[Q] First things to do before rooting xperia ZR 4.3 .101

Search This thread

erhn

Mar 9, 2014
i just got my xperia zr and got updated to 4.3 10.4.B.0.101 can you tell me first things to do before doing this root http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2655893 i downloaded all the files needed.

1) C5502_4.3_Stock_INDIAN_Pre-Rooted&Dual Recovery.zip

2) C5502_10.4.B.0.101_Generic_INDIA.ftf

3) Super SU User Update v1.93 Flashable zip

4) hjsplit software

Installation Instruction:

1)If you're not rooted on 4.3 build10.4.B.0.569 then downgrade to stock 4.1.2 and root it using Doomlord's Easy RootingToolkit and also install recovery.

2)Download the 4 files at the link below and when finished join the splitted files using the hjsplit software provided in the download link then copy C5502_4.3_Stock_INDIAN_Pre-Rooted.zip files to your SD Card.

3)Boot into recovery and wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik and choose option "Clean to install a new rom" in the recovery. Then flash the C5502_4.3_Stock_INDIAN_Pre-Rooted.zip and the Super SU v1.93 flashable zip.

4)Power Off Phone. Do not reboot/Do not turn on the phone.

5)Flash C5502_10.4.B.0.101_Generic_INDIA.ftf file using FlashTool with "Exclude- System" marked in the checkbox before flashing it.
(Do not forget to mark the exclude "System" before flashing via FlashTool otherwise it will overwrite the zip files we just flashed above)

6)Turn on the phone and Enjoy the INDIAN variant for our Xperia ZR phone

on the no.2 part do i have to copy Super SU v1.93 flashable zip to my SD card also?
on the no.3 how to boot into recovery and flash C5502_4.3_Stock_INDIAN_Pre-Rooted.zip and the Super SU v1.93 flashable zip?

sorry for the noob questions this will be my first time rooting a phone.. thank you so much

adryanodej

Jun 3, 2013
Dej, Cluj-Napoca
your bootloader is unlocked? if yes.. just flash 4.3 than enter in fastboot and flash any kernel with recovery, enter in cwm flash supersu update than flash again 4.3 but exclude the kernel . chek all the boxes from flashtoll except the kernel . and than you have rooted 4.3..
sorry form my english.. hope u understand :D

sisore

Aug 8, 2013
i just got my xperia zr and got updated to 4.3 10.4.B.0.101 can you tell me first things to do before doing this root http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2655893 i downloaded all the files needed.
on the no.2 part do i have to copy Super SU v1.93 flashable zip to my SD card also?
on the no.3 how to boot into recovery and flash C5502_4.3_Stock_INDIAN_Pre-Rooted.zip and the Super SU v1.93 flashable zip?

sorry for the noob questions this will be my first time rooting a phone.. thank you so much
1. Yes, you have to copy Super SU v1.93 flashable zip to your SD card as you're going to flash it directly from phone via recovery.
2. After you pressed power button to boot your device, your device will vibrate once and then the notification LED will flash green. That is the very time you should press volume up (or volume down, its up to you) several times until the notification LED flashes pink color.
Keep pressing several times and you should go into recovery mode.

It seems that you are not yet familiar with recovery mode, I suggest you to take a look Here or just search Android Recovery Mode with google

Back to the rooting, you can also read this thread for better understanding

Hope it helps as I also rooted my XZR using the same method not long ago :)

Reactions: erhn

erhn

Mar 9, 2014
1. Yes, you have to copy Super SU v1.93 flashable zip to your SD card as you're going to flash it directly from phone via recovery.
2. After you pressed power button to boot your device, your device will vibrate once and then the notification LED will flash green. That is the very time you should press volume up (or volume down, its up to you) several times until the notification LED flashes pink color.

It seems that you are not yet familiar with recovery mode, I suggest you to take a look Here or just search Android Recovery Mode with google

yes im not really familiar on anything with the rooting process i dont event know what is CWM and TWRP haha ill be reading your links first haven't tried rooting it yet.. im pretty nervous it might get problems thank you so much for the help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.