[t0ltetmo][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
Last version can be found here:

Last edited:

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Google Pixel 8 Pro

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links

Thanks so much. Beats regular CWM by miles, not complaining about CWM but swapping back to it I have missed TWRP, this fills those voids.

master.peterm

May 17, 2009
installed it rebooted and screen kept flashing black rebooted and now its slowwww...... might be because I am running an att rom? or becsuse its 4.3?..... I'm gonna try wiping dalvik I guess

I think Wiping dalvik and cache fixed it.... still a tiny lag but its hard to tell if that was there before or not

Last edited:

loaferkan

Oct 16, 2007
New York
It is, however the nice thing about this recovery is that it is customizable. Go into "PhilZ Settings" -> "GUI Preferences" the tap on "Menu Height" until the menu suits your needs. Personally i set it at 72

If it's not broken, don't fix it...I think my recovery the current one is fine....It's has big touch keys, and easy to understand...just a few boxes and get my things done!

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
If it's not broken, don't fix it...I think my recovery the current one is fine....It's has big touch keys, and easy to understand...just a few boxes and get my things done!

TWRP is a very good recovery, stock cwm too. My recovery was greatly inspired from twrp to whom I give credits in my sources/thread.

However, i really do not care about your personal tastes, nor do readers probably. If you have no contributing dev posts, no need to add them here. It is the developer topic

You can open a recovery discussion on your tastes in General section.

I monitor above 70 threads to give support. So, if everyone posts what ever he likes just to talk, I keep wasting my time refreshing threads just to read useless comments.

This is directed to all, not only you.

There are rules in dev section, they are there for a reason, so follow them

Other things go in faq or general section

Discussion CLOSED
BACK TO THE SUPPORT

Last edited:

master.peterm

May 17, 2009
Just a question... what does this recovery do that twrp doesn't? Why would I want to use this recovery?
This recovery is cwm based but with twrp elements like customizability.... I find twrp often unreliable and often instillations made by twrp are often not the same quality as cwm.... Also it fails to migrate sdcard between 4.1 and 4.2+.... This for all I know doesn't have these problems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

loaferkan

Oct 16, 2007
New York
TWRP is a very good recovery, stock cwm too. My recovery was greatly inspired from twrp to whom I give credits in my sources/thread.

However, i really do not care about your personal tastes, nor do readers probably. If you have no contributing dev posts, no need to add them here. It is the developer topic

I monitor above 70 threads to give support. So, if everyone posts what ever he likes just to talk, I keep wasting my time refreshing threads just to read useless comments.

Discussion CLOSED
BACK TO THE SUPPORT

Sorry bro, you didn't post this in the Developer's section....probably you need to read the instructions and post it there. And I know many people carry the same opinion as I....Don't need to confused people with so many recovery, simple is always the best option.

Good Luck

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Sorry bro, you didn't post this in the Developer's section....probably you need to read the instructions and post it there. And I know many people carry the same opinion as I....Don't need to confused people with so many recovery, simple is always the best option.

Good Luck
What? ??

By the way most users like options. If you don't then stick with cwm and stop trying to discourage further development for the note. This is a development website (xda developers) the purpose of this site is for developers to share work and users are free to try it. Now I'm happy with TWRP, but another option is great and I'll probably give this a shot soon but others didn't like the options or want to try something new now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386269492607.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386269492607.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 425
Reactions: Coug76 and perknite

perknite

Sorry bro, you didn't post this in the Developer's section...

Good Luck
Huh? Was this thread moved recently? Because I thought it was in the developer's section:confused:.

I have been toying with Kit Kat, so I had to leave TWRP for non-touch CWM to get it to function (a known issue). If I'm not mistaken, I've flashed both 4.4 and Touchwiz 4.3 with this recovery with no issues - and I still get to have touch. I appreciate the work, philz!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

homerxd

Aug 18, 2011
Very good work... Well thought out and useful selections. It looks better too. Thanks for making this.

If possible can you make multi zip flash a bit easier by not asking to create folder under clockworkmod directory.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Very good work... Well thought out and useful selections. It looks better too. Thanks for making this.

If possible can you make multi zip flash a bit easier by not asking to create folder under clockworkmod directory.

the idea is to have many possible sets to flash
1- ROM_CYANOGEN_X_Mods
2- ROM_CRAZY_ME_MODS

Reactions: homerxd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Download links

Discussion CLOSED
    BACK TO THE SUPPORT
    So far I am having only one issue. I am on cm10.2 and can't flash update by using cmupdater after download. Recovery says.. Flash untrusted zip? And exits. If I boot to recovery and flash same zip..it works fine.

cm updater uses a non existing /sdcard/0 path
    cm fans must go into advanced and set path to /data/media
    By default, this recovery uses /data/media/0
    No thanks, it was so confusing, and so small:(

It is, however the nice thing about this recovery is that it is customizable. Go into "PhilZ Settings" -> "GUI Preferences" the tap on "Menu Height" until the menu suits your needs. Personally i set it at 72
    All Note 2 variants updated on goo.im

Just re-download 6.12.8
    You'll notice the much smaller size :)