[APP] Multi List Checklist Application! Updated v2.0

Search This thread

tylerjroach

Mar 27, 2010
Bloomington, IN
whirble.com
Hello XDA!

I know there are hundreds of To Do List applications already submitted to the Play Store, however many of them that I found were too cluttered with features, or had a very unappealing layout.

Because of this, I decided to create Multi List! Its themed to look like an ICS for all phones, regardless of your Android version. This is my first Android project so I would really appreciate your feedback and suggestions. You can email me at tyler@informaticsdev.com. Before creating this app, the only programming experience I had was with Python and PHP with MYSQL. I'm currently a student at Indiana University in the School of Informatics program, and I spent a portion of this current semester learning Java and Android. I created this application as a class final project, but I will continually work on making Multi List better.

I'm also highly considering open sourcing the application. The popular open source To Do lists, Astrid and Open Intents, are so complicated and featured that it is really hard for anyone learning Android development to figure out how the code is working. I believe open sourcing this could help any new developers, as well as help make the app better. I'm not at all interested in making money off of this. If anybody has advice on the best code hosting site for open source Android applications, let me know. I feel like most are using Google Code or GitHub.

Here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.informaticsdev.multilist

If you do not have a Play Store account, I have uploaded the current .APK file on my site. Find the link here. http://informaticsdev.com

Thank you!

Tyler Roach
tyler@informaticsdev.com

Last edited:

tylerjroach

Mar 27, 2010
Bloomington, IN
whirble.com
Reserved

Reserved!

Here are some screenshots!

screenshots.png

New Version Just Released!

2.0 adds email list option

*Persistent Sorting (Available now)
*Add to list from enter press on keyboard (Available now)
*Backup to SD card & Restore from SD (Available now)
*Edit entry option on long press (Available Now)
*Adjustments to button colors and checkboxes (Available now)
*Holo Light Theme (Dark theme will still be default) (Available now)
light_theme.png

Last edited:

tylerjroach

Mar 27, 2010
Bloomington, IN
whirble.com
Thanks man! Neither the backup nor the edit option should be too difficult to implement. After my finals are finished a week from now I should be able to add these pretty quickly. Next update will also give the option to use the holo light theme if desired.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Reactions: alphabets

tylerjroach

Mar 27, 2010
Bloomington, IN
whirble.com
Updates Soon

I've added planned updates for next release in the second post. Thank you all for your suggestions either by email, forum, or Play Store review. I'll continue to add more expected features, while trying to keep it as simple as possible.

tylerjroach

Mar 27, 2010
Bloomington, IN
whirble.com
Version 1.5 now available

I have updated the application with many of the requests that have been asked from me. See the second post for update details. I didn't want to hold out on what I had done so far, so I went ahead and released a new version, and the other updates will be out soon.

Things next release:
Edit name of category or listing.
Persistent Sorting.

Coming Soon:
Widget

Thank you! I would appreciate any feedback. I have a limited number of devices to test so I may accidentally miss things. For some reason, it may require pressing a theme option more than once to change it. I will try and fix this next release as well.

tylerjroach

Mar 27, 2010
Bloomington, IN
whirble.com
Huge update released! ICS action bar now used on all android versions + edit checklist item name.
Only major thing missing which I will add next release is ability to rename a checklist.

edit.png

Last edited:

nexus2515

Jan 26, 2011
Chandigarh
Heyy...awsome work, but if you make it look like WPish, it wud be best app in market bro...

bTW - best of luck with ur app:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Reactions: tylerjroach

alphabets

Mar 18, 2010
PA
in the "about" section of the app it still says version 1.5 even tho i updated to 1.8. it is 1.8 under the manage my apps section tho. just a heads up! good work man!

tylerjroach

Mar 27, 2010
Bloomington, IN
whirble.com
Yeah..... I noticed that too :/ lol I forgot to change it. I feel like I update too often now as it is, so I'll fix it next release when I add the option to rename entire lists. How did you like the backup feature that you had requested? Do you have any suggestions to make that part better.

And thanks Nexus2515!

alphabets

Mar 18, 2010
PA
Yeah..... I noticed that too :/ lol I forgot to change it. I feel like I update too often now as it is, so I'll fix it next release when I add the option to rename entire lists. How did you like the backup feature that you had requested? Do you have any suggestions to make that part better.

And thanks Nexus2515!

yeah it's really no big deal at all. certainly not worthy of an update just for that. looking forward to the rename list option! and couldn't ask for more with the backup feature...i'm a rommer so im always creating backups with texts and certain apps, and my task list is always one of them so that was a big deal for me! seems like it works exactly as it should! thank you!

Reactions: tylerjroach

tylerjroach

Mar 27, 2010
Bloomington, IN
whirble.com
I just finished the rename list option. I'll update it soon. I don't know what the standard is for updating apps. I don't want to frustrate users by updating daily (which I have for the last couple of days), but then again I don't want to hold out on updates.

Other than that, I think the app is pretty full featured. For its purpose, a widget would be nice and some sort of syncing option but thats mostly it. My next work on this would be to add a widget, but at the time, I don't think I'm capable of building in Google Tasks sync. I may open source it at some point for assistance on that and more app recognition. I didn't even know a bit of Java or Android programming until about 4 months ago lol.

alphabets

Mar 18, 2010
PA
i personally do not mind app updates. i guess it bothers some people but i actually like going into the market and seeing updates!;)

the widget would be very nice...and honestly the only other thing i was going to suggest was the sync feature. although, as you said, i'm not sure if it is possible with google or not.

right now the app does everything i would ask for, so anything else is just icing for me.

there is an app out there that i have used in the past, cozy i believe it is called, that has the ability to sync across devices which was nice. idk y i stopped using it to be honest. lol. i would be able to update a grocery list, etc. and my wife could see the updated list on her phone and vice/versa. not a bad feature. i think it was the layout of the app itself that i wasn't crazy about so i stopped using it.

tylerjroach

Mar 27, 2010
Bloomington, IN
whirble.com
I just updated the app with rename options! I had to update because it was crashing on Honeycomb. Everything should be working perfectly on all devices now.

And yeah, honestly most to do list apps now sync. At some point I would like to figure that out, but that would be later down the road.

tylerjroach

Mar 27, 2010
Bloomington, IN
whirble.com
As a request from someone, I am working on an export to xml/html. I have the xml export working, however xml isn't really a good solution for a readable file. I will not have any time to work over the weekend, but I should be able to put out an update soon that gives the ability to send lists by email, etc. This would be formatted as html in a table type layout that could also be printed, etc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA!

I know there are hundreds of To Do List applications already submitted to the Play Store, however many of them that I found were too cluttered with features, or had a very unappealing layout.

Because of this, I decided to create Multi List! Its themed to look like an ICS for all phones, regardless of your Android version. This is my first Android project so I would really appreciate your feedback and suggestions. You can email me at tyler@informaticsdev.com. Before creating this app, the only programming experience I had was with Python and PHP with MYSQL. I'm currently a student at Indiana University in the School of Informatics program, and I spent a portion of this current semester learning Java and Android. I created this application as a class final project, but I will continually work on making Multi List better.

I'm also highly considering open sourcing the application. The popular open source To Do lists, Astrid and Open Intents, are so complicated and featured that it is really hard for anyone learning Android development to figure out how the code is working. I believe open sourcing this could help any new developers, as well as help make the app better. I'm not at all interested in making money off of this. If anybody has advice on the best code hosting site for open source Android applications, let me know. I feel like most are using Google Code or GitHub.

Here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.informaticsdev.multilist

If you do not have a Play Store account, I have uploaded the current .APK file on my site. Find the link here. http://informaticsdev.com

Thank you!

Tyler Roach
    tyler@informaticsdev.com
    It looks nice, dude! I'm starting up myself. Yours looks better than mine, lol. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Sent from my Sensation 4G using XDA
    just downlaoded it...very nice! You will see my review in the play market under "Bobby".
    Thanks man! Neither the backup nor the edit option should be too difficult to implement. After my finals are finished a week from now I should be able to add these pretty quickly. Next update will also give the option to use the holo light theme if desired.

Heyy...awsome work, but if you make it look like WPish, it wud be best app in market bro...

bTW - best of luck with ur app:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA