[ROM][8.1.0][OFFICIAL][ETHER] Pixel Experience [AOSP][r42][VoLTE][2018/08/12]

Search This thread

sakthi3840

Dec 28, 2013
2g/3g no network

Hi, signal is not available for my BSNL Indian network. 2G/3G. Is there any fix for that?

ssridharan

Jul 29, 2018
Hi would be travelling out of country next month, wud the phone app work in roaming? Is there any known issues in roaming?

tallertoler

Jun 15, 2014
This is more than likely a user error since I am definitely a total noob, but I can't seem to successfully flash SuperSu within TWRP. It always transitions to system-less mode and during the boot image patcher dialog, it ends with "---failure, aborting" after "- patching sepolicy".

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I know that I could try magisk instead, but now apps within the phone recognize that my phone is rooted even though I don't have the SuperSu app installed.

nate5683

Jul 21, 2010
Bellingham
Google Pixel 4
Thank you so much for this ROM! I have been using it for a month now, it is basically flawless, there are a few glitches here and there but overall the usability is amazing! The camera is fantastic! It will make me stick with my Robin for a long time! To be honest I have two of them and they both have this ROM now, I ditched my Note 8 and am using my Robin again. Thanks!

SHADOWNEKOZ

Oct 27, 2018
About Camera

Pls fix the camera because when I take some photo it will do like it not respond and then it crash pls fix. :(

JayAbbhi

Jul 18, 2018
Nextbit Robin
Honor 8
This is more than likely a user error since I am definitely a total noob, but I can't seem to successfully flash SuperSu within TWRP. It always transitions to system-less mode and during the boot image patcher dialog, it ends with "---failure, aborting" after "- patching sepolicy".

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I know that I could try magisk instead, but now apps within the phone recognize that my phone is rooted even though I don't have the SuperSu app installed.

use magisk

Omdad

Jan 1, 2019
This is the first rom I install coming out of stock and I'm so glad I did. Thank you so much it works amazingly well. It's obviously not perfect but way better than my experience with this phone. I will definitely support this project

Reactions: AnierinB

Raiz

Forum Moderator / XDA Welcome Team
Staff member
Dev will make Pie based PE ROM once he gets time. Wait for LOS16 , ROMs will flow through afterwards
Actually , NurKeinNeid doesn't have any projects for pie at this moment , so I don't know if there will be PE 9 , but you can always flash Xenon HD pie ( AnierinB built it's very smooth ) or you have Havos OS Pie , AOSP Extended Pie, and some other ones
Have fun with those ;)

AnierinB

Retired Recognized Developer
Actually , NurKeinNeid doesn't have any projects for pie at this moment , so I don't know if there will be PE 9 , but you can always flash Xenon HD pie ( AnierinB built it's very smooth ) or you have Havos OS Pie , AOSP Extended Pie, and some other ones
Have fun with those ;)

We've discussed me building PE pie and testing the stability and performance prior to him working on it. That way I can give him feedback if it's worth his time and effort to develop it right now.

From what I've experienced, aosp based pie ROMs built from Los 16 trees have had some issues regarding performance (e.g, havoc 2.1, aospe pie) unlike how 15.1 trees to aosp 8.1 ROMs was/has been. Every ROMs different and besides, even the current 9.0 ROMs and 16.1 trees are far done.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i3OR5Mx.jpg
    PixelExperience for Nextbit Robin (ether)

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation) Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device Based on Android 8.1

Thanks to @AnierinB for testing ;)

Known issues: Tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Useful files
    Pixel 2016 Live Wallpapers (normal apk)
    Pixel 2017 Live Wallpapers (normal apk)
    AR Stickers for Google Camera (normal apk)

Donate: Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation: Help with project translation

Telegram channel
    Stay tuned

Announcement

I have now hosted all my ROMs on AFH. So I can also see how often which ROM is downloaded. As a result, if I see ROMs that are not used by anyone, they will soon be abandoned. I also decided to pay more attention to a particular ROM. That means Pixel Experience for Nextbit Robin is now officially supported. The next build will have the official tag.

Stay tuned! :p
    Changelog:

2018-08-12
    -August Security Patch merged
    -All device-specific is rebased to include the new changes of LOS
    -Removed PixelStyle device overlays (as requested)
    -Modded Google Camera included (thanks to @Arnova8G2)
    -Rebased Deathly Kernel with latest LOS changes included (because there are some YouTube issues on Chronic)

2018-07-28
    -back to Snap Camera
    -attemp to fix VoLTE
    -Chronic 2.2 included

2018-07-18
    -updated translations
    -included GoogleCameraMod instead of Snap
    -disabled deep buffer
    -system.prop: default OMX service to non-Treble
    -add 2.1 fingerprint HAL
    -changed default DPI to 420
    -switched to Chronic kernel (my variant of deathly)

2018-07-08
    -July Security Patch merged
    -Updated translations
    -Revert of SELinux changes
    -PopRemix-r2:
    -wake on plug fix
    -Enable all tcp congestion controllers
    -Async I/O latency to a ssd greatly increased, 34% gain (Creds: kleikamp)
    -aio: Skip timer for io_getevents if timeout=0
    -mdss: fb: enable backlight dimmer
    -ether: don't hotplug the perf cluster on BCL event, it destroys performance and don't throttle so hard
    -Decrease time to enter sleep
    -slimbus : slimbus OC fix

2018-06-25
    -Added GCam as default
    -Updated translations
    -Imported media codecs config from CAF
    -Added bluetooth aptX/aptXHD codec support
    -Added Pixel device overlays
    -OTA update system preparations
    -Introduced PopRemix kernel (updated pop kernel and added some stuff):
    -drivers: i2c: Fix direct references to HZ
    -drivers: hwmon: Fix direct references to HZ
    -drivers: video: mdss: Fix direct references to HZ
    -defconfig: config_hz 1000 lowers jitter
    -ASoC: msm: audio-effects: misc fixes in h/w effects (update)
    -Arm64: Enable Dcache word access
    -WCD9330: Enable High Performance Mode
    -Topology: Enhance For MultiCore Decision Making
    -Enable arch power
    -Slimbus Overclock

2018-06-15
    -WiFi Fixes
    -SELinux enforcing

2018-06-11
    -Initial Release
    Update Time! :fingers-crossed:

Nothing has changed on the ROM side. But I didn't want people waiting so long for the first official build. :)

Thanks to @AnierinB for testing every experiment this week.

PixelExperience_ether-8.1.0-20180615-1323-OFFICIAL

Changes:
    -WiFi Fixes
    -SELinux enforcing

Enjoy it!