Airwatch Error after installing Xposed Framework Sony Z5Premium

Search This thread

Nibleheim

Aug 3, 2016
First off, sorry if I'm not in the right place - Let me know or move me, its fine by me. This is my first post here...

Backstory: Our company is trying to become more secure(They just blew 30k on Airwatch(MDM Software) and have a full time employee on the phone with him just about every day...) and I'm one of the lower guys on the IT Totem poll but I'm not really worried about them yelling at me for having root, and I can get my E-mails right now but I do know eventually they are going to bring it up and probably make me get rid of it. Xposed has a work around for this, but when I flash Xposed - The app crashes upon opening every time "Inbox" or "Airwatch" Has closed unexpectedly.

At first I thought it was the RomAur I installed because I went that route as it packaged Xposed and saved me a minute and I wanted to try it anyways - So I went back to stock with Root, Airwatch opened fine. So then I just tried to install Xposed and when I booted up it "optimized" all of my Apps, including Airwatch and Inbox(Which is Airwatch's Mail thingy) .

So, I undoubtedly believe its something in Xposed that's causing a corruption in Airwatch so I cannot even open it. I feel pretty good that if I could get it to run with Xposed that either Rootcloak or the Hidewatch Xposed mod's can fix it, but I can't get it to open to even test my theory.

As I said, I'm in IT and I've been flashing phones/rooting/etc for about 6 years but generally never posted because I didn't feel nearly as smart as everyone else here seems on the forums but I am capable and can give logs if you tell me how to - but now I have a problem and I believe with the increase of MDM software out here that I'm not the only one, or there is about to be a lot more like me that have this problem.

So.
1.) Does anyone have an idea how to stop the optimization of an APP through upgrading to the Xposed installer?
2.) An Idea to get Airwatch to a point that it can open?
3.) Something totally ingenious I'm not capable of thinking of? I have good Googling skills but have found nothing.

Reactions: Rosli59564

mattzeller

Jan 26, 2013
New Orleans
First off, sorry if I'm not in the right place - Let me know or move me, its fine by me. This is my first post here...

Backstory: Our company is trying to become more secure(They just blew 30k on Airwatch(MDM Software) and have a full time employee on the phone with him just about every day...) and I'm one of the lower guys on the IT Totem poll but I'm not really worried about them yelling at me for having root, and I can get my E-mails right now but I do know eventually they are going to bring it up and probably make me get rid of it. Xposed has a work around for this, but when I flash Xposed - The app crashes upon opening every time "Inbox" or "Airwatch" Has closed unexpectedly.

At first I thought it was the RomAur I installed because I went that route as it packaged Xposed and saved me a minute and I wanted to try it anyways - So I went back to stock with Root, Airwatch opened fine. So then I just tried to install Xposed and when I booted up it "optimized" all of my Apps, including Airwatch and Inbox(Which is Airwatch's Mail thingy) .

So, I undoubtedly believe its something in Xposed that's causing a corruption in Airwatch so I cannot even open it. I feel pretty good that if I could get it to run with Xposed that either Rootcloak or the Hidewatch Xposed mod's can fix it, but I can't get it to open to even test my theory.

As I said, I'm in IT and I've been flashing phones/rooting/etc for about 6 years but generally never posted because I didn't feel nearly as smart as everyone else here seems on the forums but I am capable and can give logs if you tell me how to - but now I have a problem and I believe with the increase of MDM software out here that I'm not the only one, or there is about to be a lot more like me that have this problem.

So.
1.) Does anyone have an idea how to stop the optimization of an APP through upgrading to the Xposed installer?
3.) Something totally ingenious I'm not capable of thinking of? I have good Googling skills but have found nothing.
You could give this module a try, the thread is in HTC thread, but may work for you
http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-unwatch-root-support-airwatch-t3183082

Nibleheim

Aug 3, 2016
Have you tried uninstalling AirWatch, clearing cache(s), and then reinstalling? Could you possibly need to have rootcloak hiding root from it as well?
Yes, I have even uninstalled with root system removers, etc. I even restored a backup that was factory with it working, flashed root, still worked. Flashed closed, stopped. Reinstalled, still same error. Uninstalled, put RootCloak on, unwatch, still crash when installing. I'm giving it a break for now, been spending many hours a day this week trying to get around it. I really appreciate the ideas, keep em coming!

mattzeller

Jan 26, 2013
New Orleans
Yes, I have even uninstalled with root system removers, etc. I even restored a backup that was factory with it working, flashed root, still worked. Flashed closed, stopped. Reinstalled, still same error. Uninstalled, put RootCloak on, unwatch, still crash when installing. I'm giving it a break for now, been spending many hours a day this week trying to get around it. I really appreciate the ideas, keep em coming!
Since I just replaced a stock rooted ROM on my phone as well as Xposed, I installed AirWatch Agent to see if there's any combination of things that I could do to get it running I'll report back if I can figure anything out

Nibleheim

Aug 3, 2016
Since I just replaced a stock rooted ROM on my phone as well as Xposed, I installed AirWatch Agent to see if there's any combination of things that I could do to get it running I'll report back if I can figure anything out

Awesome, really appreciate it. It's been a real thorn in my side trying to find any way I can circumvent it.

Nibleheim

Aug 3, 2016
I've definitely narrowed it down to before Xposed install, and after Xposed install it does not work. I have tried Installing Xposed with Airwatch installed, but it runs through an optimization for all apps after flashing, and Airwatch becomes unusable at the point.

I've also tried from an recovery of which AirWatch never existed, installed Xposed and I received the same error.

If I had to gander, its this "optimizing Apps" process that its going through that makes the App Crash, because something changes that it doesn't like. I'm trying to find ways to exclude it from optimization, or maybe finding the file its changing to make it go haywire...

mattzeller

Jan 26, 2013
New Orleans
I've definitely narrowed it down to before Xposed install, and after Xposed install it does not work. I have tried Installing Xposed with Airwatch installed, but it runs through an optimization for all apps after flashing, and Airwatch becomes unusable at the point.

I've also tried from an recovery of which AirWatch never existed, installed Xposed and I received the same error.

If I had to gander, its this "optimizing Apps" process that its going through that makes the App Crash, because something changes that it doesn't like. I'm trying to find ways to exclude it from optimization, or maybe finding the file its changing to make it go haywire...
I've tried every which way, and I get the same results as you. Though this popped up in my feed in Tapatalk, it's for getting Android Pay to work with Xposed, by temporarily unmounting root (and Xposed I believe) on the fly. Maybe you can utilize this with AirWatch.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3432382

Nibleheim

Aug 3, 2016
Sweet! Kinda drinking right now and I've learned not to drink and flash stuff on my phone... Oh poor S4, you still sit bricked in my closet... Will try tomorrow.

Nibleheim

Aug 3, 2016
That looks a little more complicated than I'm comfortable with. I did try installing Cyanogen and I came up with same results, Xposed caused the problem. Going to try a few different versions and see if maybe its a recent change they made.

Nibleheim

Aug 3, 2016
I imagine it will happen at some point. For right now I just play dumb... but eventually it will have to happen.

mattzeller

Jan 26, 2013
New Orleans
Hope some one will come up with a solution.
@Nibleheim @PeterRoweyn
Using Magisk and having systemless Xposed I am able to install and run AirWatch Agent

f34be5cd301a02e9d12c9e347da827fc.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R220

Last edited:
Reactions: Rosli59564

kawasaks

Jun 16, 2011
Tokyo
unlock bootloader -> install recovery -> Root -> Xposed framework -> install airwatch agent -> launch airwatch agent and i get this logcat.

i am also having same issue so sharing logcat for the dev m(_ _)m

I/ActivityManager( 925): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.airwatch.androidagent/com.airwatch.agent.ui.activity.SplashActivity bnds=[804,276][1068,573] (has extras)} from uid 10022 on display 0
I/ActivityManager( 925): Start proc 7184:com.airwatch.androidagent/u0a83 for activity com.airwatch.androidagent/com.airwatch.agent.ui.activity.SplashActivity
E/art ( 7184): void com.airwatch.util.n.<clinit>(): [0x9] Could not get type for v0 from debug information
D/AirWatch( 7184): w->loadLibs entered , icu file exist : false
D/AirWatch( 7184): w->loadLibs exiting, icu file exist : false
D/AirWatch( 7184): AirWatchApp: re-fetching OEM ID from framework
E/art ( 7184): void com.airwatch.core.AirWatchDevice.<clinit>(): [0x9] Could not get type for v0 from debug information
D/AirWatch( 7184): Manufacturer == lge
D/AirWatch( 7184): Class not found: 'com.lge.mdm.LGMDMManager'
D/AirWatch( 7184): EnterpriseManagerFactory.getEnterpriseManager(boolean, boolean): Enterprise Manager: GenericManager
D/AirWatch( 7184): AirWatchApp: initializing user directories
D/AirWatch( 7184): AirWatchApp: setting OEM UUID
D/AirWatch( 7184): Writing attributes after service connection
D/AirWatch( 7184): EnterpriseManagerFactory.getEnterpriseManager(boolean, boolean): Enterprise Manager: GenericManager
D/AirWatch( 7184): CustomAttributes writing filepath: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.airwatch.androidagent/files/attributes/
E/art ( 7184): void com.airwatch.l.e.<clinit>(): [0x1] Could not get type for v0 from debug information
I/AirWatch( 7184): SplashActivity: Workspace is not installed.
I/ActivityManager( 925): START u0 {cmp=com.airwatch.androidagent/com.airwatch.agent.ui.enroll.wizard.WelcomeEnrollmentWizard} from uid 10083 on display 0
I/AirWatch( 7184): OpenSSLWrapper:: libcrypto.so.1.0.1 already exists
I/AirWatch( 7184): OpenSSLWrapper:: libssl.so.1.0.1 already exists
E/AirWatch( 7184): Writing unhandled exception to: /data/user/0/com.airwatch.androidagent/files/AW-45098.stacktrace
E/AirWatch( 7184): java.lang.RuntimeException: com.airwatch.crypto.openssl.OpenSSLLoadException
E/AirWatch( 7184): at com.airwatch.agent.crypto.a.d(Unknown Source)
E/AirWatch( 7184): at com.airwatch.agent.crypto.a.a(Unknown Source)
E/AirWatch( 7184): at com.airwatch.agent.x.run(Unknown Source)
E/AirWatch( 7184): Caused by: com.airwatch.crypto.openssl.OpenSSLLoadException
E/AirWatch( 7184): at com.airwatch.crypto.openssl.b.<init>(Unknown Source)
E/AirWatch( 7184): at com.airwatch.crypto.openssl.b.a(Unknown Source)
E/AirWatch( 7184): ... 3 more
E/AndroidRuntime( 7184): Process: com.airwatch.androidagent, PID: 7184
E/AndroidRuntime( 7184): java.lang.RuntimeException: com.airwatch.crypto.openssl.OpenSSLLoadException
E/AndroidRuntime( 7184): at com.airwatch.agent.crypto.a.d(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7184): at com.airwatch.agent.crypto.a.a(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7184): at com.airwatch.agent.x.run(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7184): Caused by: com.airwatch.crypto.openssl.OpenSSLLoadException
E/AndroidRuntime( 7184): at com.airwatch.crypto.openssl.b.<init>(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7184): at com.airwatch.crypto.openssl.b.a(Unknown Source)
W/ActivityManager( 925): Force finishing activity com.airwatch.androidagent/com.airwatch.agent.ui.enroll.wizard.WelcomeEnrollmentWizard
I/ActivityManager( 925): Process com.airwatch.androidagent (pid 7184) has died

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So.
    Hope some one will come up with a solution.
    @Nibleheim @PeterRoweyn
    Using Magisk and having systemless Xposed I am able to install and run AirWatch Agent

f34be5cd301a02e9d12c9e347da827fc.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R220
    The above steps work perfectly and I'm able to open the app and key in all details. However, it gives the earlier error of compromised device and doesn't enrol my device. I've raised an issue on the GitHub of rootcloak, let's see what response I get.

Sent from my Find7 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    I appreciate you all doing the lord(satan)'s work. Thanks for your efforts!