Help with rooting NC1

Search This thread

pitbullmommy45245

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
ok i know there's a lot of threads about this in the q&a but i figured i would just try. i have a s3 and its on the update. when i got the phone it was rooted running alliance rom. i did the update not thinking and it unrooted it. but when i turn on the phone it comes up the samsung screen with a unlocked symbol at the bottom. when i do root checker it says its not rooted. i have tried all the methods. i tried downgrading but when i do that it fails in odin. i have tried saferoot and it fails and says my kernel is patched. I just need to know if there's no hope lol.

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
ok i know there's a lot of threads about this in the q&a but i figured i would just try. i have a s3 and its on the update. when i got the phone it was rooted running alliance rom. i did the update not thinking and it unrooted it. but when i turn on the phone it comes up the samsung screen with a unlocked symbol at the bottom. when i do root checker it says its not rooted. i have tried all the methods. i tried downgrading but when i do that it fails in odin. i have tried saferoot and it fails and says my kernel is patched. I just need to know if there's no hope lol.

There's no hope for NC1. You have to ODIN back to ML1 and use saferoot.

Sent from the Shark Tank using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
You could try the one from samsung-updates but I don't think it will wipe internal so that can lead to problems. Did you check the md5? Does odin say what happened?

pitbullmommy45245

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I think I saw it on the front page of general or q&a yesterday so its probably still there or on page 2. Couldn't have ran off to far in a day.

k i found it. i did it and checked the md5 sum and i think it worked. its starting up now....lets give it a min lol.....its on the verizon screen lol.....it vibrated lol.....hmmmm.....lalalalala........waiting waiting waiting

It worked!!! Whoop!!!

I have root and now I'm just waiting on alliance Rom to download and then ill be set

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i did and it was good and i forget i tried a few weeks ago. i know it just says failed lol. do you have a link to the file for the modem?

I think I saw it on the front page of general or q&a yesterday so its probably still there or on page 2. Couldn't have ran off to far in a day.