wifi tethering help?

Search This thread

BeringBullet

Jul 8, 2011
Lino Lakes
Hello everyone, I am new to posting in XDA. I am not new to using all of your great roms though. (BIG thanks to all the dev here)
Just got my Rezound, coming from the int1. I am vary excited to use my new 4G and abuse my unlimited data. I can't seem to get any wifi tethering working.
I am currently running RezRom 1.6 with kernal 2.6.35.13-gf1031dc (is this stock kernal).
I have tried http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1540707 it did give the the rezound option thin the profile but had error on starting. I would post there but I am a noob and can't.

More info,
I change the profile to "Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE)"
I Set Startup-Method to "Netd(master)"
I Check Routing fix:true
All Logs show green,
But my Prime never see the SSID

Take along time to start the tether. once it does start download and upload are both 0.0. I remember on the int1 once the tethering start they would jump a kb or two

Last edited:

Dancershrink

Feb 10, 2012
Those are the instructions for Wifi Tether if you're using one of the ICS roms. The instructions for GB roms are:

Start Application
Go to Settings
Select Routing Fix and MSS CLamping
Start Tether and Allow Root

Cleanrom 1.7.5 is also available in the archived sections of Scott's web page and is the latest update that is GB based. Hope this helps. :)

BeringBullet

Jul 8, 2011
Lino Lakes
Well I thought I was on to something. I now can see the SSID on my prime but all it does is save the network it does not connect. I still don't see the download/upload move at all. I will download Cleanrom 1.7.5 and see what happens.

MrSmith317

Jun 18, 2010
Philadelphia
Those are the instructions for Wifi Tether if you're using one of the ICS roms. The instructions for GB roms are:

Start Application
Go to Settings
Select Routing Fix and MSS CLamping
Start Tether and Allow Root

Cleanrom 1.7.5 is also available in the archived sections of Scott's web page and is the latest update that is GB based. Hope this helps. :)

He may also need the GB patch to allow infrastructure mode.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1540707

method526

Apr 17, 2012
call me stupid, but it might be verizon's network. i haven't been able to tether on my iphone, and my friend's droid seems like it doesn't tether anymore (he was able to last year). i have to rely on my friend's sprint htc evo when the school's internet is down at times.

xdadevnube

Jun 28, 2011
I am having no luck, does anybody have any ideas?
I tried the advanced fix as well as the easy fix to no avail.
I'm using CleanROM Tapped Edition: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1586500
I am on stock firmware with Joel's firmware patch: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/...mppl-patch.zip

I can see the access point but I can't get anything to connect.
I tried both the wifi_tether_v3_1-beta12RZ.apk and wifi_tether_v3_1-beta11b2-Rezound.apk.
I removed any trace of wifi tether before trying the above versions.
In settings, I tried:
HTC Rezound GB, Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE), Google NexusOne
Netd (master)
router fix
(CANNOT find MSS Clamping in either version of WifiTether)

Note that in the OP has directions-- 4. Replace (existing) fw_bcm4330_apsta.bin with fw_bcm4330b2_apsta.bin in /etc/firmware

Well, there is no fw_bcm4330b2_apsta.bin or fw_bcm4330_apsta.bin. I renamed fw_bcm4330_apsta_b2.bin to fw_bcm4330_apsta.bin, that didn't work.
I pulled the fw_bcm4330_apsta.bin from each of ZIP fix files in the OP (and tried each version of wifitether on each firmware file), that didn't work.
I compared the firmware folder of the CleanROM tapped edition to BAMF Senseless Preview 2, and they appear identical.
No matter what, I always see the AP, but it won't connect.
I'm about out of ideas.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

MrSmith317

Jun 18, 2010
Philadelphia
MSS Clamping was integrated into Wifi tether at some point so don't worry about that option. I'm tethering with ICS no problem and have been for quite some time. I'm not saying that everyone should, but ICS works.

BeringBullet

Jul 8, 2011
Lino Lakes
I did not get tethering working on any GB rom, I did get it working on RezROM Ex 3.4, it is a ICS with Sense 3.6, running the old frameware. I still have a little lag with this rom so I am going to try Scotty's roms today.