Any easy way to set Google Voice to power button double tap?

Search This thread

ronfurro

Oct 24, 2013
O-Town
I use Google Voice all the time and it sure would be nice to have it at my finger tips instead of digging in my apps, everytime I want to use it. Is there a simple remap app?

rooobbbbb

Apr 13, 2008
I use Google Voice all the time and it sure would be nice to have it at my finger tips instead of digging in my apps, everytime I want to use it. Is there a simple remap app?
In the settings for Gear Manager you can choose the app that is assigned to the double press shortcut. If you're on null rom you'll need to revert the home button remapping so instead of a lock button it is a home button again. You can't manually sleep the screen when you do this however. To get around that I put GMD gesture control on the watch to add a swipe in gesture to the right side to sleep the watch (also have a swipe in from left for back and swipe from bottom for home). If you've added any apps to the watch after setting it up they won't show in Gear Manager. To get them to show up in GM you need to delete the file /data/data/com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager/files/wapplist.xml and reboot your phone. Personally I used tasker on my watch for music controls. I then export those tasks as apps and delete that file so they show up in GM. I also installed the regular version of Gravity Box so I could map long press of the button to another app. Hope that points you in the right direction.

dwallersv

Dec 10, 2007
California
In the settings for Gear Manager you can choose the app that is assigned to the double press shortcut. If you're on null rom you'll need to revert the home button remapping so instead of a lock button it is a home button again. You can't manually sleep the screen when you do this however. To get around that I put GMD gesture control on the watch to add a swipe in gesture to the right side to sleep the watch (also have a swipe in from left for back and swipe from bottom for home). If you've added any apps to the watch after setting it up they won't show in Gear Manager. To get them to show up in GM you need to delete the file /data/data/com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager/files/wapplist.xml and reboot your phone. Personally I used tasker on my watch for music controls. I then export those tasks as apps and delete that file so they show up in GM. I also installed the regular version of Gravity Box so I could map long press of the button to another app. Hope that points you in the right direction.
Note that there is a feature in GravityBox under status bar tweaks where you can enable sleep on double tap of the status bar. I use this, and it works great!

That way, you can avoid using more precious storage space for an app (like GMD) to provide the same function.

rooobbbbb

Apr 13, 2008
Note that there is a feature in GravityBox under status bar tweaks where you can enable sleep on double tap of the status bar. I use this, and it works great!

That way, you can avoid using more precious storage space for an app (like GMD) to provide the same function.

I like having the swipe up go to a specific home screen with my clock on it via a tasker task exported to an app.

Samuel Sung

Jun 16, 2011