Cracked screen disassemble s4mini?

Search This thread

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
Recently I dropped my phone and cracked the screen works fine it almost not noticeable while using it but I know is not perfect...

I noticed there are screen glass kit for replace only the glass, anybody know how to change only this glass, I've seen on YouTube glass replacements done on galaxy S3, I think it's similar

Anyone have disassemble the s4mini or can point at some guide or video on how to disassemble the phone

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

shayne77

Mar 31, 2011
Gold Coast
ASUS ZenFone 8

In my experience with fixing many many iPhones... it's not the dis-assembly/assembly that will be your problem (it went together somehow so it must all come apart) I think you will have trouble separating the gorilla glass from the LCD as this is usually glued together. You have to use heat etc without damaging the LCD. Unless you have the correct tools, it's almost not worth the effort. See if you can get an LCD/Digitiser kit with the glass included.

This is my opinion of course.

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
Thanks all for your replies

In my experience with fixing many many iPhones... it's not the dis-assembly/assembly that will be your problem (it went together somehow so it must all come apart) I think you will have trouble separating the gorilla glass from the LCD as this is usually glued together. You have to use heat etc without damaging the LCD. Unless you have the correct tools, it's almost not worth the effort. See if you can get an LCD/Digitiser kit with the glass included.

This is my opinion of course.

Have you changed the glass,

A friend has a heat gun, at work I have a laser temperature gun but not shure it's the same procedure for mini as the s3 or s4

shayne77

Mar 31, 2011
Gold Coast
ASUS ZenFone 8
Thanks all for your replies

Have you changed the glass,

A friend has a heat gun, at work I have a laser temperature gun but not shure it's the same procedure for mini as the s3 or s4

I didn't no... (for iPhone, I assume all smartphones are similar) you have to heat the old screen/glue to get the broken glass off the LCD. Then you're left with a residue on your LCD/Digitiser which has to be cleaned off "completely" before you put the new glass on. (Special chemicals) When you get the point of putting the new glass on, there's a special glue/adhesive you have to use so you dont get bubbles between the two etc. Then I think you have to treat the whole assembly for "x" hours under a UV light to cure the glue. It's a lengthy process.
Look on youtube for "iphone gorilla glass replacement" and you'l see what I mean. Again, I assume the SGS4mini is similar. Me, I would buy the whole assembly and save the heartache.