Galaxy S10 Deep Sleep bug

Search This thread

SwordOS

Mar 2, 2017
the asc8 update has been removed from all servers for some reasons

Inviato dal mio SM-G973F utilizzando Tapatalk

Lebrun213

Jun 27, 2018
The battery is definitely MUCH better after this update.

I didn't except Samsung to be so quick at fixing this issue.

Now at 70% battery, considering I woke up 10 hours ago and lost 10% because of the update right after waking up.

2 days ago I would be already at best at 40%

gunemalli

Apr 27, 2009
Colombo
Received an update today morning.
Seems to fix the VoIP call related bug.
Will report back in a few days to test this fully.

more2come

Oct 18, 2010
Standby drain is very good after latest firmware update (S10 Exynos here). I'm losing around 3-4 % over night (8 hrs), not using AOD.

blackgumball

Mar 29, 2018
Re:

Same here, deep sleep fixed in latest update, 3-4% drop during night.:)

Is yours the Snapdragon? I keep seeing all forums with people that have the Exynos. I'm in Texas with the Snapdragon...and I'm worried to update, lol. Dont want my battery to get worse....but now I cant get rid of the notification to update to ASC8. It's almost like I'm going to either have to just keep notification up there, or, take a chance on the update. Does anyone with the Snapdragon notice an improvement on battery?

more2come

Oct 18, 2010
i drop between 6-8% :( my standby isnt great either, im on s10 exynos. mind sharing your settings?

Of course:

- Battery management is set to optimized (adaptive management is disabled)
- AOD is disabled
- Bluetooth enabled
- WLAN enabled (connected to home wifi)

I don't have any special apps installed, so my system is quite "light weight".

blackgumball

Mar 29, 2018
re:

Of course:

- Battery management is set to optimized (adaptive management is disabled)
- AOD is disabled
- Bluetooth enabled
- WLAN enabled (connected to home wifi)

I don't have any special apps installed, so my system is quite "light weight".

I'm going to try and put it in adaptive management before I go to bed tonight to see if that helps. I lose about 1% for device idle overnight...so it went from 100% when I went to sleep last night, to about 93% when I woke up this morning. As others might have mentioned, I don't recall my older phones losing that much power over being idle while I slept.

joaomateus

Mar 6, 2014
I got the s10e two days ago from a Samsung store in Brazil (exynos). Updated the firmware (it looks like version ASC8/ASCA, as seen in the screenshot). However, it looks like I'm suffering from the deep sleep bug. Is it possible that this update for my region doesn't contain the bug fix?View attachment 4738528View attachment 4738529

Edit: after a restart, the phone went to sleep as expected, even after voip calls. However, I'm still noticing a higher than confortable screen off drain (about 2-2.5%/h), but it is getting better with time.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

itssny

Feb 10, 2018
Im on the newsted build (march security update) with my S10 but i dont get deepsleep but it worked some hours ago and after a restart it doesnt work anymore.

I dont know what to do? I fully setup my phone as a new phone no backup! Even wiped chache...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are some users that have been reporting, using apps such as CPU Spy, that the phone does NOT enter a deep sleep state in standby. Some resourceful users over on the S10+ have found the cause of the issue, which is a bug with the proximity sensor. The bug is triggered AFTER entering a VoiP call such as WhatsApp call or Skype, at which point the phone will continue to fail to deep sleep until the next restart.

Thus, in order to fix the issue, in the meantime I recommend restarting after VoiP calls, and report the issue to Samsung through the Members app in hopes of getting it fixed.
    Confirmed bug fixed.
    Snapdragon... No bug
    Interesting, I am guessing this bug is limited to Exynos models? Haven't tried whatsapp or voip calls on my Exynos S10+ yet.

Apparently.
    So far 1hr 32min in deep sleep after reboot. A few calls, SMSes, YouTube, whatsapp messages and web whatsapp used. On battery power for 1hr 45mins so far and 93% left according to AccuBattery.
    My is BTU... I know how to flash manually via odin. But how to flash without loosing data, apps, pictures etc?

If you use the Home_CSC then your data will remain intact like an OTA update. That Odin package is for the normal S10 btw.