HTC NaviPanel

Search This thread

MacCarron

Dec 9, 2008
Treviso
Hi there, i extracted and signed the HTC Navigation Panel currently available on the Droid Incredible if anyone is interested. I tried it on my Desire and it works like a charm :D. Personally i find it more eye candy that the Nexus One CarDock application.

EDIT: I managed to mod the apk to run the hacked maps[brut] :D:D (of course you need to have them installed first ;) ). See attachments

snap20100430151212.png

credits to: Brul.all for his great work on his hacked maps :D

Attachments

• HtcNaviPanel-signed.apk
    447.3 KB · Views: 7,069
  • HtcNaviPanel-mod-signed.apk
    428.9 KB · Views: 3,900
Last edited:
Reactions: eevilgenius

Scottland

Jun 6, 2006
Google Maps, yeah i know :p. I'm working on calling the hacked maps[brut]:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=630887

Or possibly even other navigation apps, but my coding is pretty rusty so no guarantees :( . If anyone skilled enough cares to jump in he's nothing but welcome :D

Looks pretty good, would be nice if we could launch CoPilot or choose our own shortcuts. Footprints is of no use to me, but GPStatus would be :p

MacCarron

Dec 9, 2008
Treviso
Looks pretty good, would be nice if we could launch CoPilot or choose our own shortcuts. Footprints is of no use to me, but GPStatus would be :p

Updated with maps[brut] mod. At least now we can actually use a navigator regardless of where we live :p. I'm trying with Sygic now, but it doesn't quite look as straightforward...

Scottland you have pvt ;)

ninja.rogue

Oct 12, 2007
Modena
My compliments, MacCarron

does voice search work here in Italy?
Sadly, I couldn't manage it to work... :(
Also, does the panel also work horizontally?

MacCarron

Dec 9, 2008
Treviso
does voice search work here in Italy?
Sadly, I couldn't manage it to work... :(
Also, does the panel also work horizontally?

The panel seems to work only in portrait mode..Voice search works if you have installed the proper apk, but it is configured to recognize the english language. So it can be very useful while surfing the internet on global websites, utterly useless as far a navigation is concerned unless you have set english as the phone main language :p. I'm attaching the voice search apk just in case.

@Ramedge

I think this is the only one, i haven't really looked deep into the firmware though.

I'm still working on editing the shortcuts, as i said my java is very rusty :rolleyes:

Attachments

• VoiceSearch_2.1.apk
    432 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:

zerocul

Jul 17, 2005
totally kills nexus one navigation!! love it!

it'll be perfect with landscape mode enabled!

jerry_nz

Apr 17, 2010
I'd be interested in this if it has preferences to change what application was launched when hitting each button. Looks amazing though!

supasye

Dec 11, 2008
that looks the business! was looking at some docks in the market and they were rubbish compared to this! just need a music app launcher on there got the old radio transmitter on the go in the car loooove iiiiiiit!

ascot17

Dec 17, 2006
Anyone know how to get voice search to work via a bluetooth headset? I am selecting it from the Navi panel but it does not 'hear' ant voice input at all....

Nickedynick

Mar 2, 2009
Stroud, UK
Just wondering if anyone could modify the original apk to launch the new Google Navigation shortcut that todays Maps update added to the launcher?

supasye

Dec 11, 2008
who uses footprints? im gonna try changing that to music, although i have no clue where to start.

valyne

Dec 5, 2008
Navigation Panel - two buttons not working

I downloaded the Navigation Panel apk. It looks amazing. However, the phone and footprint buttons do not work for me. Is there a way for me to get them to work?
Thank you for any advice.

Oh - and when I hit menu and try to go into Settings it force closes??

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there, i extracted and signed the HTC Navigation Panel currently available on the Droid Incredible if anyone is interested. I tried it on my Desire and it works like a charm :D. Personally i find it more eye candy that the Nexus One CarDock application.

EDIT: I managed to mod the apk to run the hacked maps[brut] :D:D (of course you need to have them installed first ;) ). See attachments

snap20100430151212.png

credits to: Brul.all for his great work on his hacked maps :D