[Q] Root the unrooted Note 2 N7100

Search This thread

puttagunta_h

Apr 17, 2010
Puchong
Hi,

I have rooted by Note 2 N7100 in the past using the ODIN tool and CWM. But I had issues with some apps that were being closed at random etc. So I got tired and unrooted. But now I wanted to root it again using the ODIN. But ODIN is not able to detect my phone at all.

Please someone help me. Now that my note 2 got the 4.3, it is bloated with all kinds of crap from Samsung. I need to root to remove all the crap.

Thanks n Regards,
Harsha Puttagunta

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Hi,

I have rooted by Note 2 N7100 in the past using the ODIN tool and CWM. But I had issues with some apps that were being closed at random etc. So I got tired and unrooted. But now I wanted to root it again using the ODIN. But ODIN is not able to detect my phone at all.

Please someone help me. Now that my note 2 got the 4.3, it is bloated with all kinds of crap from Samsung. I need to root to remove all the crap.

Thanks n Regards,
Harsha Puttagunta
Remove samsung usb drivers and reinstall them,that might work

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Naa... this is a new laptop. So all new. still deleted the drivers and reinstalled. No luck.
i did google this issue and people have come up with various possibilities what could be wrong right from faulty usb cable to re installing drivers to factory resetting their device 3x for ODIN to be able to detect their device, i am a newbie too at these things so i am not really sure what could possibly be stopping from ODIN detecting your phone but i'll be on the look out and see if i can refer to you a solution if you haven't solved it already but if you do fix it somehow please post what exactly you did to make it work so it could help future users in case they run into the same issue.

EDIT: follow this word to word ,might work for you,let me know http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34625034&postcount=7

Last edited:

puttagunta_h

Apr 17, 2010
Puchong
Crazy

i did google this issue and people have come up with various possibilities what could be wrong right from faulty usb cable to re installing drivers to factory resetting their device 3x for ODIN to be able to detect their device, i am a newbie too at these things so i am not really sure what could possibly be stopping from ODIN detecting your phone but i'll be on the look out and see if i can refer to you a solution if you haven't solved it already but if you do fix it somehow please post what exactly you did to make it work so it could help future users in case they run into the same issue

It can't be the issue with the cable as I am able to use the cable for other things like backups and moving data from phone to PC etc. The issue with the Factory reset is that i dont have a spare phone at the moment. So if this device screws i am dead without a mobile to use.

Let me search some more and if I can find a solution i will post it here. Else I am going for the Cyanogenmod installer. I am tired of this.

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
It can't be the issue with the cable as I am able to use the cable for other things like backups and moving data from phone to PC etc. The issue with the Factory reset is that i dont have a spare phone at the moment. So if this device screws i am dead without a mobile to use.

Let me search some more and if I can find a solution i will post it here. Else I am going for the Cyanogenmod installer. I am tired of this.
Alright goodluck dude,hope you can fix it :)