(Q) Has anybody loaded linux on this, and does dual booting work?

Search This thread

JeramyEggs

Jan 4, 2011
Charleston Il
Like the title says, has anyone tried out dual booting, and linux on this bad boy? I will be getting this in a couple of weeks, and wanted to know these two questions. Thanks

Edit: Just to clarify, dual booting two android roms, and linux by the way of linux installer on the playstore.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

WyoSi

Jan 26, 2012
There isn't yet a multi slot bootloader, but it is being worked on.

I'm running Linux using the Linux installer from xda, also on the Play store. Works great with all of the current Linux distros on the app.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: JeramyEggs

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
I set up Linux a week ago just for fun. Deleted it cause I have no clue what to do with Linux, but it ran quite nicely

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

WyoSi

Jan 26, 2012
Yes, it has networking support
Backtrac won't let you do a lot of the security things is meant for, but that's am issue with the hardware not supporting the necessary modes not the software being incompletely ported.

But Ubuntu runs flawlessly for me. Nice to have GIMP and such on my phone when I need it; which is rare but still nice to have.

You do realize that Linux runs as an "app" so you don't reboot into Linux, you launch it from a widget or from you all drawer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There isn't yet a multi slot bootloader, but it is being worked on.

I'm running Linux using the Linux installer from xda, also on the Play store. Works great with all of the current Linux distros on the app.