[Q] Picture folder full without pictures

Search This thread

x5c0d3

Nov 27, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10
My girlfriend makes alot photos from our kids. The folder was almost full some days ago so she moved (not copied) all pictures onto her laptop. When we look at the storage details the pictures still take about 19GiB but looking at the pictures we just see that there is nothing. I guess the folder is full with hidden files. Is there any way to get rid of them without using factory reset?

Nokia Lumia 1020

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Did she use the Nokia software to do it? For reasons not completley obvious to me, Nokia stores the high-resolution photos (which will be the vast bulk of the stored data) that its camera app uses separately from the "normal" (5MPx) resolution photos that every other app (including the OS) sees. It sounds like she moved off the low-res images but not the high-res ones. If you check the Nokia camera app (instead of the built-in Pictures app) are the photos still there?

I believe there's a desktop app from Nokia that can retrieve those files...?

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Yes, but that's the public files exposed by the OS only. App files, including the pictures that the high-end Lumias take, don't seem to be included.