BRICKED

Search This thread

magicninja

Jul 20, 2012
Brampton
Ok heres the situation.

i tried rooting my rogers phone after an update and this is what has happened.
I can get into download mode and thats it.
Otherwise I am stuck on a screen that says....

image size to large
display image fail
secure fail kernal

how do i fix this? and if i need to install anythnig through odin what and where is it?

THANKS..... i need to leave for work in an hour and a half and i need my phone:(

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
Guess your update had knox. You will need to flash the original knox enabled firmware, the one you got updated to. Check on sammobile if they have the firmware available. You can't go back to a older rom afaik.

What's your phone model number?

magicninja

Jul 20, 2012
Brampton
Guess your update had knox. You will need to flash the original knox enabled firmware, the one you got updated to. Check on sammobile if they have the firmware available. You can't go back to a older rom afaik.

What's your phone model number?

SGH-I527M ......i cracked the screen on my old mega and got sent this one.....rogers phones werent supposed to have knox

And I have no clue what that update was.

and I cant download it from sammobile as it uses terrafile or something and it wont let me download it

I tried installing this Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE (Canada) SGH-I527M RWC Canada (rogers) I527MVLUAMH1 4.2.2 01.08.2013 1251310 but no luck

Last edited:

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
The last firmware I see for Canada Rogers is I527MVLUAMH1 dated September 2013.

All new firmwares are coming out with Knox. I suggest you pm valentel, shazzl or megalomanic with your issue. They are the stock masters.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

magicninja

Jul 20, 2012
Brampton
The last firmware I see for Canada Rogers is I527MVLUAMH1 dated September 2013.

All new firmwares are coming out with Knox. I suggest you pm valentel, shazzl or megalomanic with your issue. They are the stock masters.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

ok thanks.....i was actually running mega's stock rom on my last mega

hokuto34

Oct 10, 2010
Agde (France)
Ok heres the situation.

i tried rooting my rogers phone after an update and this is what has happened.
I can get into download mode and thats it.
Otherwise I am stuck on a screen that says....

image size to large
display image fail
secure fail kernal

how do i fix this? and if i need to install anythnig through odin what and where is it?

THANKS..... i need to leave for work in an hour and a half and i need my phone:(

I had the same problem : http://xdaforums.com/show...php?p=49931197, post #94 and more, if that can help you !!!

magicninja

Jul 20, 2012
Brampton
OK I have tried to install the latest firmware I could find through Odin.....no luck...... Also tried installing cmw.... no luck...... tried updating through kies just keeps saying connecting. I know there is another update that I believe is the same one I got on my phone Feb 1st.
The only version I could find are Asian ones and would take over 7 hours to download.
I have already taken 7 hours to download the last version which didn't work.

Any thoughts
Sent from my GT-I9205 using xda app-developers app

fleagalbaum

Jun 20, 2013
I have the same problem with sgh-i527m I tried flashing quite a few roms with no luck. My knox line on the bootloader page shows 0xffffffc

I can boot into bootloader mode but that is it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Laerd Ogsi

Feb 11, 2014
Toronto
I have the same problem with sgh-i527m I tried flashing quite a few roms with no luck. My knox line on the bootloader page shows 0xffffffc

I can boot into bootloader mode but that is it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Hello,

I am joining this thread to say that the above is the exact problem I am having with my galaxy mega 1527m right now.
the same knox line even, I was going to post to get help but as I see the answer is not here yet.
below is what it says,

Odin mode
Product name:sgh-1527m
current binary: Samsung official
system status: official
Knox kernel lock: 0xfffffffc
Knox warranty void: 0xfffffffc
csb-config-lsb: 0x30
bootloader apswrev: 2
write protection: enable

any help or replies with any further dos and especially donts would be appreciated..

I am about to try to flash the rogers rom on my bell phone, I don't know .

last edit to post ...at end of flash it says

image size too large! W:1000, H1920
display image fail
SECURE FAIL: KERNEL

Peace

Last edited:

yousaft2

Jun 23, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 MTK6572A Bricked Need Help Urgenb

Hi

Anyone who can help me fix my phone. I was to load a custom ROM on my phone but since i was using SP Flash Tools accidentally clicked full format and everything is gone and nothing turns on. When i plug in the phone the unknown device dhows in the device manager of windows 8.1 I have tried to install the drivers but every time i try to flash it it returns with DRAM FAIL or some other related errors. I have made an insane mistake and seems like i have BRICKED the phone. I am unable to find the ROM, The Kernal, Scatter file, I have managed to get a scatter file but it does not work with the SP Flash tools. I tried to use ODIN but the phone does not go into download mode previously while trying to install the custom rom. The chip is MTK 6572A, It is a dual core 1.7ghz, Mali 400, I have lost the original backup and everything. Plz folks help me to fix the phone back and how can I go about it any thing that can make it work I would be thank full.