPS TO RUN THIS TOOL:

IMP:

1. Make sure you removed the back cover of the phone before starting the below process

2. Also you need the controlbear files ..if you dont have them ..refer point #6 below first

3. Also Sdcard mostly will be wiped ..so use a spare unsed sdcard or do a backup of your current sdcard

1.get this temproot-sensation-windows zip file
TEMPROOT ZIP

2.Extract temproot-sensation-windows.zip into a directory on your computer.

3.Plug your HTC SENSATION/XE/4G into your computer via USB. (keep the connection in "charging" mode)
Recommended: Plug your device’s USB cable into the back of your computer if you’re using a desktop PC.

4.Enable USB Debugging on your HTC sensation. Settings >> Develop Options >>USB debugging (checked)

5.Double click temp_root.bat to run the script and wait until it completes. Don't touch the device during the entire process.
Note: if you didn't get the controlbear tools within some time.. To get back the phone in working condition again do the step #9 after this step #5. That would take the phone to normal working condition again

6.get the latest control bear from http://unlimited.io/jb_pyramidlocked.htm
download the "windows Ice cream sandwich" one ("windows Gingerbread" one if on gingerbread ) from the downloads section of the above page
NOTE: you should download the right tool.. The tool will have NOHTCDEV in the name of the downloaded zip file.
NOTE2: links have been removed from the official site....download the tool from below link
ControlBearRelease_pyramid_ICS_WIN_NOHTCDEV.zip

(for OTHERS searching for Windows variant of SOFF tool which involves HTCDEV unlock ..download them from here

7.RUN THE JB TOOL or control-bear now
Follow the Complete set of Instructions(Step 2 | ControlBear: and Step 3 | Wire Trick: ) on running the controlbear from the official Juopunutbear website ...i.e from here http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm

(optional)
excellent guide on how to run juopunutbear SOFF is here (by auggie2k)
JB SOFF GUIDE ---START FROM STEP 5---I INSIST YOU PEOPLE TO "START FROM STEP 5"

8.once control Bear is over..don't do anything to the device and let it be connected--and if the device is left in bootloader---reboot manually using power and vol up/down

9.now you guys need to remove the temp root which you have created first
to do that Double click temp_root_remove.bat to run the script and wait until it completes. Don't touch the device during the entire process

10.congratulations you guys now have a proper SOFF :D

NJOY YOUR NEW SOFF :D ...HUGE THANKS TO HYUH AND FUSES FOR THIS NEW TOOL

NEW
ONE CLICK ROOT TOOL :D

ADDING A NEW TOOL WHICH JUST ROOTS YOUR DEVICE (no recovery required :D)
this is a replicated work (with minor changes of this post)

this tool only works with SOFF devices, Also with devices having HTCdev unlocked bootloader while being SON.

STEPS:
1.get the new root tool from root-sensation-zip

2.extract the zip

3.remove the files adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll , AdbWinUsbApi.dll
(if you dont have any adb/fastboot setup don't delete these and skip step 4 )

4.copy the rest of files to the your adb/fastboot folder
-> if you did SOFF using this guide then copy the reset of files to the temproot-sensation-windows folder which you
have downloaded during SOFF procedure

5.connect your device normally (from lock screen or home screen) to pc
(NOTE: avoid usb hubs and usb 3.0 ports while connecting ..just connect the device directly to pc/laptop)

6.double click on root.bat file
-> when the message "PRESS ANY KEY WHEN THE PHONE BOOTED PROPERLY/COMPLETELY" pops up in the command window
press any key once the phone is completely booted
-> wait until root is success and once success message "EVERYTHING DONE..ROOT SUCCESS...ONE FINAL REBOOT NOW" pops out
without any errors...you are rooted completely :D

CHANGELOG:

EDIT:
1.Did some modification to original scripts(no need of manual reboot now :D)
2.Adding the linux tar files thanks to "TheSh4wn"
for linux scripts click here
3.Also adding a copy of these scripts as attachments (in case DB link fails :D)
4. Adding Dev-Host mirrors
temp-root-linux
temp-root-windows

EDIT2: corrected a small typo in linux scripts ..thanks to "splattersxda"

EDIT3:
AUTOMATED UTILITY FOR SOFF AND OTHER FLASHES
also for soff there is a great tool made by "kgs1992"
here is the link to the tool KGS SUPER UTILITY
it not only has automated SOFF feature ..but tons of others which will make your life pretty easy :D
for more details please check the above link :D

TROUBLESHOOT:

1.temporray root is failing or errors in the temporary root command window

Solution:
Make sure you connected your device properly.. No usb hubs, no usb 3.0 ports and connect the phone to back of pc.. If using pc..(un install htcsync and see too)

2 . controlbear is failing by saying no root

Solution:
Temp root failed.. So run temp root again.. Also see troubleshoot 1 for running temp root properly

3. wire trick problems ? want some tips ?

Solution:
look here
and thanks to "kgs1992" for his informative post

4. tired of doing doing wire trick.. So Want to revert back to normal Working condition

Solution:
If you are stuck at Juopunutbear screen

CORRECTION: THE OPTION a) ONLY WORKS WITH controlbear version which involves HTCDEV unlocked, also needs unlocked bootloader

a) if you can go to bootloader.. Then connect the phone to pc.. From fastboot (device should read fastboot usb)

Go to controlbear folder (from where you ran controlbear until now) in pc..
Open command window there
(hold shift + right click->open command window here)

Once you got the window.. Type this
"ControlBear.exe -f" without quotes
This will revert back the phone to proper working condition

b) if you can't go to bootloader.. But stuck at Juopunutbear/black/normal screen... Connect the phone with this screen only to pc

And repeat the above process.. But type "ControlBear.exe -r" without quotes in the command window

During this process.. You are getting cannot detect device errors?
Then try the solution for troubleshoot 1

c) still cant recover the things ? then you need to unlock your bootloader and then try step 3 and 4 from "ROM/Data Recovery" sub section from the below troubleshoot page

FOR MORE TROUBLESHOOT CHK THIS JUOPUNUTBEAR TROUBLESHOOT
This will bring your phone out from Juopunutbear/blank screen

once restoring sdcrad, recovery and boot ..using the above commands was done ..you need to run the
remove_temp_root.bat too ..that will give you proper working phone again (i.e. step 9 )

Attachments

• temproot-sensation-windows.zip
    321.3 KB · Views: 10,815
  • temproot-linux.tar
    220 KB · Views: 1,006
Last edited:

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Can't wait to give this a go, thought it be ages until I would be able to root and s-off, so thanks for your work!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
This is really good! Well done to all the devs for supporting our device :cool:
Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

purebeatz

Mar 21, 2012
Berlin
for me it did not work... i tried 4 times
hboot1.29

Do not remove sdcard from phone
Do wire-trick now!! Check the instructions at http://unlimited.io
=== Waiting device....
(11/45)
Found device... Please wait...
Getting into bar.....
Raising Glass
SUCCESS - Taking a sip.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Buddies and Beer
Checking alcohol level......
Let's take one more......
S-OFF Failed
Errorcode: 66732337
ErrorMsg: Still sober
Quit....
Press ENTER to exit.....

still the same error

purebeatz

Mar 21, 2012
Berlin
Pb try it again.. That error corresponds to wrong timing of wire trick... Some people even tried 20-30 times.. The wire trick is fun... Do it do it again :D:D

Sent from my pyramid.. Through blazing fast sonic waves

ok ill try!

is it possibl to restore the data from the sdcard.img? in my dumpness i forgot to backup all datas!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally Hyuh and Fuses released their next version of JB SOFF which now doesn't require HTCdev UNLOCK and ROOT
    (after a lot of pestering from me of-course :D want proof?? here and here)

THIS VERSION NOW DOESN'T NEED HTC-DEV UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER :D :D

UPDATE: it is assumed that you have stock ROM and stock recovery and/or HTC unlock is failing..otherwise follow SOFF JB guide by auggie2k

UPDATE 2: it is strongly recommended to follow the SOFF JB guide by auggie2k if you already did HTCdev unlock and got unlocked bootloader . for guide click here

So for people where HTCDEV UNLOCK is Failing because of new motherboards after replacement ..THIS IS THE DOOR TO HEAVEN...ERRR I MEAN SOFF :D

Also for people who wants to prevent HTCDEV unlock...this is the tool for you :D (but it's always recommended to follow HTCDEV unlock way as the wire trick there is easier)

the new version of JB SOFF...NOW JUST requires temporary root---but worry not i have created a simple scripts(windows/linux only) to gain temp root...and by just double clicking them...you can RUN THE JB SOFF TOOL :D

Right now this tool supports windows/linux only

DISCLAIMER: i wont be responsible if this process bricks your device (which i highly doubt it) ..so run this tool at your own risk

PREREQUISITES:

• make sure "usb debugging" is checked in settings->develop option
    • This tool requires HTC drivers to be installed on your pc so
      1.If you people have adb/fastboot setup already then just copy the scripts
      "temp_root" and "temp_root_remove" to the adb folder that you already have and run these scripts when asked(steps below)
      2.If you don't have adb/fastboot setup get these HTC drivers
      click here for htc drivers
      install the drivers ,reboot your pc/notebook and follow the steps below to the letter
      3. Uninstall HTC sync and any other device syncing softwares.. They interfere with the soff tool we are going to use (also when connecting the phone just keep it in charging mode)
    • Make sure you met all the step 1: Pre-requisites from the official Juopunutbear website ..i.e from here http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm
      (you can ignore prerequisites #1 and #2 from the site as this process is an exception)
    NOTE: both the "temp_root" and "temp_root_remove" files need to be run..when device is connected to pc normally (i.e from lock screen or home screen)

STEPS TO RUN THIS TOOL:

IMP:

1. Make sure you removed the back cover of the phone before starting the below process

2. Also you need the controlbear files ..if you dont have them ..refer point #6 below first

3. Also Sdcard mostly will be wiped ..so use a spare unsed sdcard or do a backup of your current sdcard

1.get this temproot-sensation-windows zip file
    TEMPROOT ZIP

2.Extract temproot-sensation-windows.zip into a directory on your computer.

3.Plug your HTC SENSATION/XE/4G into your computer via USB. (keep the connection in "charging" mode)
    Recommended: Plug your device’s USB cable into the back of your computer if you’re using a desktop PC.

4.Enable USB Debugging on your HTC sensation. Settings >> Develop Options >>USB debugging (checked)

5.Double click temp_root.bat to run the script and wait until it completes. Don't touch the device during the entire process.
    Note: if you didn't get the controlbear tools within some time.. To get back the phone in working condition again do the step #9 after this step #5. That would take the phone to normal working condition again

6.get the latest control bear from http://unlimited.io/jb_pyramidlocked.htm
    download the "windows Ice cream sandwich" one ("windows Gingerbread" one if on gingerbread ) from the downloads section of the above page
    NOTE: you should download the right tool.. The tool will have NOHTCDEV in the name of the downloaded zip file.
    NOTE2: links have been removed from the official site....download the tool from below link
    ControlBearRelease_pyramid_ICS_WIN_NOHTCDEV.zip

(for OTHERS searching for Windows variant of SOFF tool which involves HTCDEV unlock ..download them from here

7.RUN THE JB TOOL or control-bear now
    Follow the Complete set of Instructions(Step 2 | ControlBear: and Step 3 | Wire Trick: ) on running the controlbear from the official Juopunutbear website ...i.e from here http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm

(optional)
    excellent guide on how to run juopunutbear SOFF is here (by auggie2k)
    JB SOFF GUIDE ---START FROM STEP 5---I INSIST YOU PEOPLE TO "START FROM STEP 5"

8.once control Bear is over..don't do anything to the device and let it be connected--and if the device is left in bootloader---reboot manually using power and vol up/down

9.now you guys need to remove the temp root which you have created first
    to do that Double click temp_root_remove.bat to run the script and wait until it completes. Don't touch the device during the entire process

10.congratulations you guys now have a proper SOFF :D

NJOY YOUR NEW SOFF :D ...HUGE THANKS TO HYUH AND FUSES FOR THIS NEW TOOL

NEW
    ONE CLICK ROOT TOOL :D

ADDING A NEW TOOL WHICH JUST ROOTS YOUR DEVICE (no recovery required :D)
    this is a replicated work (with minor changes of this post)

this tool only works with SOFF devices, Also with devices having HTCdev unlocked bootloader while being SON.

STEPS:
    1.get the new root tool from root-sensation-zip

2.extract the zip

(if you dont have any adb/fastboot setup don't delete these and skip step 4 )

4.copy the rest of files to the your adb/fastboot folder
    -> if you did SOFF using this guide then copy the reset of files to the temproot-sensation-windows folder which you
    have downloaded during SOFF procedure

5.connect your device normally (from lock screen or home screen) to pc
    (NOTE: avoid usb hubs and usb 3.0 ports while connecting ..just connect the device directly to pc/laptop)

6.double click on root.bat file
    -> when the message "PRESS ANY KEY WHEN THE PHONE BOOTED PROPERLY/COMPLETELY" pops up in the command window
    press any key once the phone is completely booted
    -> wait until root is success and once success message "EVERYTHING DONE..ROOT SUCCESS...ONE FINAL REBOOT NOW" pops out
    without any errors...you are rooted completely :D

CHANGELOG:

EDIT:
    1.Did some modification to original scripts(no need of manual reboot now :D)
    2.Adding the linux tar files thanks to "TheSh4wn"
    for linux scripts click here
    3.Also adding a copy of these scripts as attachments (in case DB link fails :D)
    4. Adding Dev-Host mirrors
    temp-root-linux
    temp-root-windows

EDIT2: corrected a small typo in linux scripts ..thanks to "splattersxda"

EDIT3:
    AUTOMATED UTILITY FOR SOFF AND OTHER FLASHES
    also for soff there is a great tool made by "kgs1992"
    here is the link to the tool KGS SUPER UTILITY
    it not only has automated SOFF feature ..but tons of others which will make your life pretty easy :D
    for more details please check the above link :D

TROUBLESHOOT:

1.temporray root is failing or errors in the temporary root command window

Solution:
    Make sure you connected your device properly.. No usb hubs, no usb 3.0 ports and connect the phone to back of pc.. If using pc..(un install htcsync and see too)

2 . controlbear is failing by saying no root

Solution:
    Temp root failed.. So run temp root again.. Also see troubleshoot 1 for running temp root properly

3. wire trick problems ? want some tips ?

Solution:
    look here
    and thanks to "kgs1992" for his informative post

4. tired of doing doing wire trick.. So Want to revert back to normal Working condition

Solution:
    If you are stuck at Juopunutbear screen

CORRECTION: THE OPTION a) ONLY WORKS WITH controlbear version which involves HTCDEV unlocked, also needs unlocked bootloader

a) if you can go to bootloader.. Then connect the phone to pc.. From fastboot (device should read fastboot usb)

Go to controlbear folder (from where you ran controlbear until now) in pc..
    Open command window there
    (hold shift + right click->open command window here)

Once you got the window.. Type this
    "ControlBear.exe -f" without quotes
    This will revert back the phone to proper working condition

b) if you can't go to bootloader.. But stuck at Juopunutbear/black/normal screen... Connect the phone with this screen only to pc

And repeat the above process.. But type "ControlBear.exe -r" without quotes in the command window

During this process.. You are getting cannot detect device errors?
    Then try the solution for troubleshoot 1

c) still cant recover the things ? then you need to unlock your bootloader and then try step 3 and 4 from "ROM/Data Recovery" sub section from the below troubleshoot page

FOR MORE TROUBLESHOOT CHK THIS JUOPUNUTBEAR TROUBLESHOOT
    This will bring your phone out from Juopunutbear/blank screen

once restoring sdcrad, recovery and boot ..using the above commands was done ..you need to run the
    remove_temp_root.bat too ..that will give you proper working phone again (i.e. step 9 )
    Problems?

[Last Updated on: 8th September, 2012]
    I've seen how everyone struggles with the wire trick & I'm posting to put up some useful info for you'll since the JuopunutBear IRC channel won't support the temp root method unless your bootloader unlock is not supported.

About the temp root:
    First & foremost, you need to understand that you are using a method that may take a lot of tries to get the wire trick right.
    So, you need to be patient. If you are calm, then this will be easier.​

CAUTION:
    • If your wire/paper clip is not insulated or wrapped in some insulating material, insulate it first.
    • Hold the wire on the SD case & tap into the hole. This the right way to do it because the SD case is ground; the other way round is risky!

When can you close CB or disconnect USB cable:
    Sometimes, people forget to do something important like removing the back cover or insulating wire before running ControlBear, so when is it safe to close ControlBear/unplug USB & what should you do after it?
    It's safe to remove the USB/ close ControlBear at anytime when ControlBear isn't connecting/ connected to the device (i.e. when ControlBear says "Taking a sip" or when it is performing backup or restore).
    It is also safe to remove the USB when ControlBear shows the message "Do wire trick" but if you unplug the USB now, then you should do the wire trick with the USB disconnected & then connect the USB, but don't remove the SD Card at this point.​

Why you don't get the JuopunutBear screen:
    You don't see the JuopunutBear screen in the temp root method. It's as simple as that.​

Timing of the wire trick:
    It is not 100% universal (especially the pause time). 1.5 sec is the ideal pause time, but this may need to be adjusted sometimes. Read ahead.

The video I made for JB S-OFF:
    Available in HD! :)

If your phone goes blank (powers off) before/after the second tap & stays that way, it is indicative of the pause time being too large or the contact being made for too long, due to which the phone powered off. Just press the power button ONCE to get the phone started again. If this happens every time you do the wiretrick, then you have a faulty SD Card; use a different one. If this doesn't get your phone on again, then read ahead.

Too may wire trick messages?
    You must make a proper contact. Till you don't make contact, the ControlBear window will say:
    Do not remove sdcard from phone
    Do wire-trick now!! Look for instructions at http://unlimited.io/
    If you see more than 10-12 of these, it's an indication that you are not making proper contact. The tap must be short but it should make good contact but not more than ~0.6 sec.​

If your phone doesn't start:
    • Don't panic.
    • Make sure that ControlBear hasn't found your device yet.
    • If it hasn't, close the ControlBear window.
    • Unplug the USB cable.
    • Pull out your phone battery for a few seconds.
    • Re-insert the battery & power up the phone.
    • If it doesn't power up, then put in on charge for 6-7 hours.
    • If it powers up, then let it boot & then connect the USB cable and run ControlBear again. (it may give the S Off failed message without having to do the wire trick, just exit & re-run ControlBear)
    • If it still did not power up, then remove SIM, SD Card & Battery from the phone & charge it for another 6-7 hours. follow the previous point after you get the phone back on.

S-Off Failed:
    Another frustrating situation is
    S-Off failed. Still sober!​
    The key to getting the wire trick right is not to keep repeating for perfect timing, it is to try to vary the pause time after each failed attempt, such that it perfectly suits your phone. So when you try again, try making small changes to the pause time (i.e. either reduce it slightly or increase it slightly). The pause time should, however, be in the range of 1.3-1.6 sec. Beyond 1.6 sec is not possible for non-unlocked phones.

Tired of trying to get it right? If you've made over 30-40 attempts, it's a good idea to use the Unlock method if your bootloader can be unlocked. Just restore your phone with CB (Check the troubleshooting points in the OP) & remove temp root. Unlock your bootloader via HTC Dev & go to this guide & follow instructions. (You'll need a different version of ControlBear if you do this. Get it from here.​

When to use a different SD Card:
    Finally, a last suggestion, if your phone powers off & you get a pop up about "QHSUSB_DLOAD" drivers on the computer, then you need to follow the steps stated previously about what to do if the phone goes blank (powers off). You will then need to restore the current SD Card using following the instructions for ROM/Data recovery under troubleshooting
    Before starting ControlBear again, you'll need to use a different SD Card. This one cannot be used for S-OFF again.
    Then, Unzip all files from the controlbear zip that you downloaded to a new folder.​

What if my phone cannot boot properly to Android/recovery after JB?
    If your bootloader is not unlocked, this is rare. Yet, something might have affected some partition of the phone. Try flashing a ROM/ reflashing the recovery (depending on which one isn't booting properly.
    If that fails, your best bet is to flash the right RUU & then flash the jb_hboot.
    If you are able to boot but still see only a black screen with a status bar, then you didn't remove temp root.​

My bootloader says *** LOCKED *** & S-OFF?
    This is most likely because the jb_hboot.zip doesn't have your cid in the android-info.txt file.
    In order to flash the JuopunutBear hboot, you'll need to add your cid to the android-info.txt file.
    To get your cid, make sure your phone is in fastboot USB.
    If you are in a black screen with htc in silver, that will work too.
    Do this:
    • Open cmd (Start > Run > "cmd")
    • cd to your adb folder for example:
      Code:
      cd "c:\program files\android\platform-tools\"
    • Now, type:
      Code:
      fastboot getvar cid
    • Copy (Right-click, select mark, hold left click & drag to highlight the cid then press enter) the cid you get. Cid is 8 characters long. for example: HTC__001
    • Now, open jb_hboot.zip & double-click the android-info.txt file
    • Replace HTC__*** with your cid. Be careful not to alter the spacing.
    • Close the file, save changes to the text file & save changes to the zip when prompted
    • Now, cd to the controlbear folder in cmd
    • Tpye:
      Code:
      controlbear -i
    • Done!
    Apparently he's buying a round :D

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

• well deserved , it should change soon to RD
    • thanks for tinky for his initial nomination " i am out of thanks "
    • ganeshp is the only one in the list that was nominated by three RC members , trkaaa and Dexter supported the nomination of tinky
    Can you please explain why this is better? What can it do?

It seems that It might void warranty as it is not locked anymore.

thanks

Rob

you do ask quite a few questions heh :p

this jb hboot gives you the privelage to run fastboot flash commands
    using these commands you can flash recovery, boot and other things pretty easily
    (instead of annoying PG58IMG way )

and to get locked bootloader back is pretty simple...just run the RUU ..it will revert your rom,recovery and bootloader to stock ...for warranty purposes

Now im not gonna answer anything anymore :p :D...just read read and read..there are hella threads ..which explains everything..
    (tip: check the stickies in each section)
    After I'm done with S-off, to get permanent root do I normally install recovery, download SU file, blah blah.. Or do I do something differently?
    Btw, epic work! Thank good for such devs :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

yeah ..for root..you need to do the blah blah blah thing ..

Experimental:
    or you can try this tool (only after acquiring complete SOFF)
    1.get the new tool from here
    2.extract the zip
    and copy the rest of files to the folder that you have extracted from temproot-sensation-windows.zip during SOFF procedure
    4.connect your device normally (from lock screen or home screen) to pc
    5.double click on root.bat file ...wait until root is success and once success message pops out...you are rooted