Screen capture app for Atrix *Updated 9/14*

Search This thread

andri2805

Oct 10, 2009
Still no luck getting screenshots with 0.85 for my 2.3.5 Atrix, but the page 8 version works great. So great I managed to use this app to settle a dispute after I was charged for a "new" int HDD after bad sectors started showing up.
Used the screenshots to identify nothing had been changed, just reset, the thieving coonts.
Thanks loads, mr. dev!

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

dk-v1

Dec 28, 2011
Baton Rouge
Not sure if this is even the right place to post this...

Atrix 2 2.3.6
Stock (No root, OC, mods)

When trying to use Screen Grabber while in an application it pops up with, "unknown error aquiring image from device."

Any ideas, help?

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
Try going into settings -> advanced and un-check the "use root" option

Not sure if this is even the right place to post this...

Atrix 2 2.3.6
Stock (No root, OC, mods)

When trying to use Screen Grabber while in an application it pops up with, "unknown error aquiring image from device."

Any ideas, help?

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
Oh, I just realized you are using the Atrix 2. This app was specifically written for the OG Atrix (even though it does work on some other phones, YMMV) :(

Should've put all that.

I have the settings correct. The app used to work fine...even after the 2.3.6 update.

Uninstalled, restarted, n reinstall. Still not working.
Sent from my MB865 using XDA App

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
Well, you said you were running 2.3.6, right? That would be the new OTA that went out a few days ago? Something in the update might have broke it.

Have you tried the one that I linked to a few posts back?

Yes I understand it is for the original ATRIX. But, any ideas on why it just stopped working? Or how to get it working again?

dk-v1

Dec 28, 2011
Baton Rouge
Yeah, I tried the other page 8 one. No luck... Mayne another app is interfering?

Well, you said you were running 2.3.6, right? That would be the new OTA that went out a few days ago? Something in the update might have broke it.

Have you tried the one that I linked to a few posts back?

crazyVII

Jul 16, 2008
doesnt currently work.. :((

Hey... tried it without and with root on my device.

Doesn't currently work..

Unknown error getting screen capture or something like that..
can post a Logcat output if needed..

Anyone else knows an app which is able to take delayed screenshot ..

I'm using a cyagenmod rom.. :)
I can take screenshots :))
But id need a little bigger delay...

Cheers mike

mindphaze

Feb 22, 2011
Hey, I'm using cyanogenmode also =) I never tried to get it working with cyanogen mod since they already had their own screen capture built in. You could probably make it work if you copied the fbread file from the stock rom and put it in same location in cyanogenmod.

If someone could post that file then I could check if it works. It should be in /system/bin/

Reactions: crazyVII

dragontology

Dec 29, 2010
North Carolina
Thanks mindphaze. This is now my favorite screenshot app.

I was using 'screenshot' for the longest time, but then it started getting bundled with ads/adware (?) and I dropped it for AndroSS, but that has a couple quirks and the developer seems to have abandoned it. This does everything I want, and long-pressing Search is a nice touch. Also, I can put it on my wife's phone, and she doesn't have to root to get it.

Confirmed working on Electrify 2.3.5, but then again, I'm already rooted. I will confirm it works on the same type of phone (my wife's) without root, later.

//edit: Confirmed working on non-rooted Electrify on US Cellular running 2.3.5 and everything stock. Nice.

Last edited:

crazyVII

Jul 16, 2008
Hey, I'm using cyanogenmode also =) I never tried to get it working with cyanogen mod since they already had their own screen capture built in. You could probably make it work if you copied the fbread file from the stock rom and put it in same location in cyanogenmod.

If someone could post that file then I could check if it works. It should be in /system/bin/

hey, thanks for the response... :=)
would someone maybe pls be sone kind? (with a stock rom)..

one more question, u're already here,
do you sometimes have some headphone jack problems.. like, sound stopping as if the cable was disconnected, playing and don't hear anything (in this context) .. because it seems to be connected, but isnt actually, or something in between ;)

thats the only issue i have with cyagenmod :=) (but i really love it..)

leodis

Dec 22, 2009
Cologno monzese
Hey guys,

I wrote a screen capture app that works for my Atrix since I couldn't find one that worked that was on the market. Here is the first version so I am looking for suggestions/bugs/improvements, etc.

I've only tested it on the atrix because that is the only phone I have, but if you guys could test it on other phones and let me know if it works or not on them, then that would be great.

Edit: Finally posting a new version. *Should* address most of the issues/requests I've seen unless I forgot something. Still haven't had a chance to test on any other devices but it will actually display errors now so I can see why the devices are failing.

Version:
0.6 - Fixed some bugs, screenshots should show up right away in gallery now, added an option to shutdown the services after grabbing the screenshot.
0.8 - Fixed shake sensor bug, added option to invert colors to fix colors for some devices, and service should stay on after reboots.
0.85 - Fixes for some crash reports. Better support for other devices.

Also, I finally added the app to market for those who want to get automatic app updates. I'll still post newest versions here for those that prefer to download from xda.

Market link

Thanks, works great on my wildfire, inverting the colors in the settings, and even if the screenshot of my cyano 7.2 is completely offset

Last edited:

abbots

Apr 26, 2011
Sydney
share after screen grab?

thanks for the screen grabber,
feature suggestion:
please consider adding 'share after screen grab'

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I wrote a screen capture app that works for my Atrix since I couldn't find one that worked that was on the market. Here is the first version so I am looking for suggestions/bugs/improvements, etc.

I've only tested it on the atrix because that is the only phone I have, but if you guys could test it on other phones and let me know if it works or not on them, then that would be great.

Edit: Finally posting a new version. *Should* address most of the issues/requests I've seen unless I forgot something. Still haven't had a chance to test on any other devices but it will actually display errors now so I can see why the devices are failing.

Version:
    0.6 - Fixed some bugs, screenshots should show up right away in gallery now, added an option to shutdown the services after grabbing the screenshot.
    0.8 - Fixed shake sensor bug, added option to invert colors to fix colors for some devices, and service should stay on after reboots.
    0.85 - Fixes for some crash reports. Better support for other devices.

Also, I finally added the app to market for those who want to get automatic app updates. I'll still post newest versions here for those that prefer to download from xda.

Market link

update: I haven't had time to work on the app at all lately so if anybody wants the source to fix any bugs or improvements then you can get it from https://bitbucket.org/mindphaze/screen-grabber
    Sorry I've been busy with work lately so the next update has been slower than I hoped, but I should have a new version ready sometime this week. It should have most of the requests I've seen, such as better icon, exit button, long-press search support, output folder settings and notification that a screenshot was taken.

If there is anything I am missing you'd like added besides those then let me know.
    can someone give me an example path to a internal storage folder for output folder?
    thanks

/mnt/sdcard/screenshots is default internal. /mnt/sdcard-ext/screenshots would be for actual sdcard

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App
    Could please add an option to disable the service if you press on it in the notification bar? Shaking and search button are enough possibilities for me to take a screenshot but stop the service could be more convenient.

I'm not sure about this request as it it easy enough to disable the service in the main screen. I'll think about it if I get any more requests about it. Thanks
    props!!! thanks a lot bro