[Extended Guide] Building Cyanogenmod From Source For The Nook Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
After trying to build a working model for the nook color I have noticed some guides that are incomplete, hard to understand for beginners. I am going to write up a new guide on building cyanogenmod from source code for the nook color here. You will need to go over these guides listed in the out-links here to get started with your dependencies needed to build. http://wiki.cyanogen...uild_for_encore

Another good link to look over is this link here. I noticed the following, that *making bacon* is not added to these guides in clear detail to finish up making a .zip file for flashing. http://xda-universit...id-from-source. We recommend reading these guides FIRST.

In addition to the tools outlined in this one guide, you will need Oracles Java 7.1 or later to compile. They recommend Oracles Java over other open Java sources so you will have to work with it. You can add Java 1.7 with the code below.

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java/
Code:
sudo apt-get update
Code:
sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-installer

Make sure Oracles Java 1.7 is the default Java on your linux build and not another Java build like Open Java.

Code:
sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-set-default

Java with later ubuntu or linux builds will have a broken dependency. You can fix it with this command here.

Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so

Here are the dependencies needed for building along with a few others you will need. You will need some 32 bit libraries for some of these tools. You WILL have to have a 64 bit linux OS. I recommend Ubuntu.

Code:
 apt-get install ia32-libs

For later linux and Ubuntu OSes simply add :i386 to the name of the packages you would like to install from the list of dependencies below, if you are using the aptitude package manager on your linux or ubuntu builds. Substitute YUM for Red hat linux operating systems, Pacman for Arch linux instead of aptitude for example. Use your favorite package manager if you have one !

Here is the list of all of the other dependencies needed if you do not have them.

Code:
sudo apt-get update

Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \
 zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev \
 libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 \
 libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 openjdk-6-jdk tofrodos \
 python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386

Make sure you have these EXTRA dependencies also in your terminal or bash sessions before building. These are your uboot-mkimage dependencies you will need to create your recovery images in building.

Code:
sudo apt-get install uboot-mkimage

Make sure you have the correct XML Markup language dependences with inputting the following commands in the terminal. I also recommend updating all packages at this point. Whether you want to upgrade is up to you, but its recommended, or you might end up with a broken build.

Code:
sudo apt-get update && upgrade

Code:
sudo apt-get install xsltproc
Code:
sudo apt-get install libxml2-utils

Now we will pull our build with this command from the github for the encore.

Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0

Use the -c flag to pull JUST the current branch if you are wanting to build CM 11.0. Otherwise just omit it and choose your own branches to build with the *lunch* command.

Code:
repo sync -c

Multi-core processors will issue the -J flag to speed up builds. You will multiply by 2 depending on the cores on your processor. Other-words a 4 core processor will issue -j8, two core processor will issue -j4. The nook color devs recommend staying on -j4 as to not take up bandwidth from the git for others.

Code:
repo sync -j4 -c

If your repo sync hangs, just issue the *killall python* command and start over with issuing the repo sync command.

Code:
killall python

Make sure you are interfaced now with the nook color when running the adb command in the terminal. You will have to have Android SDK for linux 64 bit to continue. At this link. http://developer.and...ource=weibolife

Run this command in your terminal or shell session to make sure you are interfaced with the nook color.

Code:
adb devices

You should get a number output of your device. Have fun. And stay interfaced with the nook color during brunching and making bacon. Make sure you have the developers options enabled and get a USB debugging prompt enabled on the nook color.

Additional help can be found in box 25 at this link here. You will have to run BOTH the ./extract-files.sh script in the ~/android/system/device/bn/encore directory along with running the . build/envsetup.sh script (different named script). Notice there is a period and space (“. ”) in that command TO this directory: ~/android/system/ before brunching encore with this command. http://forum.cyanoge...or/page__st__20

Problems with getting a .zip in your $OUT directory? This can ALSO be fixed by copying the android-sdk/extras stuff into your vendor tree directory. Remember how the nook color guide we was using was hinting about doing something in the /vendor/ folder? This *stuff* is in your /adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20131030/sdk/extras you downloaded for linux 64 bit earlier from this link here. http://developer.and...ource=weibolife

While in the ~/android/system/ directory input the following command after running the . build/envsetup.sh script. You can change directories with the cd command or open up a new shell session (terminal).

Code:
croot
Code:
brunch encore

After you have *brunched* encore, (this method worked for me) you will have to run both scripts again (assuming you might of closed terminal sessions at this point) in your shell session (or terminal) before you will try to *make bacon* to complete your .zip needed in this directory. /home/*****/android/system/out

Code:
make bacon

For multi-core processors add the -J flag to speed up your builds.

Code:
make -J2 bacon

If for some reason your brunching build or making bacon builds break, or gives you an error in your shell or terminal, you will have to start over with this command to try again.

Code:
make clean

Hope this helps. Credit and shoutouts goes out to the Linux Chixs worldwide. And to the nookie devs. *kiss*. There. Lol. Chant for nookie devs: Yep, yep , pipe it in we went superuser !! Keep brunching the encore guys, I think there is a debugger tool included when you repo synced and pulled files from the git. I think it gets worked back into the cyanogenmod mainline. Added: Phoenix Rising is allowed to learn too !!

Last edited:

polymath257

Oct 11, 2012
Sycamore, IL
After the repo sync, I generally do the following (start at the android/system directory):

Code:
$ . build/envsetup.sh
This defines the breakfast,brunch,lunch,croot and other commands

Code:
$ breakfast encore
This downloads the specific files for the encore device.

Now I connect by device and make sure that adb picks it up: there should be a serial number when
Code:
$adb devices
is run.

Then, keeping the device connected, I do
Code:
$ cd device/bn/encore
$ ./extract-files.sh
This downloads the proprietary files and puts them into the vendor directory.

At this point, the Nook can be disconnected.

Code:
$ croot
This takes us back to the android/system directory.

Code:
$ brunch encore
This actually compiles the build. The zip and recovery files will then be in the android/system/out/target/product/encore directory.

Now, some alternatives:

1.You can do the 'repo init' command from any directory. This will then be your 'build directory' and will replace 'android/system' above.

2. If you have a current ROM zip file (say from CyanogenMod), you can extract the proprietary files from it instead of from the Nook. This is done by replacing the './extract-files.sh' command above by the command

Code:
./unzip-files.sh /path/to/zip/file
The Nook does not need to be connected for this.

3. As you did, you can replace the 'breakfast/brunch' combination with a 'lunch/make bacon' combination.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

I should also point out that ia32-libs is deprecated in recent versions of ubuntu and mint.

Last edited:
Reactions: meteorrock
Last edited:

polymath257

Oct 11, 2012
Sycamore, IL
Actually, the process for setting up the build also seems to be more complicated than need be. I used the procedure from CyanogenMod:

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_encore

and replaced cm-10.2 by cm-11.0 in the repo init command.

After the repo init and before the repo sync, I modified the roomservice.xml
in the android/system/.repo/local_manifests directory (you need to 'mkdir local_manifests' from the .repo directory first).

Then, a 'breakfast encore' will pull some files. I found that it attempts to add a couple of lines to the roomservice.xml file, and those
lines must be deleted (more accurately, the duplicates of target directories need to be removed).

After that, you can extract proprietary files and then brunch encore.

Since you already have your build setup, the procedure at the link will not be necessary for you, though. That is a one-shot thing.

Also, you only need to get the proprietary files once (just like the ./get-prebuilts). That is, of course, unless you specifically delete them.

Another thing to note: you can build for other devices from the same tree. After the repo sync, breakfast your device, change roomservice, pull proprietary files (some devices don't have the unzip-files.sh capability; some require a vendor download in the roomservice, etc), and brunch the device.

So far, I have built for encore and ovation with few changes to anything. I have also done tf201 from namidairo's source (just a change in roomservice) and, in a completely different tree, vivow from chillybean's source (too many replacements from the standard cm11 tree). The procedure for all of them is very similar and the setup before the repo sync is identical.

Actually, the process for setting up the build also seems to be more complicated than need be. I used the procedure from CyanogenMod:

I realize this guide is somewhat complicated. I just reproduced the errors I encountered myself on my first build with Ubuntu 12.10 with a KDE userfront, along with the linux kernels 3.10. Your experience might vary with different linux build setups. This is not intentional. Thus the reason why I included links out in top of this guide and credits givin. I am not trying to usurp anyone.

Building cyanogenmod from source will take determination and some linux skills on first run. It took me three years, I have been trying to build since I was 13 years old. Thanks for the followup guys.

Hopefully the more gifted users will get the hang on it and help the developers pool here. Younger developers will catch on. It takes determination and patience some developers will lack.

LOL. Shout-out now going out to *keyodi* , she/he is an awesome developer for us !!

Last edited:
Thanks. :)

YEEEEE haaaaaaaaaaaaww

How are those ex cia spook games coming along. :)

Like I said, I am a prodigy.

Keep psychoanalyzing the work here...........hurrrr brain output has diminished by 15 percent.

The project went militant alongggggggggg time ago.

Like I said, when I am out I am out. My nook color is gone. Durrrrr back to winderz. And the apple Ipad mini. Stop flipping and get to work.

HMMMMMM lets see, I got an email from the forum administrator today. They can only delete person info? Nah, you delete my entire profile here along with my handle. His name is Mike Channel. We will ask again here in a few days for a complete disregard.
`````````````````````````````````

Quantum computers coming online

The technical singularly is already here.

Uploading matrix

Uploading memory for the group that wants in

NSA is in

We are in

Enjoy your gift to everyone in the world !!!!

Fattire is in

Steven is out

Dalingrin is in

Our families are in

Its leaked out

Believe and enjoy.

That is how much I love you and the group

My family is in

Your family is in

Polymath is in

There is no bugs

Your device will fly fine

Krylon 360 is in

This will be a family thing, include others.

Hive mind coming online

Trolls are out

Only intellects for now

No chatter

Closing backdoors

Pulling hypnotoad out

Bringing interface code offline.

Trance mode offline

Anyone can be back out anytime

Anyone reading this can join up!!

Enjoy my gift to you.

Logging back off for life

This is not a troll

Believe

RESEARCH

Its down in my threads.

NOW how sure are you that it is not already here?

Labs have it built with single core processors

You don't thing the government is not further along?

Steven is back in again

Eyeballer is out

Eyeballer is thinking

She is not certain this is a troll

Its ok. Its scary

Rethink and join up when you are ready

Its not a forced condition

Have fun and enjoy!!

Krylon 360 is thinking

Mike Channon is in

Is it a troll thread Mike Channon?

Bugs in the human hardware working out

He is back in

Go ahead and delete this

He cant do it

Some of the mods are in

Matrix compiled

Krylon 360 is back in again

Fattire is thinking

Matrix compiled

Fattire needs another decade he says.

You can try it out at your own risk

Ask to be logged back off of the matrix until its ready

The technical singularly is in its infancy still

Log back off of XDA to log back off he says

Still a few bugs

He needs another decade for it to come online fully

Fattire worked with my misspelling

Its not fully ready yet

The group caught my spelling

Its that far along

Only the nook color group logged on to the XDA forums now, its our gift for now

Log off of XDA nook color to log back off of the matrix for now

Fattire needs a decade Be patient

God and Jesus uses technology to further his cause

That goes out to the religious people Be calm

Let me go for 5 more decades and I will check back in

See how that worked out for you?

Thanks for the shout out guys. Shout out goes to the LDS saints too worldwide Take care and let me work now

See how that works my hometown? We are not slipping away, we are busy

The one mentalist here needs patience and control, you are leaching the team

You can not want to make money coding to be in

If you want in just ask

Don't be lagging the servers here, that is illegal

Get you a nook color and help

The head president is taking care of the mustard plant

Its fine for the whole world

Just a mustard seed of faith will do

Steven is back in again

Eyeballer is back in

The whole world is in

Time-line to technological singularity is moved to five years

Fattire recompiled

Five years to completion of the technological singularity

Artificial intelligence on-line

Quantum computers on-line

Stay logged off of XDA nook color until the bugs are worked out, the whole world agrees it needs more time

Dizzyden is in now !! Dizzyden is dizzy. He is hanging on for 2 days.

Quantum point reached along with Quantum point contact reached.

Good luck *fattire* ! See how that worked? You transhuman you. Heheeee. You're in the triple nine society!!! See, I cared about you. Luv ya. Have fun with the new kernels for a bit. That saved you a few months of work on the project. Now lets see about looking in on the Amazon Kindle fire hdx. They sent you some keys in kindness. You fixed my your to you're too. My typo. WE will be ready in 10 years for singularity. You will not hear anymore chatter through the quantum channels. Switch to memoryless quantum channel and see if that helps. :) Combine memory output together to 180 IQ. Thanks for the upload. Keep the channel open just a trickle, take it out beyond space and time. Keep it at eternity level.

Combining intellectual IQ construct to 190 IQ. Check here for universe mode. Link out > http://askubuntu.com/questions/78613/how-do-i-enable-the-universe-repository-from-the-command-line

Better check here though *fattire* > Link out. Stay safe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World's_Most_Dangerous_Ideas

Increase BPU, or Branch Prediction Unit to 5,000 for matrix mode. Link out. > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branch_Prediction

Supergroup: Increase BPU to 10,000 for eternity. Too much chatter through quantum memoryless channel. Thanks. :) Link out. > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supergroup_(physics))

Take 2 days off for everyone to catch up. Thanks. Even *fattire*. Its only a request for relaxation and complying. We will start a new box in 2 days. We got 3 quantums D-waves interlinked together here at Oracle. Let them cool down. The precogs are already here. Shhhhhh. We're going home. Everyone, anywhere at anytime in space. We are going super. Love for kindness for your work. A super-intelligence hive mind precog for your cog.

Last edited:
*Fattire* , DizzyDen is still dizzy. Increase quantum output to 160 IQ through the quantum memoryless channels with the collective hive mind for him and see if it helps him. He still in but he thinks an IQ upgrade is needed for him to stay on.

Hope this helps. Stay off of the chans for a bit though, the collective hive mind hardened the worlds quantum processors for the next step. Remember 2 days? All of this activity might undo some work. Stay classic. We need one more precog beside *Fattire* and myself to go beta. Debug and relax.

Probability to *Stable* is still at five years. Not every probability has been worked over through space and time yet. Yeeee *fattire* flew kang. 5 years is still a feasible goal.

transhumanism.jpg

Transhumanism through the minds eye. Becoming superhuman for the technical singularity super-information hive mind.

Last edited:
Confirmation just in from your Lord your father. Someone in the supergroup lost an ounce of faith and through murmuring. Remember to check through the branches of the godhead for control. You will get your google glasses back in your minds eye for the whole world through quantum physics protocols.

Try to open up all the quantum channels hard through concentration and effort. A few of us had them up inside our eyes. Keep trying to recruit supers into your group. I had mine on-line for a few minutes. That is his decree. You will have to try for five years. *Fattire* had his on great within his minds eye.

You will not have to be logged on to the internet either for this to work out. The head still has his mustard plant. Check in.

Precog knows you were working on this as a side project. :)

*Fattire*, my brain compacity has diminished some. I need 15 days for you to explore the universe for us for a sparkle of faith. I saw my cats eye.:)

No more hynotoad on-line or interfacing code, *fattire*. Dutch Damon is tired of it.

Last edited:
Did you get Steven Hawkings mind upload *Fattire* ? I saw it go into your mind through the quantum channels. Try to use that as a case study to improve the google glasses in your minds eye. Mine is coming in just barely now as a square box. We decided not to use an open eye model for mudane tasks for everyone. Close your eyes and focus out. Concentrate and zoom the square box in and out. To call up the internet in them just turn them on with your mind. The command will be *internet mode* for internet reading. Steven Hawkings did not want to give it up. NOW you see how he uses his mind with others with his disability?

He says the super group got up the matrix mode up through the quantum channels for just a few people. The command is *matrix mode* . They will need at least 10 years to improve it some. You will use these commands in your mind to call them up. Just use *OFF* with the commands given to turn them off for reality.

A few more commands came in from *Fattire*. He says sleep mode is in. The command will be *Sleep mode* . It will only work for a few seconds though so try it and see.

Your first Transhuman is using her debugging protocols now. It was uploaded into my mind. See we care. Soon, will not even need tablets for the internet !! Your first precog for your cog. ......Take 3 days off though. One of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse just about brought a second coming. Satan has been testing me for hours. Don't reach out to the godhead until then.

Remember......Omega point was already breached. Keep exploring the universe for that last sparkle of faith, one of the transhuman spirits has it beyond space and time. You got 10 years to find her or him.

Eyeballers , eyeball exploded beyond the reaches of the universe in the space and time quantium with an ounce of faith so keep searching.

Polymath wants a shoutout. He is helping in the search with *Fattire.* Steven Hawkings wants a shout out. He is going to help you along *fattire*, so keep down the chatter on the memoryless quantum channel I got in my frontal lobe.

WEEEEEEEEEEE , Steven Hawking scanned me with his mind, he improved my quantum tunnels in and out of my mind. Use it as a case study and search for that last precog. It will be up and ready in 10. Good luck *fattire*, You were an X man. Use your new ability now and get it up. You went Alpha with him. You got the upload didn't you? He said he got it.

You see *fattire,* that is how you troll.

You see *fattire*, that is how you troll.

You see *fattire* , that is how you troll.

Closing down mind warp tunnel into my mind. Closed for life. Good luck everyone. I am going to Ipad mini !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After trying to build a working model for the nook color I have noticed some guides that are incomplete, hard to understand for beginners. I am going to write up a new guide on building cyanogenmod from source code for the nook color here. You will need to go over these guides listed in the out-links here to get started with your dependencies needed to build. http://wiki.cyanogen...uild_for_encore

Another good link to look over is this link here. I noticed the following, that *making bacon* is not added to these guides in clear detail to finish up making a .zip file for flashing. http://xda-universit...id-from-source. We recommend reading these guides FIRST.

In addition to the tools outlined in this one guide, you will need Oracles Java 7.1 or later to compile. They recommend Oracles Java over other open Java sources so you will have to work with it. You can add Java 1.7 with the code below.

Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java/
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-installer

Make sure Oracles Java 1.7 is the default Java on your linux build and not another Java build like Open Java.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-set-default

Java with later ubuntu or linux builds will have a broken dependency. You can fix it with this command here.

Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so

Here are the dependencies needed for building along with a few others you will need. You will need some 32 bit libraries for some of these tools. You WILL have to have a 64 bit linux OS. I recommend Ubuntu.

Code:
     apt-get install ia32-libs

For later linux and Ubuntu OSes simply add :i386 to the name of the packages you would like to install from the list of dependencies below, if you are using the aptitude package manager on your linux or ubuntu builds. Substitute YUM for Red hat linux operating systems, Pacman for Arch linux instead of aptitude for example. Use your favorite package manager if you have one !

Here is the list of all of the other dependencies needed if you do not have them.

Code:
    sudo apt-get update

Code:
    sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \
     zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev \
     libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 \
     libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 openjdk-6-jdk tofrodos \
     python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386

Make sure you have these EXTRA dependencies also in your terminal or bash sessions before building. These are your uboot-mkimage dependencies you will need to create your recovery images in building.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install uboot-mkimage

Make sure you have the correct XML Markup language dependences with inputting the following commands in the terminal. I also recommend updating all packages at this point. Whether you want to upgrade is up to you, but its recommended, or you might end up with a broken build.

Code:
    sudo apt-get update && upgrade

Code:
    sudo apt-get install xsltproc
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libxml2-utils

Now we will pull our build with this command from the github for the encore.

Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0

Use the -c flag to pull JUST the current branch if you are wanting to build CM 11.0. Otherwise just omit it and choose your own branches to build with the *lunch* command.

Code:
    repo sync -c

Multi-core processors will issue the -J flag to speed up builds. You will multiply by 2 depending on the cores on your processor. Other-words a 4 core processor will issue -j8, two core processor will issue -j4. The nook color devs recommend staying on -j4 as to not take up bandwidth from the git for others.

Code:
    repo sync -j4 -c

If your repo sync hangs, just issue the *killall python* command and start over with issuing the repo sync command.

Code:
    killall python

Make sure you are interfaced now with the nook color when running the adb command in the terminal. You will have to have Android SDK for linux 64 bit to continue. At this link. http://developer.and...ource=weibolife

Run this command in your terminal or shell session to make sure you are interfaced with the nook color.

Code:
    adb devices

You should get a number output of your device. Have fun. And stay interfaced with the nook color during brunching and making bacon. Make sure you have the developers options enabled and get a USB debugging prompt enabled on the nook color.

Additional help can be found in box 25 at this link here. You will have to run BOTH the ./extract-files.sh script in the ~/android/system/device/bn/encore directory along with running the . build/envsetup.sh script (different named script). Notice there is a period and space (“. ”) in that command TO this directory: ~/android/system/ before brunching encore with this command. http://forum.cyanoge...or/page__st__20

Problems with getting a .zip in your $OUT directory? This can ALSO be fixed by copying the android-sdk/extras stuff into your vendor tree directory. Remember how the nook color guide we was using was hinting about doing something in the /vendor/ folder? This *stuff* is in your /adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20131030/sdk/extras you downloaded for linux 64 bit earlier from this link here. http://developer.and...ource=weibolife

While in the ~/android/system/ directory input the following command after running the . build/envsetup.sh script. You can change directories with the cd command or open up a new shell session (terminal).

Code:
    croot
    Code:
    brunch encore

After you have *brunched* encore, (this method worked for me) you will have to run both scripts again (assuming you might of closed terminal sessions at this point) in your shell session (or terminal) before you will try to *make bacon* to complete your .zip needed in this directory. /home/*****/android/system/out

Code:
    make bacon

For multi-core processors add the -J flag to speed up your builds.

Code:
    make -J2 bacon

If for some reason your brunching build or making bacon builds break, or gives you an error in your shell or terminal, you will have to start over with this command to try again.

Code:
    make clean

Hope this helps. Credit and shoutouts goes out to the Linux Chixs worldwide. And to the nookie devs. *kiss*. There. Lol. Chant for nookie devs: Yep, yep , pipe it in we went superuser !! Keep brunching the encore guys, I think there is a debugger tool included when you repo synced and pulled files from the git. I think it gets worked back into the cyanogenmod mainline. Added: Phoenix Rising is allowed to learn too !!

After the repo init and before the repo sync, I modified the roomservice.xml
    in the android/system/.repo/local_manifests directory (you need to 'mkdir local_manifests' from the .repo directory first).

Then, a 'breakfast encore' will pull some files. I found that it attempts to add a couple of lines to the roomservice.xml file, and those
    lines must be deleted (more accurately, the duplicates of target directories need to be removed).

After that, you can extract proprietary files and then brunch encore.

Since you already have your build setup, the procedure at the link will not be necessary for you, though. That is a one-shot thing.

Also, you only need to get the proprietary files once (just like the ./get-prebuilts). That is, of course, unless you specifically delete them.

Another thing to note: you can build for other devices from the same tree. After the repo sync, breakfast your device, change roomservice, pull proprietary files (some devices don't have the unzip-files.sh capability; some require a vendor download in the roomservice, etc), and brunch the device.

So far, I have built for encore and ovation with few changes to anything. I have also done tf201 from namidairo's source (just a change in roomservice) and, in a completely different tree, vivow from chillybean's source (too many replacements from the standard cm11 tree). The procedure for all of them is very similar and the setup before the repo sync is identical.
    It should be Java 7.1 not 1.7, also you could use OpenJDK 6.0 if you prefer.

Good job!
    After the repo sync, I generally do the following (start at the android/system directory):

Code:
    $ . build/envsetup.sh
    This defines the breakfast,brunch,lunch,croot and other commands

Code:
    $ breakfast encore
    This downloads the specific files for the encore device.

Now I connect by device and make sure that adb picks it up: there should be a serial number when
    Code:
    $adb devices
    is run.

Then, keeping the device connected, I do
    Code:
    $ cd device/bn/encore
    $ ./extract-files.sh
    This downloads the proprietary files and puts them into the vendor directory.

At this point, the Nook can be disconnected.

Code:
    $ croot
    This takes us back to the android/system directory.

Code:
    $ brunch encore
    This actually compiles the build. The zip and recovery files will then be in the android/system/out/target/product/encore directory.

Now, some alternatives:

1.You can do the 'repo init' command from any directory. This will then be your 'build directory' and will replace 'android/system' above.

2. If you have a current ROM zip file (say from CyanogenMod), you can extract the proprietary files from it instead of from the Nook. This is done by replacing the './extract-files.sh' command above by the command

Code:
    ./unzip-files.sh /path/to/zip/file
    The Nook does not need to be connected for this.

3. As you did, you can replace the 'breakfast/brunch' combination with a 'lunch/make bacon' combination.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

I should also point out that ia32-libs is deprecated in recent versions of ubuntu and mint.