[Q] Xperia T protoype WIFI and Radio issues

Search This thread

steeserious

Nov 18, 2013
The problem: Xperia T prototype (0044 IMEI) will not run stable on most stock firmwares. WIFI only works with the ICS stock WIFI module (7.0.A.1.303 FW or flashing module to other firmwares). Also, baseband and IMEI is blanked out in settings. The radio is not working at all.

So after testing a lot of firmwares and roms (I must've flashed this phone 3,8 billion times by now...), this is the result:

NONE of the stock firmwares I've tried (almost all of them I think...) help
CM 10 seems to be working completely. At least radio and WIFI are fine for now.
CM10.1 and 11: WIFI working, baseband and IMEI are shown, I can scan networks, but can not register in any network.
CM10 is using Baseband 8960A-AAAAANAZQ-10015019-33, while 10.1 and 11 use 8960A-AAAAANAZQ-10015031-47.

So far so good (boy was I happy when I was able to dial a number in CM10!!!).
Now I would like to get a stock ROM working.

The question: How will I get the stock ROMs working? I would have to find out what CM is using that stock isn't. I'm actually quite confused about the fact that even the oldest stock (7.0.A.1.303, couldn't find any older one) would not work, while CM 10 will.

steeserious said:
I read that some people here are using LT30p prototypes without issues and I'm wondering if any of you guys can help me getting there too.
When I got the phone, it was basically a mess. Service Menu will FC when trying to open configuration, loads of FCs here and there...it wouldn't wake up when the screen turns off, the WIFI wasn't working, Radio not working at all...

I was able to solve WIFI and FC by installing PACMAN v.23. This was mentioned on another forum.
So I'm wondering about the modules, lib, baseband etc that's used in there. Maybe someone can shed some light.
PACMAN shows this baseband: 8960A-AAAAANAZQ-10015031-47
WIFI is also working with 7.0.A.1.303 ICS and 7.0.A.3.223 ICS. Flashing the stock ICS WIFI module to other firmware versions fixes WIFI.

While I can search for networks in PM, I cannot log on to any of them. On stock the phone will detect when a SIM card is inserted and will reboot. After reboot, it will say there's no SIM card installed though.
Also, PAC will show the IMEI in the settings, all the stock firmwares don't.

@godfather4her: I'll mention you here since you might have some info on this :).

Last edited:

steeserious

Nov 18, 2013
I didn't mention that some of the stock firmwares use the same baseband as the one in CM10, that doesn't help though.
Also, coming from CM10 and flashing stock without baseband doesn't help.

This thread has had 150 views so far, but no responses. I know this might not be the usual problems that people have to deal with, but someone surely must have an idea :confused:

Nidhal AKA the king

Apr 5, 2013
sousse
Sony Xperia 1
Sony Xperia 1 IV
I didn't mention that some of the stock firmwares use the same baseband as the one in CM10, that doesn't help though.
Also, coming from CM10 and flashing stock without baseband doesn't help.

This thread has had 150 views so far, but no responses. I know this might not be the usual problems that people have to deal with, but someone surely must have an idea :confused:

well u had the gut to unlock bootloader in order to run a custom rom like CM or Pacmac...etc... i didn't have because my phone is still under warranty and unlocking BL will void it.. that's why i sent to sony for a repair.

but i was wondering why you're using a prototype in the first place?

well i guess it's for devs or testing purposes, and it might be not the same like the official release. you're still lucky to have it detecting radio and wifi, because of a working Baseband and IMEI... refer that to sony by asking them to which country your phone was branded, then from that, get a hold on the initial firmware came installed in ur phone, might be some differences from SI(sale info) to another.

go to sony support, if u would like to either make a live chat with an agent or place a call, and ask them about your phone info as i told you. they would just request the imei number, then they will give u all the information u need about ur phone.

at least this will help you get to the correct stock u need to flash (hopefully to bring the radio functionality on).

good luck bro!

steeserious

Nov 18, 2013
Well, ebay...you never know what you get ;)
I didn't buy a prototype on purpose. It would be kinda foolish to spend money on a phone when you don't know whether you'll get it working again. Even though I have to admit that I appreciate the challenge :)

Prototypes are not supported at all. No warranty, no nothing. Of course I tried to get some information out of the support guys, but as I expected, that was a dead end.

bojanbl

Feb 5, 2010
I recently got Xperia T prototype as you said (IMEI 0044**). Can you tell me did you find anything more? I bought it with not working GSM and working WiFi. I tried to install stock firmware and now I don't have GSM neither WiFi?
What did you do? What should I do?
PS: I managed to get it working with CM10 rom :D

ljuba_dude

Oct 23, 2007
I have xt prototype and i installed 9.2.a.0.205 central european version and all is working normally. Try that version. And battery life is great.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

I meant .295 :)

Reactions: bojanbl

bojanbl

Feb 5, 2010
I have xt prototype and i installed 9.2.a.0.205 central european version and all is working normally. Try that version. And battery life is great.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Stock version?

steeserious

Nov 18, 2013
I recently got Xperia T prototype as you said (IMEI 0044**). Can you tell me did you find anything more? I bought it with not working GSM and working WiFi. I tried to install stock firmware and now I don't have GSM neither WiFi?
What did you do? What should I do?
PS: I managed to get it working with CM10 rom :D

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any more info or get any more help here. The only system that's working properly so far is CM10.

Lucky you.
There are prototypes that seem to have slightly different hardware. I've heard from other people having XT protos that are running just fine on most, if not all firmware. Unfortunately, mine is not one of those.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.