21.5.11 New Updates For Samsung Galaxy S2 ....PDA:KE7 / PHONE:KE4 / CSC:KD1 (XEU)

Search This thread

ka2uki

Aug 25, 2010
GD-SD
wow!!ban!
just update ke7 by odin~~
ram useable up to 837M ,get more 5M RAM for use, TW4 work carzy smooth!!!smoother than KE2!!

vimto25

Jan 1, 2009
Burton-On-Trent,UK
zoom has changed on the camera, now shows a box with how much zoom.
also pic quaility is much better in house, not as grainy.
so camera has been updated

Last edited:
Reactions: HExa_ss

NoOneCanHelpMe

Jun 12, 2010
UK
with KE7, i recorded a min video on FHD, transferred few files with kies air, and poked around a bit. Battery is still 100%, before it would always drop at least 1 % hopefully the battery is good now

ps: audio quality is still not good 16KHz

EleCtrOx666

Aug 6, 2009
with KE7, i recorded a min video on FHD, transferred few files with kies air, and poked around a bit. Battery is still 100%, before it would always drop at least 1 % hopefully the battery is good now

ps: audio quality is still not good 16KHz
100% always stays longer as the other %, for example 99%.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

FPRobber

May 25, 2010
Graz, Austria
I have an Austrian GS2 and am currently running KE2 and Kies claims that's the latest firmware. I wonder why, KE2 was updated simultaneously in Austria and UK.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anybody point me to the rooting thread that contains KE7 stock kernel ? Thanks.

Dev forum.

KE7 Kernel is up and Odin Firmware package is uploading. :)
    Things i've noticed are;

- Auto-brightness isn't as choppy/make huge changes, much smoother.

- Battery life seems to be fairing a bit better.

- Phone seems speedier;
    On KE1 my average quadrant score was 3,100. On KE7 the average score is 3,500.

On KE1 my average smartbench 2011 score was 3,700/2,200. Now my average is 4,000/2,400.

Haven't noticed anything else yet.

*EDIT*

- GPS is more accurate. Before I'd get Accurate to 22m-28m. Now I get accurate to 8m-14m.

*EDIT 2*

- Pink spot on the camera is MUCH MUCH less pronounced! Almost impossible to see it.

*EDIT 3*

- When the phone boots up there is more RAM free than before. On KE1 after turning the phone on, RAM usage would be at ~330mb/837mb. But now on startup its about 280mb/837mb. And when you click "clear memory" it free's up more RAM than it used to.
    Ok I get it, give me a break, 1st android phone (and no I didn't use an iPhone before that)

Nothing wrong with the iPhone. If it weren't for Apple and the iPhone, none of us would be using this phone right now. People seem to get all anti-fanboy about Apple and forget about these little facts ;)

Do I prefer my Android phone? Yes. Do I think the iPhone is crap? Hell no, it was an absolutely phenomenal invention and completely changed the way we use our phones.

Now, can anyone confirm that we can re-root the phone after the upgrade please? :)
    Nothing wrong with the iPhone. If it weren't for Apple and the iPhone, none of us would be using this phone right now. People seem to get all anti-fanboy about Apple and forget about these little facts ;)

Perhaps if it was a 'fact' people wouldn't forget it. Apple are experts at taking other people's ideas, making them shiny and easy to use, then through a media love-fest and some clever advertising, making certain people believe they were the first to come up with the concept. And you seem to have fallen for it. I bet you think the iPod was the first MP3 player too..... ;)

As for the new firmware, I wish they would come up with some changelogs for these things.
    one of the changes of KE7 i have noticed, is that The phone can now connect to Adhock networks :D

there were problems with Adhock earlier ;)