[Q] What is this for kind of kernel module?

Search This thread

Destroyedbeauty

Apr 16, 2012
Sundsvall
I did some checking in the /sys folders on my Z1 and found this file called "fake_battery" and a value of -22..

What is this parameter related file doing actually for our Z1 phones?

I created an init.d script that echoed an 0 command on that fake_battery file and rapid battery drain issues after full charge did disappear..

EDIT: If someone wants to try this init.d script just for confirm that this isn't any placebo effect - I can upload it here!

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1393785897474.jpg
    1393785897474.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I did some checking in the /sys folders on my Z1 and found this file called "fake_battery" and a value of -22..

What is this parameter related file doing actually for our Z1 phones?

I created an init.d script that echoed an 0 command on that fake_battery file and rapid battery drain issues after full charge did disappear..

EDIT: If someone wants to try this init.d script just for confirm that this isn't any placebo effect - I can upload it here!

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No such file - what have you been playing around with :confused:

Destroyedbeauty

Apr 16, 2012
Sundsvall
No such file - what have you been playing around with :confused:

Found this on advanced stock kernel.. Should then be on stock also.. Very confusing, but I've not played with anything because this is inside the kernel / driver related folders and I am not into kernel hacking..

Sure u looked in the right folder?

Sent from my SGP311 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Last edited:

cippi21

Nov 24, 2011
mullingar
In no expert but maybe there are a set of commands used by android with non stock or "fake" batterys...that's what I understood from the link harfot provided...again I'm no expert just my 2 cents haha

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Any clue or suggestion why it is echoed -22 as pre-configured? What does this file even do?:confused:

Your link didn't make anything more clear on this one..
In no expert but maybe there are a set of commands used by android with non stock or "fake" batterys...that's what I understood from the link harfot provided...again I'm no expert just my 2 cents haha

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
I think you are quite right - almost every (not to say all) manufacturers use a higher Amps level for charging their own (known) batteries opposed to unknown (fake) batteries which for security reasons are charged at a lower level.

Last edited:

Destroyedbeauty

Apr 16, 2012
Sundsvall
I think you are quite right - almost every (not to say all) manufacturers use a higher Amps level for charging their own (known) batteries opposed to unknown (fake) batteries which for security reasons are charged at a lower level.

Well, using an ' echo 0 ' command on the fakebattery file solved my rapid battery drain behaviour, so maybe something was causing misreadings of the actual battery gauge level with pre-configured "-22" value. Before, my drain started to act normal when at 75-78% procentage left, now it is normal drain..

:p

Well, using an ' echo 0 ' command on the fakebattery file solved my rapid battery drain behaviour, so maybe something was causing misreadings of the actual battery gauge level with pre-configured "-22" value. Before, my drain started to act normal when at 75-78% procentage left, now it is normal drain..

:p

Rebooting changes value back to "-22" (without any scripts) but "0" value don't seem to change when connecting to USB or Sony charger (don't have any other supply at hand right now).

Last edited: