[MOD] [XPOSED] Keep Trash [v2.0.1]

Search This thread

xenon92

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 20, 2013
shubhangrathore.com
OnePlus 9 Pro

Keep Trash

An open source Xposed module to customize the visibility of menu options from 3-dot overflow menu to the action bar in official Google Keep app.

My personal blog post for the module - Read Me

Featured on XDA portal.
Thanks to @eagleeyetom for featuring the module.

I use Google Keep a lot to jot down thoughts that come to my mind, thoughts that may come in handy in future. This leads to many many notes scattered all over the app.

To delete a note, I had to -

1. Long tap the note
  2. Tap on the 3-dot overflow menu
  3. Tap on 'Delete

It was a little bit annoying to have an extra tap to open the 3-dot overflow menu just so that I could reach the 'Delete' button. So I moved the button to the action bar.

Now, to delete a note -

1. Long tap the note
  2. Tap on 'Delete'

In v1.1, I implemented a customizable icon listing in the action bar of the official Google Keep app. The users can select which icons they want to show in their Google Keep app action bar. Users can choose any combination, such as select only one among the menu icons listed below, choose any two, choose all three or choose none. Users can choose among the following icons -

• Archive
  • Delete

In v1.2, I implemented a customizable icon listing in the action bar when the note was being edited in the official Google Keep app. Just like v1.1, users can select any combination among the menu items listed below -

• Archive
  • Show/Hide Checkboxes

After 2 years, with v2.0 comes a completely re-written implementation of the Xposed module. The code is more flexible and robust. Keep Trash now uses the new material design and new material drawables that are consistent with the official Google Keep app. Now, visibility of 6 menu items can be customized - Delete, Archive, Share, Reminder, Label and Color Picker. For more details, check the changelog below.

You can select the icons you want to show in your Google Keep app action bar and customize your Google Keep experience.

SCREENSHOTS

play_store_1.jpg

play_store_2.jpg

play_store_3.jpg

play_store_4.jpg

play_store_5.jpg

REQUIREMENTS

• Xposed framework
  • Latest Google Keep (tested working on Google Keep v3.3.243.0)
  • Android 4.0+

SOURCE

Source code of the module can be found on my Github

DOWNLOADS

CREDITS

Big thanks to @rovo89 and @Tungstwenty for the amazing Xposed framework
Thanks to @Faiz Malkani for the Floating Action Button (FAB) library used in v1.x

Last edited:

xenon92

May 20, 2013
shubhangrathore.com
OnePlus 9 Pro
CHANGELOG

v2.0.1
  • Minor fix to the Xposed Module description that shows up in the Xposed installer

v2.0
  • Completely re-written Xposed implementation that is more robust and flexible
  • Add support for Google Keep v3.3+
  • Visibility of 6 menu icons can be customized - Delete, Archive, Share, Label, Reminder and Color picker
  • New Keep Trash app icon
  • New material design for the Keep Trash app
  • New material drawables for the Google Keep action bar
  • Removed floating action button (for now?)
  • Removed customization of 'Note Editor' action bar as Google Keep's doesn't have those options in action bar anymore

v1.3
  • Fix action bar icon sizes for official Google Keep
  • Remove "Exit" button from Keep Trash action bar
  • Added German translations (thanx to @mihahn)

v1.2
  • Ability to choose which icons (Archive or Show/Hide checkboxes) should show up in action bar when the note is being edited in the official Google Keep app (any combination can be selected)
  • Add android L style floating button to open Google Keep from Keep Trash (thanx to FAB library by @Faiz Malkani)
  • Change supported android version to 4.0.3+ (API 15+) (Google Keep supports 4.0.3+ only)
  • Fix module description in Xposed Installer after install
  • Add padding to "Share" icon to make it a bit smaller
  • Set action bar color to blue

v1.1

NOTE - If you have previously disabled the GUI in v1.0, uninstall and reinstall Keep Trash to enable the new GUI to see the customization options.
  • Ability to choose which icons you want to show up in official Google Keep's action bar (any combination from Archive, Delete and Share can be set. Any one among these, any two, all or none)
  • Switch from Holo theme to Holo light with dark action bar
  • Remove 'Disable GUI' checkbox
  • Enable 'Open Google Keep in Play Store' permanently
  • Code clean up

v1.0
  • Initial Release

Last edited:
Reactions: andreas951207

TheEdgeOfRage

Apr 28, 2012
Novi Sad
Yay I was waiting for google for sooo long to make this an option like on Gmail. Thank you very much. Also could you male the swipe action also delete the note instead of archiving? I presume it's not hard, only changing a method call :)

xenon92

May 20, 2013
shubhangrathore.com
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yay I was waiting for google for sooo long to make this an option like on Gmail. Thank you very much. Also could you male the swipe action also delete the note instead of archiving? I presume it's not hard, only changing a method call :)

Google Keep is closed source. The code is obfuscated, so pin pointing the method is hard. But I'll still look into it.

could you move the share button to the action bar too?

This is feasible. It will make the action bar cluttered if I move "all" the menu options to the action bar. I'll keep this option customizable in the GUI, giving user the ability to choose which menu icons they want in their action bar, and which ones should be moved to the 3-dot overflow menu.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Last edited:

samvithvr

Jul 28, 2012
Navi Mumbai
****ing awesome! This has been my long standing gripe with Keep. Thanks dev! :good: Now, if someone would find a way to remove the limits on the amount of text one is allowed to write in a single note, Keep would be perfect for me!

xenon92

May 20, 2013
shubhangrathore.com
OnePlus 9 Pro
So I wasn't the only one who was frustrated by Google's decision to keep 'Delete' button 2 taps away from the user. Good to know!

Maybe masterminds at Google just don't want the users to delete their data from their servers (if they even do that) , but instead just want you to archive it (for them). After all, the one who controls "user's data", controls the present and the future! Hehe.

Anyways, I am glad this module is useful for others too.

cosmicsatish

Mar 3, 2013
@xenon92 I am so happy to see your app being highlighted on xda portal.. Your development for galaxy grand is unforgettable.. And yet another brilliant app which is simply mind blowing.. Keep up the good work..

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xenon92

May 20, 2013
shubhangrathore.com
OnePlus 9 Pro
Keep Trash v1.1

NOTE - If you have previously disabled the GUI in v1.0, uninstall and reinstall Keep Trash to enable the new GUI to see the customization options.
  • Ability to choose which icons you want to show up in official Google Keep's action bar (any combination from Archive, Delete and Share can be set. Any one among these, any two, all or none)
  • Switch from Holo theme to Holo light with dark action bar
  • Remove 'Disable GUI' checkbox
  • Enable 'Open Google Keep in Play Store' permanently
  • Code clean up

Screenshot_2014-07-13-13-12-35_HAenexus520140713_140345.png

----

I have this on the log: The class requires resource-related hooks (which are disabled), skipping it.

Please post the Xposed log and logcat with v1.1.

Reactions: jacknicholson

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
i got a really cool idea right now, how about a "keep trash" module for Google chrome? it would be really cool to have New tab, share, print and desktop mode buttons in the action bar of chrome :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: ans_ss

xenon92

May 20, 2013
shubhangrathore.com
OnePlus 9 Pro

Please take a logcat and post here.

Follow the following steps:

- Reboot phone
- Start taking logcat
- Open Keep Trash GUI (v1.1)
- Open Keep
- Stop logcat

Post it here.

This is the source code from XposedBridge: THIS & THIS & THIS

So go to
Code:
/data/data/de.robv.___/conf/

and check if there exists a file named disable_resources there. If it is there, do your research as to why it is there. If you feel comfortable enough after your research, remove the file and test again.

creeve4

Jan 5, 2011
Bountiful
Any plans to modify the acton bar that is shown when a note is open?

aga2unu2.jpg

With my usage (widget on home screen, notes are accessed from the widget), this would be very useful! [emoji106]

xenon92

May 20, 2013
shubhangrathore.com
OnePlus 9 Pro
Any plans to modify the acton bar that is shown when a note is open?

aga2unu2.jpg

With my usage (widget on home screen, notes are accessed from the widget), this would be very useful! [emoji106]

Actually yes. I am thinking about moving 'Show Checkboxes' in the note editor from overflow menu to action bar. I use it there a lot.

Reactions: creeve4

m+a+r+k

Aug 29, 2013
Highlands, Scotland
I would prefer the Share button there. It seems more natural for me to write something and then send it to Google Drive by clicking on the icon in the action bar than having to go to the Browser screen and then save it.

Great module by the way, thanks.

//.dax

Aug 26, 2013
Your module really rocks! Keep up in good work :)

But here are a little request.. Don't you think that icons on action bar are too big? MDPI device here

u9u8u7uj.jpg

Odoslané z Desire X pomocou Tapatalku

xenon92

May 20, 2013
shubhangrathore.com
OnePlus 9 Pro
I would prefer the Share button there. It seems more natural for me to write something and then send it to Google Drive by clicking on the icon in the action bar than having to go to the Browser screen and then save it.

Great module by the way, thanks.

Google Keep can be accessed from a browser too - https://keep.google.com/

If you mean 'Share' icon to be in action bar while a note is being edited.. Maybe in future..

Your module really rocks! Keep up in good work :)

But here are a little request.. Don't you think that icons on action bar are too big? MDPI device here

u9u8u7uj.jpg

Odoslané z Desire X pomocou Tapatalku

Yes they seem a little bigger for an MDPI device. I own a HDPI device, and they seem fine on my device at least (as you can see from the screenshots). I'll reduce the size for MDPI in future release.

Last edited:
Reactions: //.dax

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Keep Trash

An open source Xposed module to customize the visibility of menu options from 3-dot overflow menu to the action bar in official Google Keep app.

My personal blog post for the module - Read Me

Featured on XDA portal.
    Thanks to @eagleeyetom for featuring the module.

I use Google Keep a lot to jot down thoughts that come to my mind, thoughts that may come in handy in future. This leads to many many notes scattered all over the app.

To delete a note, I had to -

1. Long tap the note
    2. Tap on the 3-dot overflow menu
    3. Tap on 'Delete

It was a little bit annoying to have an extra tap to open the 3-dot overflow menu just so that I could reach the 'Delete' button. So I moved the button to the action bar.

Now, to delete a note -

1. Long tap the note
    2. Tap on 'Delete'

In v1.1, I implemented a customizable icon listing in the action bar of the official Google Keep app. The users can select which icons they want to show in their Google Keep app action bar. Users can choose any combination, such as select only one among the menu icons listed below, choose any two, choose all three or choose none. Users can choose among the following icons -

• Archive
    • Delete

In v1.2, I implemented a customizable icon listing in the action bar when the note was being edited in the official Google Keep app. Just like v1.1, users can select any combination among the menu items listed below -

• Archive
    • Show/Hide Checkboxes

After 2 years, with v2.0 comes a completely re-written implementation of the Xposed module. The code is more flexible and robust. Keep Trash now uses the new material design and new material drawables that are consistent with the official Google Keep app. Now, visibility of 6 menu items can be customized - Delete, Archive, Share, Reminder, Label and Color Picker. For more details, check the changelog below.

You can select the icons you want to show in your Google Keep app action bar and customize your Google Keep experience.

SCREENSHOTS

play_store_1.jpg

play_store_2.jpg

play_store_3.jpg

play_store_4.jpg

play_store_5.jpg

REQUIREMENTS

• Xposed framework
    • Latest Google Keep (tested working on Google Keep v3.3.243.0)
    • Android 4.0+

SOURCE

Source code of the module can be found on my Github

DOWNLOADS

CREDITS

Big thanks to @rovo89 and @Tungstwenty for the amazing Xposed framework
    Thanks to @Faiz Malkani for the Floating Action Button (FAB) library used in v1.x
    Google keep ver. 3.3.365.1 dont work module.

Ah, so that's the reason. Damn Google and their constant inconsistencies!

Hopefully the developer can update the module to fix it.

Google keep ver. 3.3.431.0 don't work module.

Thanks.
    Currently I am on Nougat and as you know, Xposed framework isn't out for Nougat yet.

As soon as Xposed for Nougat is released, I'll update this module as well.
    @xenon92
    It isn't compatible with latest Keep.
    FCs occur when launching the activities to see or write a memo.

Google Keep is closed source. The code is obfuscated, so pin pointing the method is hard. But I'll still look into it.

could you move the share button to the action bar too?

This is feasible. It will make the action bar cluttered if I move "all" the menu options to the action bar. I'll keep this option customizable in the GUI, giving user the ability to choose which menu icons they want in their action bar, and which ones should be moved to the 3-dot overflow menu.

Thank you for the suggestion.
    @xenon92 I am so happy to see your app being highlighted on xda portal.. Your development for galaxy grand is unforgettable.. And yet another brilliant app which is simply mind blowing.. Keep up the good work..

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app