[STOCK ROM][4.4] NE5 Kitkat ROM

Search This thread

burowyako

Sep 12, 2007
I'm currently rooted and on the stock ND2 ROM. Is it possible to upgrade to the new ROM without losing any of my existing settings or data? I love having a rooted phone because of the many things that can be done, but having to start from scratch after every new update is a pain.

Has anyone noticed better LTE signal with the new ROM? I'm curious if Sprint has fixed that yet, or if a fix is out there that I don't know about.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

dricacho

Oct 9, 2010
Los Angeles
Would love to add some kind of headset/bluetooth volume mod into this. I tried several volume booster apps from the market and none of them worked. And even if they did, the volume increase is barely noticeable to me. I know there are other custom ROMs that has this mod baked in, however, I think that this stock ROM is less problematic and a lot more stabler. I've tried other ROMs and after several weeks of usage, the phone would start to lag, freeze-up, and apps would start to FC. Rebooting the phone only solves the issue momentarily and it eventually returns. So I've decided to switch back to stock ROM and add some of the mods I need like, download booster, hotspot unlock, 4-way reboot, etc. So far my phone has been stable and responsively smooth. Any suggestions on the volume mod?

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Would love to add some kind of headset/bluetooth volume mod into this. I tried several volume booster apps from the market and none of them worked. And even if they did, the volume increase is barely noticeable to me. I know there are other custom ROMs that has this mod baked in, however, I think that this stock ROM is less problematic and a lot more stabler. I've tried other ROMs and after several weeks of usage, the phone would start to lag, freeze-up, and apps would start to FC. Rebooting the phone only solves the issue momentarily and it eventually returns. So I've decided to switch back to stock ROM and add some of the mods I need like, download booster, hotspot unlock, 4-way reboot, etc. So far my phone has been stable and responsively smooth. Any suggestions on the volume mod?

Check out Viper4Android

Ramon77

Oct 3, 2012
I hope you make an updated version with no increasing ringtone. This Rom is stable and good! The others seem to have issues. I love stock but it's missing several things I like for instance download booster, 4 way reboot, no increasing ringtone and hotspot hack.

youngpro83

Jun 22, 2009
Where Dem LouIziAniMals Stay
I hope you make an updated version with no increasing ringtone. This Rom is stable and good! The others seem to have issues. I love stock but it's missing several things I like for instance download booster, 4 way reboot, no increasing ringtone and hotspot hack.

By adding those features you eliminate the purpose of the ROM. It is stock. Meaning those extras you mentioned would make it custom. You can always get those mods individually throughout the thread.

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mj81fbi.png

Simple. Stock rom, zipaligned, rooted, and with init.d support and latest busybox baked in.

Based on the stock tar posted here by garwynn

Note: Devs ARE FREE to use this as a base to update their roms. Have fun :good:

[SIZE=+1]Downloads[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Mirrors[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Steps for Flashing[/SIZE]
    1. Update your recovery to latest TWRP, CWM, Philz, whatever you are using
    2. Download ROM and then reboot into recovery
    3. Wipe data (optional, but recommended)
    4. Wipe internal sd (optional, but recommended)
    5. Flash rom
    6. Profit.

[SIZE=+1]Mods/add-ons/other flashables[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Misc Info[/SIZE]
    • Notable changes on this build (from ND2): wifi calling enabled (thanks @garwynn for this info)

[SIZE=+1]Credits[/SIZE]
    • @rompnit for testing!
    • garwynn - for the tarball
    • JustArchi - for the kitchen
    • Samsung - Putting together a great update
    • Google - For android!
    Well look at that. I got download booster working on NE5.
    That really rounds things out. :)
    so...if i update i cant flash any roms?

Updating is fine. He is referring to mixing modems with different firmware. You couldn't mix them on the S4 either although it only broke the sound and nothing serious if I recall correctly. @CNexus I posted all of the firmware in Garwynn's thread and you are welcome to use them for anything you need also.

Here is a link to my NE5 folder on Copy. It has the following files. Stock Kernel (Odin and Zip), Stock Modem (Odin), Stock Recovery (Odin and Zip), mirror of your rom, all firmware except the system and cache, and a rom with the cache removed so it doesn't wipe data. Feel free to use any or all of this in the OP or for whatever you want. I'll post MD5's in a minute after I confirm them. I am also going to upload all of the firmware minus the system and cache for those that want to update the firmware and use the NE5 zip to get a system.

If you Odin the modem only tar put it in the phone slot. On the S4 it wouldn't take very well, if at all, unless you put it in phone. So I am assuming it is the same with the S5.

The all firmware no system is posted now.

https://copy.com/Rleg91aseKhEANOI

MD5's

Stock_NE5_Kernel.tar.md5 2a6e24984b0901d6e4c0b6e82b43d784

Stock_NE5_Kernel.zip 94ec2693dbd948c067625536e6febdf2

Stock_NE5_Modem.tar.md5 7a8b103649f4e9cdf927876922eaa26c

Stock_NE5_Recovery.tar.md5 8fc43a5c98ab0072fc78662d87f7dc58

Stock_NE5_Recovery.zip 45ec04e606bd71f305b08f70a8b5059d

Stock_NE5_Firmware_No_System.tar.md5 732d08b126b4e18429d111847ba1462d

Stock_NE5_Rom_No_Data.tar.md5 1bafa46d70f67e8abd9358d1a7a09bca
    Is it the latest kernel cause it is seems that he updated the kernel yesterday and it states that it is NE5 compatible. I am just reading the forum so I am asking as I have not flashed the NE5 rom yet.

Touchwiz Kitkat 4.4 VERSION:
    06.19.2014: http://goo.gl/UjDvK3
    :confused:
    Yes, just flashed his 6-19 build and no data/no wifi.
    I will post there shortly.
    Attached is the stock NE5 kernel in flashable format for anyone that needs it.
    Native or programmatically?
    Sort of native. Took secsettings and services from a build that already has it working. The build is so close to this one, that even the public values all matched up. I did go through both of them smali by smali as well to fix up all the SmartBonding (core Download Booster stuff) that was removed or disabled in the NE5 build and that worked as well but in the end I sort of doubted if there wouldn't be other problems due to something else that I may have missed/mistyped/wrong values/conditions... so much that can go wrong when you're editing through like a hundred or more different smali files.

(I've had this build a while longer than OTA in case anyone is wondering ;))