Spice Mi-355 Stellar Craze (4.0 ICS Ready)

Better than Samsung Galaxy Y?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

DraXonic

Sep 26, 2012
IIT Varanasi
OnePlus 7
You just wrote you tried with GB baseband?
How can one try an ICS/JB based kernel ROM on GB based mate ? :p

There it is for baseband...

Sent from my Spice Mi-355 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

U just said u failed to update baseband from stock :confused:

Sent from my A7+ using xda app-developers app

i am on stock rom not on stock baseband

prasad12ka4

There it is for baseband...

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

i am on stock rom not on stock baseband

Decide first..
Once you say you fail to update baseband..
Next you say JB ROM was tried on GB..
How can you do that mate? Even you know it wont work..

suraj9953

Jan 28, 2013
SPICE MI285 CWM ROM or Original Zip.File

that too dint worked
can u upload stock rom of spice mi355?

Sent from my Spice stellar craze using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

this phone is very good at gaming
i m enjoying assasins creed,ftontline commando,riptide hp,raging thunder 2 ,tank hero,helium boy and temple run
buttery smooth perfomance
i will be trying batman (1.7gb) today and then tell u if it works or not

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

u can also play nes roms like mario,contra,adventure island and many more with help of emulaters

DEAR sir/friends plz any 1 provide i SPice Mi285 Original bacup or CWM file

DraXonic

Sep 26, 2012
IIT Varanasi
OnePlus 7
DEAR sir/friends plz any 1 provide i SPice Mi285 Original bacup or CWM file

This thread is not of spice mi285

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

Now what error your facing?
And how did you downgrade?

Even i dont know about error i m on windows 8 and trying to upgrade from same baseband files that was working 5 days back i am getting success over nperg>>ok m sry i dont know exact word of that:p and then bp down load fail error..:(

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Now what error your facing?
And how did you downgrade?

Don't worry i will make a tut to update/downgrade baseband and also on how to use ics/jb/gb roms of a5/a7 on spicemi355

prasad12ka4

Even i dont know about error i m on windows 8 and trying to upgrade from same baseband files that was working 5 days back i am getting success over nperg>>ok m sry i dont know exact word of that:p and then bp down load fail error..:(

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Don't worry i will make a tut to update/downgrade baseband and also on how to use ics/jb/gb roms of a5/a7 on spicemi355

There is nothing for me to worry about.
The thing is, if you were able to downgrade earlier, you should now..
If the partition is corrupt it will show the error.

prasad12ka4

Last edited:

prasad12ka4

[TUTORIAL] Return to GB after ICS

This tutorial will help you return to Gb 2.3.6

1. First download bp v3025: Download

2. Tool loader for baseband

Turn off mobile
Restart by simultaneously pressing the Power key + Volume down to into QPST Entry mode
Download Right click on My Computer and choose Manage.
Left-click Device Manager,
check the connection between port smart one and PC COM port.
In Figure is COM3 Click left on Device Manager
song1.gif

Open fastboot1.0.2.4.exe
Port: You enter the COM port number connected at the top.
BP SW Path: Select path to link folders WCDMA_V3025
Click Download to the free software update
song3.jpg

3. Reinstall CWM of A5 Eng
4. Restore the stock ROM or up rom XPERIA (note format and full wipe)
5. After retore and up Dalvik wipe and wipe battery 1 again
6. Reboot the phone and experience with the above.

prasad12ka4

[ROM] ICS FTP 8 ROM 4.0.4 / Update Tools

1. Stock Baseband :
2. Update to baseband:
3. Additional BP Files if faulty:
4. Fastboot Update Tool:
5. ROM: Download
6. Extract ROM in RAR format.
7. Install ROM Tool: Download
8. Power off phone, then press at the same time the volume up key and power key until screen appears green, hands off, connect your phone with the computer cable.
9. run file QUALFAST2.0.4 (Factory). exe then follow the instructions.
10. Press Sel Path and then only to the folder F8-ICS-ver3 unpacked in click OK,
11. The software will proceed to format the whole phone (do not format the memory card) and then proceed to load the rom.
12. This process takes time.
13. See the message as Cancel button to end the most successful , disconnect the USB cable, remove the battery and then restart .
14. First boot bootanimation screen a bit longer then, a range of 3 to 5 minutes Next, you complete a set number of original google account
15. Your sim must have a 3G connection, or, you just press skip.
16. Sony Bravia for ICS sharper screen

harmanothee

Oct 24, 2012
amritsar
touch not working.. on galaxy rom.

prasad. touch is not working on my Stellar Craze. after installing galaxy rom. moreover camera apk. demand for password to unlock file and no password is mentioned on thread. so plz tell me the solution if u have thnx.

prasad12ka4

prasad. touch is not working on my Stellar Craze. after installing galaxy rom. moreover camera apk. demand for password to unlock file and no password is mentioned on thread. so plz tell me the solution if u have thnx.
Use your boot.img from orignal GB ROM if touch not working..
Also for password PM me :)

harmanothee

Oct 24, 2012
amritsar
nice rom.

prasad thnx for valuable help. i flashed galaxy rom. great rom. screen is lil sharper as compare to stock rom. moreover i got 170mb free internal memmory and around 315 mb ram.

Reactions: vivek.pandu

vivek.pandu

Feb 24, 2013
Hyderabad
spice mi 355

i am new to XDA.plz help me out about this xperia rom. which xperia rom is that ?

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

prasad thnx for valuable help. i flashed galaxy rom. great rom. screen is lil sharper as compare to stock rom. moreover i got 170mb free internal memmory and around 315 mb ram.

actually what is this bravia thing i didnt get that plz help me out i dont knw how to install it i am little confused here actually i am try but in my windows 8 the drivers are not installing.. plz help me harmanothee

prasad12ka4

i am new to XDA.plz help me out about this xperia rom. which xperia rom is that ?

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

actually what is this bravia thing i didnt get that plz help me out i dont knw how to install it i am little confused here actually i am try but in my windows 8 the drivers are not installing.. plz help me harmanothee
Win 8 Drivers on 1st page 1st post...
Any assistance PM me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Spice Mi355 ICS Patch

MOMENT for which every single spice user was waiting here is a patch will for spice mi355 to run every single ics rom of a5 a7 a7+ and all
    Here
    Mirror
    Guide
    Just install any ics rom of above phones and then this patch

Some user said that Patch is not working on few roms may be just 1 or 2 roms so i Posted another patch with just boot.img Replacement and if there is any problem in your rom then that will be there..
    Hit thanks First then download it
    Ics for mi-355

Get ready for ics (unofficial)
    Just pray that basic things works on the ics which m gonna flash. So we can make a better rom

Yeah bro! I have made it.
    Now I am using ICS in my Mi-355 at last!
    And its great.
    Only Camera is not working.
    If you can consider your camera does not matter for few days then you can have it.
    I think Arjun can certainly make camera working within few days. And I will personally request him. I am sure he can.
    And I want to give this credit to Prasad , Senior Member - OP of Karbonn Mobile A5 & A7 (Android 2.3.6) forum. He brought this rom for a5 after searching from several chinese sites.

NOW I AM GOING TO EXPLAIN THE TOTAL PROCEDURE AS ELABORATE AS POSSIBLE:
    ______________________________________________________________________________

A. First of all Our Mi-355 is a cross product of Karbonn A5 (or K-touch w619) and Karbonn A7 (or K-touch w650)
    Basically our Mi-355 is A5 in all aspect except Camera. The camera features are borrewed from A7!!

B. Its really a big day for me. Cause I soft-bricked my mi-355 in the morning and then I repaired it and now I have successfully made it!

C. And its original ICS. Cause you need to upgrate your baseband to ics. Otherwise you can not use it.
    And while you will go through the procedure you will realise it.

D. NOW THE PROCEDURE:
    ---------------------------------------

You need to downoad several files. So get Ready.
    I will also provide the procedure to downgrade to GB if you do not like ICS.

Download all these files:
    FOR UPGRADING TO ICS:
    --------------------------------
    a. http://www.mediafire.com/?m83aryyke175ax7 (F8-ICS2.zip 118 MB)
    b. http://www.mediafire.com/?64oa1ir9916zrb7 ((AP+BP)_ICS_S01.rar 177 MB)
    c. http://www.mediafire.com/?w3bolq2t2bkm2b7 (NPRG7627A.zip 164 KB)
    d. http://www.mediafire.com/?1upb0iaeyr0i1u6 (FastBoot v1.0.2.4.rar a 4.75 MB)
    e. http://www.mediafire.com/?1okbodm6pa8xu7l (Driver-S01.rar 2.62MB}

FOR GOING BACK TO GB:
    --------------------------------
    f. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/57623302/Android/591316_8376_WCDMA_V3025.zip
    g. No download. Just create your own CWM backup of your current gb ROM.

Now do exactly what I am saying. Otherwise you will have to understant settings they have already preseted.

a. In your mobile settings tick on usb debugging mode.
    b. Now place the F8-ICS2.zip file in your memory-card.
    c. Extract FastBoot v1.0.2.4.rar at any place. In this fastboot folder you will find a file Setting.ini. open it using notepad. Here you will find a line “DownLoad_Path=d:\Work\fastboot(BP+AP)\fastboot”
    This is very essential. The line signifies the BP SW path when you execute fastboot1.0.2.4.exe. This path has been pre-assigned. So you need to follow this path. Or modify the line with a path of suitable suitable empty folder. And save it. Re-check it. Make sure that you have created an emty folder according to the exact/modified path.
    d. Now what about the empty folder? Wait.
    e. Extract (AP+BP)_ICS_S01.rar at any place. Navigate to the extracted folder. Here you will find a folder “591357_8376_WCDMA_V0005”. First you need to extract “NPRG7627A.zip” in this folder. Now navigate to this folder and copy all the contents and paste it to the empty folder you have created in step 3.c. actually these files are required for updating base-band.
    f. Now switch-off your mobile. Press power+volume down key to enter “ENTRY QPST DOWNLOAD MODE”
    g. Plug the phone to PC using USB cable. The computer will prompt to install its driver. Installation usually goes well. if any it shows any red cross mark then you will require to update driver. Just extract the downloaded Driver-so1.rar in your desktop. And go to device manager. Expand Ports (COM & LPT). There you should see” Spice HS-USB Diagnostics 9025(COM…..)”. Note down this com port. IF the com port shows any yellow? mark then right click on it, select “update driver software” and then select “Browse my computer for driver Software” and assign the path to “Driver-s01” folder. That’s it.
    h. Now you are ready to upgrade your base-band. Just double click on fastboot1.0.2.4.exe which is in fastboot folder. In the BP Port write down the com port you have just wrote down and in the BP SW path browse it to that empty folder you created in step no. 3.c and which is now filled with “591357_8376_WCDMA_V0005” folder contents.
    i. Now press download. If everything is ok then a message will immediately pop-up . now wait for few seconds for the process to complete. It will update your baseband and phone will re-boot in a strange screen. Its ok.
    j. Unplug the mobile. Remove battery. And now attach battery and go to cwm recovery mode. From here select “install from memory card” and select F8-ICS2.zip.
    k. Now select “restart system now”
    l. Your phone will have original ics rom now.
    m. I advise you to do a immediate reboot for better experience.
    NOW IF YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO GB THE FOLLOW THE STEPS:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    a. You need to downgrade your baseband. Follow the same procedure from 3.a to 3.i. just you need to empty the folder you have filled with “591357_8376_WCDMA_V0005” folder contents and re-fill it with extracted “591316_8376_WCDMA_V3025.zip”
    b. Now go to cwm recovery and select “backup and Restore” and then select restore point and press power button.

I think I am clear enough. If you stuck at any step read the procedure again and again. You will eventually get it.

Thanks for reading this whole document.
    Good news for Mi355
    BM4.1 is ready to rock on our phone
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39433020

Sent from my Spice-Mi355 using xda app-developers app
    Spice Mi-355 Stellar Craze

Stellar-Craze-1.jpg

Hands On Review

All discussions to be kept here

Official Drivers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Development
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note: Beyond this point at your own risk

Stock Nandroid Backup (Unrooted Stock ROM) (Credit: siddharth353)

Root Unroot (Credit: souravmohuri)

ROOTing Kit (CWM) (Credit: jaydvn)

[ROM] Rooted (A7)

Splash Screen Creator (Credit: ankush38u)

create a cwm zip (Credit: ankush38u)

Key Layout Backup (Credit: souravmohuri)

[ROM] MIUI (Credit: rjunraj)

[ROM] ICS 4.0.4 (Credit: souravmohuri)

Stock Splash Img (Credit: souravmohuri)

[ROM] K Touch Smart One (Stock ROM)

[ROM] IOS7 ROM (Credit: rjunraj) Closed Thread

[Recovery] TeamWin Touch Recovery V2.3.1.1 (Credit: himaloyee)

[Recovery] TeamWin Touch Recovery V2.3.1.1 - English (Credit: shreyans4020)

[ROM] Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Trail ROM for A5 (Working On Craze)

[ROM] Sony Xperia ROM

[ROM] Galaxy ROM & Bravia Engine

[ROM] Jelly Bean ROM W650

[ROM] Rom Aliyun (2.3.6)

[TUTORIAL] Return to GB after ICS

[ROM] ICS FTP 8 ROM 4.0.4 / Update Tools

[ROM] KIOS_ICS_REFRESH

[ROM] XION ROM (Credit: deadlyindian)

[ROM] CyanogenMod 10

[ROM] ICS 4.0.3 (MOD) Mi-355

[ROM]Backstreet Mod(Credit: shreyans4020)

MOD edit

[MOD] ICS + Camera (boot.img) (credit: centerback29 & shreyans4020)

[ROM] ICS SMART TOUCH Final (Credit: Kyo Nguyen)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thread Rules:
    1. No Argument
    2. No hate speech
    3. No Abuse
    4. Respect other members
    5. New members to be helped and guided
    6. Search before posting
    7. Test before posting any ROM,Tweak,Patch,MOD,etc
    8. For the rest of rules click HERE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Howz this Logo for Backstreet MOD ?

Hit thanks if you liked it lets c how many of you like it!

554566_486602741394309_1149147409_n.jpg