I need assistance with Pit and Odin etc

Search This thread

midnight93933

Jan 24, 2011
Let me just say I have been in this business long enough and it has been a while since I have been in a situation like this. So I'm running the project x port. And I want to upgrade to official 4.4. I download the tar and try to Odin it. I get this PIT error, like it requires the PIT file for something. Long story short I have been trying to flash the stock 4.3 rom and original PIT, stock 4.4 and kk Pit file. So they all keep failing and I tried ode and heimdall. Every time there is a Pit error and it won't go further.
I thought I had a 800 dollar brick with all this flashing but it boots up fine and works fine. I did not expect that to happen. And I can't boot to recovery.
So my question is:Anyone else have this experience?
Anyone have a solution?
Know why or what caused this?
How to go from project x to the newest ota?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Reactions: YourCancer01

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
Let me just say I have been in this business long enough and it has been a while since I have been in a situation like this. So I'm running the project x port. And I want to upgrade to official 4.4. I download the tar and try to Odin it. I get this PIT error, like it requires the PIT file for something. Long story short I have been trying to flash the stock 4.3 rom and original PIT, stock 4.4 and kk Pit file. So they all keep failing and I tried ode and heimdall. Every time there is a Pit error and it won't go further.
I thought I had a 800 dollar brick with all this flashing but it boots up fine and works fine. I did not expect that to happen. And I can't boot to recovery.
Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

It simple download stock 4.3 flash that. Wipe wipe wipe. Then download the official 4.4.2 then root and so forth. Don't cheat and get modded 4.4.2. Go to sammymobile and download original and install thru Odin. A few videos in threads show how

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V3.0 NOTE 3

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Go to dev section and download the tar. Put phone in download mode. Odin 3.7 or 3.9 your choice load the tar in the "AP" section and hit start. It may fail the first time. Did for me, and pretty much everybody else. Don't freak. If at first you don't succeed. So boot back into download mode and run the process a second time, this time it will go all the way through and you will have a nice clean Kitty Kat Phone.

midnight93933

Jan 24, 2011
So i think my phone is a zombie.. I can boot into recovery and into the system and actually do stuff its just really slow and bugs out. I have never seen a phne do this before help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

It simple download stock 4.3 flash that. Wipe wipe wipe. Then download the official 4.4.2 then root and so forth. Don't cheat and get modded 4.4.2. Go to sammymobile and download original and install thru Odin. A few videos in threads show how

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V3.0 NOTE 3
    Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Go to dev section and download the tar. Put phone in download mode. Odin 3.7 or 3.9 your choice load the tar in the "AP" section and hit start. It may fail the first time. Did for me, and pretty much everybody else. Don't freak. If at first you don't succeed. So boot back into download mode and run the process a second time, this time it will go all the way through and you will have a nice clean Kitty Kat Phone.