[Recovery]CWM Recovery&Bootmenu 2ndinit for Motorola XT300(Spice)

Search This thread
G

GentryLamp

Do it at your risk!
Hi,everybody.
I had successfully ported CWM recovery&Bootmenu 2ndinit for spice,which allows us to use custom rom.:)
Now,you have two ways to use CWM recovery.One is entering CWM recovery through bootmenu,the another way is entering CWM recovery through stock recovery(Fake flash update zip).

Method 1:Through bootmenu
First of all,you need to root your spice.And then install bootmenu.
Download the bootmenu.tar file(attached).And push it into /sdcard/
Turn on usb debugging on your phone. And use the following commands in adb:
Code:
C:/> adb shell
$ su
# mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# mkdir /system/bootmenu
# cd /system/bootmenu
# busybox tar -xf /sdcard/bootmenu.tar
# rm /system/bin/charge_only_mode
# busybox ln -s /system/bootmenu/binary/bootmenu /system/bin/charge_only_mode
# sync
# mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# exit
The bootmenu will be installed.
Restart your device once.

Using Boot Menu:
Turn your phone off.
Press the Power Button.
After 1-10 seconds, the red led on your phone will light up for just 3 seconds (Still while the Motorola logo is being displayed).
Exactly when the led lights up, press the volume down button.
You will see the BootMenu, use the Volume Button to navigate up and down, and the power button to select an item.
Then you can select enter CWM recovery.(Someone say CWM's backup&restore cannot work,you can use method 2 for it)

Method 2:Through stock recovery(Fake flash zip)
I found that we can use CWM recovery with stock recovery leak(Fake flash update zip,like OpenRecovery),but this leak is only existed in SESGC_U3_10.10.0_RT firmware.
I have dumped this recovery(Attached file:recovery.img).And flash it by fastboot.It works well with SESLA_U3_01.72.0 firmware.
And then to flash a fake update.zip(Attached file:update.zip) from the root of your sdcard,you will enter CWM recovery!

By the way,if you want to port CM7 for spice,you need to use 2ndinit for your froyo/gingerbread,because it has locked bootloader.
I have compiled CM7 for it,and it can boot up but stuck in white screen after CM bootanimation.If you want to continue my work,you can checkout my github.

Thanks to:
CyanogenMod
koush

sorry for my poor English.:)

Attachments

• bootmenu.tar
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,024
  • recovery.img
    5.5 MB · Views: 903
  • update.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,117
Last edited:

Regisboliver

Jul 19, 2011
Brazil
Nand backup question

Do it at your risk!
Hi,everybody.
I had successfully ported CWM recovery&Bootmenu 2ndinit for spice,which allows us to use custom rom.:)
Now,you have two ways to use CWM recovery.One is entering CWM recovery through bootmenu,the another way is entering CWM recovery through stock recovery(Fake flash update zip).

Method 1:Through bootmenu
First of all,you need to root your spice.And then install bootmenu.
Download the bootmenu.tar file(attached).And push it into /sdcard/
Turn on usb debugging on your phone. And use the following commands in adb:
Code:
C:/> adb shell
$ su
# mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# mkdir /system/bootmenu
# cd /system/bootmenu
# busybox tar -xf /sdcard/bootmenu.tar
# rm /system/bin/charge_only_mode
# busybox ln -s /system/bootmenu/binary/bootmenu /system/bin/charge_only_mode
# sync
# mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# exit
The bootmenu will be installed.
Restart your device once.

Using Boot Menu:
Turn your phone off.
Press the Power Button.
After 1-10 seconds, the red led on your phone will light up for just 3 seconds (Still while the Motorola logo is being displayed).
Exactly when the led lights up, press the volume down button.
You will see the BootMenu, use the Volume Button to navigate up and down, and the power button to select an item.
Then you can select enter CWM recovery.(Someone say CWM's backup&restore cannot work,you can use method 2 for it)

Method 2:Through stock recovery(Fake flash zip)
I found that we can use CWM recovery with stock recovery leak(Fake flash update zip,like OpenRecovery),but this leak is only existed in SESGC_U3_10.10.0_RT firmware.
I have dumped this recovery(Attached file:recovery.img).And flash it by fastboot.It works well with SESLA_U3_01.72.0 firmware.
And then to flash a fake update.zip(Attached file:update.zip) from the root of your sdcard,you will enter CWM recovery!

By the way,if you want to port CM7 for spice,you need to use 2ndinit for your froyo/gingerbread,because it has locked bootloader.
I have compiled CM7 for it,and it can boot up but stuck in white screen after CM bootanimation.If you want to continue my work,you can checkout my github(["github . com/gentrylamp").

Thanks to:
CyanogenMod
koush

sorry for my poor English.:)

Hello!

Mr GentryLamp, congratulations done, I do not see many people who understand Android programming interested in XT300, you're the man!

I performed all the procedures above, installed bootmenu (but renamed the "charge_only_mode" as "charge_only_mode.bin" the backup purposes), I installed the old recovery with flash_image (command "flash_image recovery path_of_recovery _.img") and put the update.zip on the root of SD.

I can not perform with nand backup recovery from bootmenu (advance notice, and obviously non-functional), and the second way does not work (the leakage update.zip).

When trying to nand backup the nand, the device is the screen backuping ("SD memory free... Backup system...") For about an hour, and then the screen goes white, and end.

You know how I could accomplish this nand backup? You got on your device? Do you know any script that I can use for it?

If you need more information, or something that I test on my device, I place myself at your disposal.

Sorry my english too, Google Translate help much Brazilians.

Hug.

G

GentryLamp

Hello!

Mr GentryLamp, congratulations done, I do not see many people who understand Android programming interested in XT300, you're the man!

I performed all the procedures above, installed bootmenu (but renamed the "charge_only_mode" as "charge_only_mode.bin" the backup purposes), I installed the old recovery with flash_image (command "flash_image recovery path_of_recovery _.img") and put the update.zip on the root of SD.

I can not perform with nand backup recovery from bootmenu (advance notice, and obviously non-functional), and the second way does not work (the leakage update.zip).

When trying to nand backup the nand, the device is the screen backuping ("SD memory free... Backup system...") For about an hour, and then the screen goes white, and end.

You know how I could accomplish this nand backup? You got on your device? Do you know any script that I can use for it?

If you need more information, or something that I test on my device, I place myself at your disposal.

Sorry my english too, Google Translate help much Brazilians.

Hug.

I haven't confirmed whether NAND backup will work in bootmenu,but it works well in fake update.zip way.
If your firmware version is SESLA_U3_01.72.0,you need to boot the phone into fastboot mode(bule screen,pressing Vol-up&Vol-down while the phone boots up),and using fastboot to flash recovery.img.
BTW:Some firmware(such as SESGC_U3_10.10.0_RT) do not allow fastboot.You can see some warnings in fastboot bule screen.

Regisboliver

Jul 19, 2011
Brazil
More questions...sorry

I haven't confirmed whether NAND backup will work in bootmenu,but it works well in fake update.zip way.
If your firmware version is SESLA_U3_01.72.0,you need to boot the phone into fastboot mode(bule screen,pressing Vol-up&Vol-down while the phone boots up),and using fastboot to flash recovery.img.
BTW:Some firmware(such as SESGC_U3_10.10.0_RT) do not allow fastboot.You can see some warnings in fastboot bule screen.

Thanks for reply man o/

My firmware is SESLA_U3_01.72.0, nand backup really not work on first method, and in the second method, also not .
I followed a guide like this: [ht tp:// forum . xda-developers . com/showthread.php?t=918275]. I believe the command is flash_image the same effectiveness as the fastboot, because I could run the CWM_recovery from the update.zip (you said that this gap is only SESGC_U3_10.10.0_RT recovery firmware, and I do not use - no clue of what it is, just know mine, and Chinese MONSTER).

But I saw now that you've lost your XT300 and therefore believe that there is no possibility to test or you do something for it. But anyway, I am grateful and even my disposal device testing, if desired.

Taking advantage ... would be able to put an 'if' that is, the low volume was not pressed, he continued with the 'charge_only_mode', so that the battery could be charged with the device off? I would also like to know if you know if it is possible to make a nand backup from a script, with the connected device, and if you have some kind of script ...

Excuse me for asking so many questions to you is that I know someone who knows and is as interested as you.

Thank you!

Hug.

G

GentryLamp

the low volume was not pressed, he continued with the 'charge_only_mode', so that the battery could be charged with the device off?.
The phone will not enter charge only mode when you install bootmenu.
In method 2,NAND Backup&Restore works well when I use spice,I'm sorry that it doesn't work with some phone.

Last edited:

Regisboliver

Jul 19, 2011
Brazil
The phone will not enter charge only mode when you install bootmenu.
In method 2,NAND Backup&Restore works well when I use spice,I'm sorry that it doesn't work with some phone.

I understand that only with bootmenu the device not charge without boot but, my question was would like to know if one can apply this procedure to boot: power button pressed > magenta led light and Motorola logo > {(before bootanimation and bootinstructions) volume down button pressed while red led light? "yes? -> bootmenu" | "no? -> execute the real charge_only_mode binary", execute charge_only_mode.bkp for example, in my case, since renamed the original charge_only_mode for subsequent restoration of boot } > boot. Understand my question? :s
But if there is, I made two scripts, one for installation and uninstallation of another bootmenu (if someone wants I can post), but if you do not give to run the above algorithm, I use the update.zip CWM_recovery the same, so I can recharge my device is switched off, while I find I try to do a custom for 2ndinit.

Mr GentryLamp, you said above, in the opening thread, it has ported a CM7 for XT300 and it crashed after the Motorola logo. I some time ago, I replaced the file libGLES_android.so (in the folder / system / lib / egl), trying to enable the GPU, I fear there is not even in the chipset of XT300 and while on the Motorola logo, the screen was white, blinking. You keep intact the lib folder? Forgive me if I did wrong or very noob question, because I have no expertise in ROM switches, ports, CM, etc...

Regarding the nand backup, searched about it here, to see if I can find at least one script for it, because then I can become more peaceful to test changes more dangerous, not bothering with RDS, SBF ...

Thanks again bro!

Last edited:

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
new orleans
Is there a way to port to other Motorola devices? I have a DROID x that I need to try this on because it is stuck in safe mode. How did you port this to flash in stock recovery?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

carlosirai

Oct 1, 2011
Merida, Mexico
Great job, but I think this work is not useful because we don't have a custom Rom for this phone and the stock Rom sucks, I have this xt300 from my carrier iusacell Mexico, and is so slow and to f**king buggy, if is thera a chance to have a good froyo or gingerbread stable Rom will be perfect this phone have some potential but is too capable by the Motorola software

I hope we can some time get a good Rom for this great and cheap phone