Good alternatives to Google Analytics for Android?

Search This thread
Dec 7, 2013
I found the google analytics SDK very easy to integrate with some of my android apps, however the problem I have is with the web dashboard. It's not straightforward to use, and mobile analytics seems to be the poor cousin of the web analytics version. Even finding data on something as simple as user timings (which was very easy to code into the app) is difficult. I know it must be capturing a tonne of useful data but visualising it and actually getting some useful insights from it is another story...

Are there any good (ideally free) alternatives out there, where it's actually easy to interpret the data?

Cheers, Matt

madhur_ahuja

Jul 5, 2008
Gurgaon
I found the google analytics SDK very easy to integrate with some of my android apps, however the problem I have is with the web dashboard. It's not straightforward to use, and mobile analytics seems to be the poor cousin of the web analytics version. Even finding data on something as simple as user timings (which was very easy to code into the app) is difficult. I know it must be capturing a tonne of useful data but visualising it and actually getting some useful insights from it is another story...

Are there any good (ideally free) alternatives out there, where it's actually easy to interpret the data?

Cheers, Matt

There are some alternatives visualizations of the same data. Did you check out some apps for the same:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.e6bapps.ganalytics

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.co.madhur.ganalyticsdashclock

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.co.madhur.dashclock

Reactions: mickeycrv
Dec 7, 2013
You should really put a disclaimer: "I am the developer of this app". ;) Your dashclock extension looks nice and simple though.

Those overview statistics like screen views and downloads are fine and a nice morale boost, but what I'm really interested in is actionable data that points to specific things in the app that need improvement.

E.g. If 80% of users leaving a certain screen after a few seconds it might point to the screen being confusing. Things like that.

Fyerwong

Oct 12, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion, but there is not a function that can analyze the source of the downloading as Google PC analyze. Could you recommend another one?

Woodny

Jan 17, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion, but there is not a function that can analyze the source of the downloading as Google PC analyze. Could you recommend another one?

If you are looking for website similar to Google Analytics you can try Flurry I don't know if you can use it on your smartphone as a Mobile App but for sure it's good alternative for google analytics!

codiaq

Mar 20, 2014
Paris
Thank you for this, I think I'll try flurry because the analytics the google play console provides are just not enough.

jennie01

May 26, 2014
just learned that Flurry has a very useful customer behavior analytics. I think we should also try this aside from Google Analytics.

astoria0128

May 2, 2013
I know some tool for tracking your user the name

Admob Analytics:
The biggest ad provider for mobile devices, currently has an analytics platform for the mobile web in beta

App Clix
it offers developers an analytics product, not an analytics service. With App Clix, developers runs analytics through their own server environment, cutting out the ability for the middle man to review the analytics data without authorization

Bango
Bango provides identification for every user accessing the app, providing information like the user's carrier and connection speeds. You can also use Bango to drive mobile app campaigns and implement tracking for other application features

Pinch Media & Flurry Analytics
They provide a free specialized service for analytics in mobile apps. They allow you to tap into user info with the approval of the user, giving you location, age, time, session lengths and more.

Reactions: caasols

dimnikolov

Jun 23, 2014
Try Leanplum - they're affordable (monitoring up to 500 daily active users is for free), packed with analytics and A/B testing functionality, and their help section is amazing! Alternatively, I've also used Mixpanel, but it's more focused on doing A/B tests than on good ol' analytics.

devtodev

May 18, 2015
Check out mobile analytics toolkit - devtodev.
Relatively new to the market, has a really nice and responsive support, and own education center.

Tspoon

Jun 26, 2015
There's always Mixpanel.

Free for small amounts of data, but gets expensive at larger amounts. It's events concept is much better than GA, but the SDK can be a bit buggy.

Also, the new Facebook Analytics platform. Totally free, and has a similar events system to Mixpanel.

Steppschuh192

Nov 9, 2012
Potsdam
steppschuh.net
Thank you for this, I think I'll try flurry because the analytics the google play console provides are just not enough.

I think you are just not using the power of Analytics right. With a combination of custom events and custom dashboards you can track and visualize everything. I doubt that any other product can provide you anything that you couldn't easily setup in Analytics.

PierreBdeB

May 31, 2015
Bordeaux
There is also fabric.
https://get.fabric.io/

It's totaly free, incredibly easy to include in your app and it's paired with crashlytics that is one of the best crash report solution.

The results it give are not extensive : you have daily and monthly users, new daily users, number of sessions and sessions lengths: a good resume.

Sep 24, 2017
Gauss Widget for Google Analytics

Cheers, Matt

You should use Gauss Analytics Widget on your Android desktop. Find it on Google Play

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cheers, Matt

There are some alternatives visualizations of the same data. Did you check out some apps for the same:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.e6bapps.ganalytics

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.co.madhur.ganalyticsdashclock

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.co.madhur.dashclock
    I know some tool for tracking your user the name

Admob Analytics:
    The biggest ad provider for mobile devices, currently has an analytics platform for the mobile web in beta

App Clix
    it offers developers an analytics product, not an analytics service. With App Clix, developers runs analytics through their own server environment, cutting out the ability for the middle man to review the analytics data without authorization

Bango
    Bango provides identification for every user accessing the app, providing information like the user's carrier and connection speeds. You can also use Bango to drive mobile app campaigns and implement tracking for other application features

Pinch Media & Flurry Analytics
    They provide a free specialized service for analytics in mobile apps. They allow you to tap into user info with the approval of the user, giving you location, age, time, session lengths and more.